PDA

View Full Version : Bad news about my nova!

Danb1987
01-09-10, 09:57 AM
Well lads I'm pretty new here! I brought 2 novas a while back one c20let and one Sri.. With intentions of making one good car!! Sent them off to have the engines swapped and it turns out there both majorly rotten :( sooooo iv now brought a 52plate corsa C "cheap" so my engines now going in that!!! Pretty happy but I'm gonna miss my nova!!!!!!!

Sloth
01-09-10, 10:00 AM
good luck with the c let into c, theyre a nightmare....

Danb1987
01-09-10, 10:02 AM
Iv got a lot of trust in the bloke who's doing it for me lol he's got 2 in the garage atm : )

Southie
01-09-10, 10:04 AM
Pictures of rotten Nova's they won't be as bad as Basil's lol Buy a Corsa B far better, cheaper and easier than a C.

paul james
01-09-10, 10:04 AM
Pics of how rotten the novas are? perhaps the guy doing the conversion just doesn't like welding?

Danb1987
01-09-10, 10:08 AM
Tbf it was my choice on not going ahead with the welding il not get up to see the car till the weekend atleeast! So il try get sum pics then basically both sills completely gone ns arch gone bulkhead gone boot gone holes just kept appearing everywhere!

Sloth
01-09-10, 10:21 AM
ok, so have you spurced all the corsa c conversion bits?

also if it was me id strip the 2 novas, sell the good stuff and buy a decent shell. iirc lee h had a free one on here not so long ago.

gc_vaux
01-09-10, 10:21 AM
Gutted about the rot but i'd still give it a go at welding it up if it isnt beyond repair. f*ck a corsa when youv got 2 novas sat there lol

Danb1987
01-09-10, 10:44 AM
I dunno! When I say cheap about the corsa I ment cheap lol 52plate 60k hpi all clear registered as 2l comes with mounts n shafts for a redtop.... Just no engine or gearbox..... £380 ;) lol bargain

gc_vaux
01-09-10, 10:53 AM
I dunno! When I say cheap about the corsa I ment cheap lol 52plate 60k hpi all clear registered as 2l comes with mounts n shafts for a redtop.... Just no engine or gearbox..... £380 ;) lol bargain

lol fair play then. LET it and sell it with full t&t,fetch good money, and get a nova c20let ;)

Connor
01-09-10, 11:07 AM
Whats it with everyone giving up on novas and buying corsa c's
Man up and weld it up

gc_vaux
01-09-10, 11:11 AM
Man up and weld it up
lol +rep

Vausey_Nova_Knotla
01-09-10, 11:18 AM
a let corsa c just wunt be the same as a let nova just not the nova feeling but good look with the conversion and some pics of your novas and corsa c

Angus Closier
01-09-10, 11:18 AM
Man up and weld it up

Well this happens when you realise how stupid you are spending loads of money on an 80's rot box for at the end of it you still have a nova.lol lol

bazil
01-09-10, 11:33 AM
Pictures of rotten Nova's they won't be as bad as Basil's lol.

lollol
not many would take on a project like mine

Sloth
01-09-10, 11:47 AM
Well this happens when you realise how stupid you are spending loads of money on an 80's rot box for at the end of it you still have a nova.lol lol

so you own a nova why? :wtf:

dj_wudgey
01-09-10, 11:53 AM
lollol
not many would take on a project like mine

respect to you mate if your nova's fooked and your sorting it!!

Danb1987
01-09-10, 12:27 PM
I know the C won't be the same but iv had the nova 6months now n not got no where with it.. I'm gonna let the C and if it sell after abit buy a mint nova!!! I swapped a mint mk2b punto for the rotten nova lol !! Gonna stick with this forum thow coz I dnt really like Corsa-c it's not a patch on here : )

Connor
01-09-10, 01:00 PM

Meh i love my rotbox. Couldnt imagine driving something so common

Shaun
01-09-10, 01:08 PM
Danb1987 if you want to make a few bucks and sell the corsa straight on them pm me

Angus Closier
01-09-10, 01:09 PM
so you own a nova why? :wtf:

Got more in my life than just a nova!! lol lol

Would never spend all my money on it.....

Angus Closier
01-09-10, 01:11 PM
Meh i love my rotbox. Couldnt imagine driving something so common

Depends what you want in a car, Im lucky enough to have more than one.

IV got a car which I can get in and EVERYTHING works just as it should, no worry's about MOTs etc. Good radio/aircon/heating/electric windows/ etc

Nova is fun but has none of these

stupot89
01-09-10, 01:12 PM
good luck with the c let into c, theyre a nightmare....

rob trust me there not that bad to do i have done 2 and yeah first one is always a pain but the second one is easier trust me

Connor
01-09-10, 01:19 PM
Depends what you want in a car, Im lucky enough to have more than one.

IV got a car which I can get in and EVERYTHING works just as it should, no worry's about MOTs etc. Good radio/aircon/heating/electric windows/ etc

Nova is fun but has none of these

Fairplay, i use mine as a daily/uni hack, and it doesnt fase me.
and tbh with good maitenance it hasnt let me down in over a year and half. Mots are straight through no advisories. :cool: :cool:
But yea i know what you mean though by buying a car that you dont have to worry about etc, but meh each to there own, everyone has different preferences, abilities and patience lol

Sloth
01-09-10, 01:37 PM
if you wanna sell the c on pm me.

Angus Closier
01-09-10, 01:59 PM
and tbh with good maitenance it hasnt let me down in over a year and half. Mots are straight through no advisories. :cool: :cool:
But yea i know what you mean though by buying a car that you dont have to worry about etc, but meh each to there own, everyone has different preferences, abilities and patience lol

Yes im lucky enough to be able to have a worry free car, Just when you have a car like that you tend to stay away from driving somthing like a nova daily!!

The nova is great fun dont get me wrong but at the end of the day its not what i want to be turning up to work/important things in.
lol lol

stupot89
01-09-10, 02:01 PM

i also use mine everyday to get too and from work. in the last 12 months i have done 17000 miles and it has only let me down once (king lead fell off the coil lol) and its been to john o groats and lands end