PDA

View Full Version : Polish brandy

Edd
01-09-10, 08:54 AM
One of the Polish chaps at work kindly brought this back from Poland for me

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr359/EDDRODGERS/56a30bf9.jpg

It's says brandy but the Polish lad says it's vodka.
At 70% I would think it's very strong lol

I normally drink vodka neat but think I might need to dilute this a little lol any recommendations to what to mix it with ?

I always thought it was a bit of a myth that you could get stuff that strong so looking forward to trying it, not bad for £9 as well

Stuart
01-09-10, 09:00 AM
sparking mineral water (or still)

Its somewhat killer in terms of how trashed you get on so little booze (even on std strength stuff). Plus if its got a good flavour you cant taste it better

Southie
01-09-10, 10:00 AM
A little bit nerdy but have a read through this Edd, educate yourself lol. CLICKY (http://polishfoodinfo.com/polish-drinks/polish-vodka-brands/52-its-time-for-something-really-strong-polish-sliwowica-polish-slivovitz-.html)

Edd
01-09-10, 10:18 AM
Cheers oh and empty your inbox Mr South lol

GRUNT 16V
01-09-10, 10:32 AM
lol

MK999
01-09-10, 11:37 AM
I always thought it was a bit of a myth that you could get stuff that strong so looking forward to trying it, not bad for £9 as well

Myth, no, and by absolute standards your brandy is a tad on the weak side: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)

mowgli
01-09-10, 11:44 AM
just make sure you don't have anywhere to go the following day...... you drink a bit, think its nice, and then drink a lot more.. then your body catches up.... a workmate got me some made with cherries... it tasted like cough medicine, and my legs didn't work afterwards.

Edd
01-09-10, 11:52 AM
Myth, no, and by absolute standards your brandy is a tad on the weak side: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)
I wouldn't say 70% is weak tbh mate lol

Looking through the link Southie posted there is stronger tho lol

mowgli
01-09-10, 11:55 AM
it does remind me of the victor meldrew thing where his wife was poorly & he did the shopping... he came home really proud cos he'd been to 8 different shops but he'd managed to find a bottle of polish sherry.... and his wife says... i wanted polish & sherry

dj_wudgey
01-09-10, 12:04 PM
i bet that stuff is like rocket fuel lol id be on my back after a few hits off that stuff lol

MK999
01-09-10, 12:06 PM
I wouldn't say 70% is weak tbh mate lol

Looking through the link Southie posted there is stronger tho lol

Did you not read my link? :p 95% and it's only 95% because after than you actually can't get any more water out of it with food grade distillery methods :p

George g
01-09-10, 10:27 PM
That's brilliant stuff! Bloody gorgeous with a bit of coke if you want a mixer, but its by far best drunk on its own!

craig green
01-09-10, 11:24 PM
LOL @ Edd not being a Bacardi drinker anymore!

Neat Vodka!! :eek:

Surprised you havent imported some Arnadale? Grey Goose is nice.

svlet
02-09-10, 01:21 AM
i have absenth in my room that goes from 65% all the way to 89.9% its leathel stuff tasts like annaseed and has a warm burning sensation when you drink it

Nova_Tek
02-09-10, 02:27 AM
You want lethal, you should try some stuff that Cyrpiots drink called Zivania or Zivaniya depending where you're from. You can get some at close to 100%. It puts hairs on your... hairs lol

How about Polish Vodka & RedBull?

dj_wudgey
03-09-10, 01:06 PM
i have absenth in my room that goes from 65% all the way to 89.9% its leathel stuff tasts like annaseed and has a warm burning sensation when you drink it

its mad stuff absenth burns to much though lol

Edd
03-09-10, 07:06 PM
lol girlfriends mate who thinks she is a hardcore drinker tried a couple shots neat last night lol lol lol

Was very ill lol lol lol

Think I'll mix it down a little when I try it tomorrow night lol

Andy
03-09-10, 07:27 PM
meths are where its at

svlet
03-09-10, 07:31 PM
its mad stuff absenth burns to much though lol it definetly gives you a warm feeling think might have a few tonight it isent bad tasting either think thats where the bad times come from

Andy
03-09-10, 07:34 PM
girlfriends mate
pics??