PDA

View Full Version : let fuel problem

turbo-boy
31-08-10, 03:41 PM
hello there came accross a fault with my car.this is what it is.when i start it up from cold everything is sweet once it warms up and you give it a we bit of boost it just really really over fuels like mad and i mine black smoke out the back and it putting the perol into the sump cause i can smell the petrol fumes coming from my rocker cover.let it cool down and it runs sweet until to start driving it.tried to flash the codes but this didnt work there is balley motor sport chips in the ecu.i hav checked the fuel pressure when it was cold and when the fault is in it fuel pressure was fine,hav checked all earths and vacume pipes,and theford spark plugs are gapped to 0.6mm.every time it happens it starts missing on cylinder 3 so i swapp number 3 injector with number 4 and the fault is still there even changed the leads.im going to get a temp sensor to try in it but i think its something else.could my ecu be mucking about?

david dixon
01-09-10, 07:21 PM
I have never heard of those chips before, you might be best off trying a standard ecu to see if it cures the problem but change the water temp switch anyway as they pennies and do sometimes give bother.......but if you say its putting that much in that its getting to the sump STOP DRIVING IT! its going to wash your bores and then its a rebuild (if it hasn't already) take the dip stick out and see if it smells of petrol.

are you sure they are standard injectors? it shouldn't be fueling that much at all!!

David.

turbo-boy
02-09-10, 10:18 PM
there stabdard let ones hav been driving the car for about 2 months and the fault just came straight into and so times it will just go out of it as fast as it came. i stoped driving it the second time it did it so i think the bores will be sweet.going to chance temp and o2 sensor and maybe try a air flow meter in it

david dixon
02-09-10, 11:40 PM
could be worth trying a lambda while you on

David.