PDA

View Full Version : Improved F13 gearbox breather

steg1970
02-09-10, 08:02 AM
In a continuation from my previous thread 'Puzzeling gearbox problem' and one on the British Rally forum I need to improve/enlarge the breather on the Quaife gearbox to stop it spiting out its oil.

Has anyone done this before?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of a pipe up to a small bottle from the breather plug or even just a short lenght of hose from the breather with drilled out internals.

garyc
02-09-10, 08:04 AM
I've seen the breather plug drilled and tapped then a brake fluid resevoir screwed in there. I'd give that a go.

gc

mk1nova_rich
02-09-10, 07:25 PM
In a continuation from my previous thread 'Puzzeling gearbox problem' and one on the British Rally forum I need to improve/enlarge the breather on the Quaife gearbox to stop it spiting out its oil.

Has anyone done this before?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of a pipe up to a small bottle from the breather plug or even just a short lenght of hose from the breather with drilled out internals.

I would go for this, just run a length of pipe up to a small catch tank with a filter on the top. Any oil in the tank will just drain back down into the gearbox when the car is stationary :thumb: