PDA

View Full Version : Can happen to anyone

Cle
31-08-10, 08:10 PM
Well...Its hard to write this but me a alot of friends have be hit very close to the heart :( Me and two of my mates were on our way to meet up with a few mates in Kingussie when as we left Aviemore, my mates phone rang........ A good mate had crashed and only information we got was the paramedics say its touch and go, :( This was not good news, As we arrived in Kingussie we meet up with most of the locals, news as it came was not good, which left everyone near in tears until the most unwanted news came :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6646412-school-leaver-dies-after-highland-smash-near-kingussie-highland

Its not a detailed report but if i describe what happened ill probably break down.

I no theres alot of young people on the forum and i just want to say IT CAN happen to any of you, Please think of your family and close friends before you start driving fast and always wear a seatbelt !!!

Nova_Tek
31-08-10, 08:16 PM
Sorry to hear that mate.

Like you said, it can happen to anyone.

Just need to be sensible and safe whilst enjoying a drive.

I'd guess a Gatso will be put up at that site seeing there has been accidents in the same place.

Alex J
31-08-10, 08:19 PM
very sorry to here this mate.

svlet
31-08-10, 08:28 PM
this is kind of simillar to my friend but he only broke his neck but whar he crashed thier had already been 4 crashes on the same corner in 2 days sorry to hear about your loss iv lost 8 friends in the past 2 weeks and it is not the best thing to go threw

Pete
31-08-10, 09:54 PM
sorry to hear that mate, i lost one of my close friends in a car crash due to him being a numpty.
but like you said it can happen to anybody but its just a way of life, treat everyday as if its your last.

MattBrown
31-08-10, 09:59 PM
Theres been a couple of crashes round here as of recent.

Never good to hear.

CoolTiger
31-08-10, 11:52 PM
sad news that :(
a mate mines mum has crashed about an hour ago shes in a bad way apparently still getting news through no doubt ill but up half the night, hope she pulls through

grooge
01-09-10, 12:12 AM
i am really sorry to hear this. i drove down that exact road just the day before.

Paul
01-09-10, 12:14 AM
Sorry to hear that mate. RIP to him

brainsnova
01-09-10, 12:30 AM
R.i.p to your friend

Cle
01-09-10, 06:51 PM
Going through tonight an getting some flowers so if anyone close to kingussie see's a massive flood my bad :( Hopefully be able to get on with things after the funeral.

L14MNP
01-09-10, 06:58 PM
R.I.P to the lad, this is never nice.

So what's the deal? Wasn't wearing his seatbelt? I can NEVER understand people wo don't and i have little sympathy for them. TBH I feel as though they bring it on themselves.

I hope this was not the case with your mate.

Cle
01-09-10, 07:05 PM
Yeah :( no seat belt went through windscreen .

L14MNP
01-09-10, 07:17 PM
Silly lad! It's the friends and family that have to pick up the pieces. Anything but fair. :(

Like I say, R.I.P to the lad, but I find it so hard to believe people can be so ignorant to the need to belt up!

All the best to you Cle, I've been in the same situation before mate.

claire6069
01-09-10, 09:26 PM
sorry to hear that dude! quite a few crashes round this way lately too..........young lads in vts saxos' and 306 xs's thinking they're colin mcrae - luckily they survived, its unfortunate when people like your mate dont, i know its no consolation but at least he didnt suffer for days or weeks

kenny_afh
01-09-10, 09:34 PM
a very sad story, but well done for trying to learn from it. its not the way we should be learning but all too often it is. my condolences to you.

16v Nova Kev
01-09-10, 09:35 PM
fook sake sorry to hear about your mate. tho they should sort that road out it seems a bad bit.:(

MattBrown
01-09-10, 09:41 PM
Silly lad! It's the friends and family that have to pick up the pieces. Anything but fair. :(

Like I say, R.I.P to the lad, but I find it so hard to believe people can be so ignorant to the need to belt up!

All the best to you Cle, I've been in the same situation before mate.

Its the people left behind I feel for:(

I dont think ill ever hammer a car without a cage and harnesses now.

Not worth it:(

grooge
01-09-10, 09:55 PM
R.I.P to the lad, this is never nice.

So what's the deal? Wasn't wearing his seatbelt? I can NEVER understand people wo don't and i have little sympathy for them. TBH I feel as though they bring it on themselves.

I hope this was not the case with your mate.

while i do agree that you should always where a seatbelt, once you get into the habit of not wearing one it is hard to overcome.
I work as a milkman and don't wear a belt in the van, after doing it for so long i've got into the bad habit of not wearing a belt if i jump in a car as a passenger but only if I'm driving. it usually takes 5 mins or a sudden burst of acceleration to make me check and realise that i've not put a belt on.

unfortunately in this case the lad has paid the price for what could have been a quick lapse of concentration forgetting to put his belt on. RIP.

dj_wudgey
03-09-10, 01:14 PM
sorry to hear it matey ive lost a few freinds and all but one died through incidents involving cars in some way!

SR-Rally
03-09-10, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear about this. My simpathys go to all the family and close friends!