PDA

View Full Version : Megajolt management

novaxe235
31-08-10, 09:45 PM
At the moment my nova runs on twin 48 carbs and a H+H distributor kit, would i see any power/torque increase from running it off megajolt, obviously mapped properly on the rollers.

Prey
31-08-10, 10:05 PM
When I went from dizzy to megajolt I didn't notice any improvement in the top end but the car ran much smoother and pulled better from low down and through the midrange*

It improved the emissions a lot too (this was measured on a gas analyser).

* This is just my opinion though, I haven't actually had the car on a rolling road but i did run the dizzy and megajolt in the car at the same time (simple lead switch) so I could directly compare.

novaxe235
01-09-10, 07:16 PM
OK do you think it was worth the money then?.

Prey
02-09-10, 01:06 PM
I think so - as you could probably cover most of the cost by selling your H+H setup, depending on how much of the install/setup you could do yourself?

It does have other advantages, like switchable maps - outputs for shift lights etc - you can build in a hard rev limiter - run your tacho from it etc.

Also means you can do away with/hide a lot of the crap out of the bay if thats your thing.

Personally it ticks another box of something that I could do myself as an improvement as well.