PDA

View Full Version : C20XE running issues

NitrousVaux
01-09-10, 09:23 PM
Right I got my C20XE up and running and managed to make my way all the way to Nice in France from Birmingham (2000 miles!!! ish) I did however encounter a couple of really strange problems which I cannot find the fault of or replicate!

Basically when I was driving along the car just died! no engine warning lights, no noises or bangs just the car would loose power like no spark and eventually die. Stop the car and start it again and it would be fine.

I have checked the plugs and leads and replaced the dizzy cap prior to the journey so I am ata kinda loss as to that one.

The second problem was that while driving the car would feel like it was loosing power / drive and bog down then if I changed gear the car would try to run then a massive bang out of the exhaust then car was fine. A couple of times it did this. (sounds like over fuelling to me!)

I have been trying to work out if any of the problems are realted but nothing seems to work. I have changed to coil recently and that has cleared a few things, but I seem to get bit of overun when you take your foot off the gas and it can pop a little. I have checked all connections, I did have a loose idle valve but have fixed the connector now.

I have had a flickering light which was the O2 sensor coming up. Could all of these issues be linked?

Good thing is as the gearbox sounds like a bunch of spanners in first and second gear the car is off the road until I can get myself a newer box, but I would really appreciate some help.

Cheers guys and gals.

Pistol Pete
01-09-10, 09:37 PM
Change the O2 sensor, if thats broke. Then go from there.

NitrousVaux
01-09-10, 10:00 PM
new sensor on order now