PDA

View Full Version : retropower

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 07:01 PM
ive seen these a few times in total vaux any one had any work done by them?? im thinking off sending my sr there ive had a look on there site and there work seems to be good!! and the green 4 door chevette in tv recently was well nice and they built it!!

i could have my dad weld the pannels in and spray it ect our selfe but he can never be a*sed after restoring his old vw's it would be much easier to get some one else to do it rather than getting my dad in the mood to help me!! id like to have a go at welding pannels in myself but just not on the sr!!

so any one ever had and work ect done by these??

http://www.retropower.co.uk/index.html

craig green
31-08-10, 07:40 PM
basically, you want your ride pimped?

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 07:54 PM
nope i want them to restore it!! a few new pannels in and a respray is what im after!!

Southie
31-08-10, 08:06 PM
Surely there must be a good bodyshop near that can do that for you.

bmw156
31-08-10, 08:09 PM
i have heard good and bad things lol.
the work they do looks good.
but i have heard bad things from a manta restorer,like on the green chevette, they run the fuel lines next to the battery cable. so if they hit a rock by accident, and split both, there is likely to be a fire.

just little things.
i have message him on retro rides, and he helped me with dimensions.
and he seems a tad on the pricy side :)

simonm
31-08-10, 08:17 PM
ive seen and followed a lot of his work over on total opel and his work is awsome but also the guy that fitted my roof skin is prity sh1t hot to but he only does panelling no painting if you were thinking about headin to these isles with it hed be worth thinkin about just my opinion

dj_wudgey
01-09-10, 11:56 AM
yea i just want a few pannels and a full respray really!! they wouldnt be moving brakelines ect ect!! i doubt ill be over to island mate if i do itl just be for a few days to watch some rallying!!

Sloth
01-09-10, 01:42 PM
there is a write up in this months tv. tbh if your after old skool rwd stuff, they are good, but not too sure on the modern stuff.

AlexW
01-09-10, 03:42 PM
Just get a good bodyshop to do it.
Its hardly something massive, or on a very pricey car, its a sub 2k nova at the end of the day.

dj_wudgey
01-09-10, 05:39 PM
yea i know but i want to make shure she's perfect!! im not shure about many bodyshops round here there all dodgey pikey wanabe f*ckers in dony lol

MattBrown
01-09-10, 05:42 PM
yea i know but i want to make shure she's perfect!! im not shure about many bodyshops round here there all dodgey pikey wanabe f*ckers in dony lol

Its hard to find an old school bodyshop now.

All they want is insurance work:mad:

Theres a fella near me, lives in a smallholding, used to own a big bodyshop

Does work at home, to pass the time.

Real real good guy, and building a shell from pannels wouldnt phase himlol

dj_wudgey
01-09-10, 05:45 PM
yea loads are dodgy aswell thats why i want to go somewhere with a good reputation!