PDA

View Full Version : nova vs corsa b

ashley12
01-09-10, 10:31 PM
Hello was wondering on the handling and proformance on both the cars,
corsa with out P/S
If a had a corsa B say.. redtop? and a nova redtop.. same engine would the nova be a faster car on the road/track then the corsa due to weight and so on or are they about the same?

which one would handle best?

and what needs to be done on both cars to redtop them?

thanks Ash

General Baxter
01-09-10, 10:34 PM
if the same driver was in both cars at the same time, the nova,

but theres so many factors, did the driver of the corsa take a ****e ?

mowgli
01-09-10, 10:34 PM
use the search function. the redtop conversion has been covered once or twice.

as for performance.. they will be pretty much the same.

ashley12
01-09-10, 10:42 PM
lmao no he didnt take a **** you think he should of?

and ok mowgli thanks (:

Jack
01-09-10, 10:43 PM
The corsa would be cheaper/easier in terms of sourcing the car. And be in better condition £-for-rust wise.

ashley12
01-09-10, 10:53 PM
yea thats what i was thinking.. i no the nova u have to have strenthnd.. but ive hurd that the corsa you dont? is this true?

Jack
01-09-10, 10:55 PM
Ditch the text typing :p

Neither HAVE to be strengthened if the shell is in decent condition and its only for road use. Mind you, I stitched and plated mine before I fitted the XE as a) the roads round here are shoite lol and b) I wanted the V6 ages ago :d

Shaun
01-09-10, 10:55 PM
they should be done aswel tbh, ive seen corsas and novas pull themselves apart

ashley12
01-09-10, 11:08 PM
sorry about text talk.. and ok then.. i had an old corsa b 1993 was in good condition but there was a knocking in one of the front wheels when i turned right and hit a bump was quite load too but what im getting at is the steering seemed really hard i dont no if it was a bush gone and that was why or its just the way corsas are? My mate has a metro GTi lookalike and the steering is soo easy and its like a little go kart.. and it puts me off having a corsa with havey steering as its not as fun and the metro through the contry lanes on a late night having a little fun :D

Lee H
01-09-10, 11:23 PM
Corsa handles better than a Nova IMO due to stronger chassis and wider track. Nova is quicker though due to weight.

I prefer driving my Corsa XE to my old Nova that the engine came out of but prefer the Nova looks.

Mieran
02-09-10, 12:52 AM
I've had both, Nova was so much more fun to drive.