PDA

View Full Version : Weighing in a car with no log book

hendrix
02-09-10, 07:34 PM
Want to get the SR out the way this weekend as I'm moving house and need to sort a ton of shoite out but seeing as though we have had the car years we can't find the log book.
Can I weigh it in without and just ring the DVLA to tell them its scrapped? I'm guessing not.
Any other ways around this?

burgo
02-09-10, 07:37 PM
depends who you know lol there are some dodgy places that will take anything and lob it straight in the crusher no questions asked lol

hendrix
02-09-10, 07:45 PM
yeah its not that, I want the DVLA to know its gone so I don't have to keep SORNing it lol

burgo
02-09-10, 07:50 PM
in that case i am sure there is a form you can get for it. or my local emr place can declare it scrapped via the chassis number

Pete
02-09-10, 08:37 PM
when i scrapped my mk3 astra i had no logbook and the car was not in my name.
i rang up the adverts in local papers and told them how much i wanted for it and that i did not have the V5,
they gave me £15 under what i asked for and scrapped it and so far not heard anything from it after that, maybe worth a try?

craig green
02-09-10, 08:41 PM
Get rid & inform the DVLA before you move. If you have no way of retrieving any mail they send you, you pretty much cannot receive documents, reminders etc from DVLA as they will not issue them to a new addrress.

If you are currently with parents maybe, then your OK. But I had a situation with my Luxe wherby I'd lost the V5 & moved & the DVLA would not give me a new V5 unles they posted it to my old address. Grrr.

Steve0011
03-09-10, 01:29 AM
theres an option on the v5 to say that you personally broke the car for spares slightly different than saying its been scrapped, then just weigh it in

brainsnova
03-09-10, 01:39 AM
i weighed in a car and there was no v5 and the guy needed the last m.o.t and the registered keepers driving licence to verify we never stole it lol

Edd
03-09-10, 01:53 AM
Cut it up into bits and take it to your local tip/recycling place, iv done that a few times

djbrowney
03-09-10, 07:49 AM
Just take it down you loal scrap yard, they will ask you if you have the log book. Just tell them no. It really dosnt matter. Then just send then a nicley worded letter to the dvla. I scrapped this car at time/date ect. I always do this and always recive a leter back saying 'we are now aware you no longer the keeper of the car' :) quite simple !

tony k
03-09-10, 08:59 AM
take it to a local scrappy then sign the log book off as if you sold it easy enough

bmw156
03-09-10, 10:03 AM
i scrapped an mk2 astra with no plates, no V5 etc, and then still managed to get the info, and send me a nice letter telling me it has been scrapped etc.

SR-Rally
03-09-10, 10:44 AM
I scrapped a pug 406 other week without log book. I just told them I'l send off logbook to say it's scrapped :) then sent a letter saying scrapped and date :)

dj_wudgey
03-09-10, 12:32 PM
whats left on the sr matey??

Spudly
03-09-10, 06:09 PM
theres an option on the v5 to say that you personally broke the car for spares slightly different than saying its been scrapped, then just weigh it in

take it to a local scrappy then sign the log book off as if you sold it easy enough

And the awards for 'not reading the thread before posting' goes to.......

lol

hendrix
04-09-10, 12:16 AM
haha cheers spud.

I'm going to ring the local weighing in place and try find out the score, else i'm gonna have to just pay the 25 to get the log book as iirc our local places won't take without log book now.

Nothing left on the SR now Mark. I still have bumpers and spoiler etc lying around.

NOVA-KID-93
04-09-10, 12:32 AM
alright bud, dont suppose you got/ can get the rear seat brackets for the split base can you mate? im still interested if you have got them :)

hendrix
04-09-10, 01:12 AM
will cut them off tomorrow :)

novalicous
04-09-10, 09:37 AM

who will lol

NOVA-KID-93
04-09-10, 11:12 AM

Cheers mate :)

dan2.0
04-09-10, 11:16 AM
just weigh it in then write to the dvla saying it has been scrapped thats all i did with my rover