PDA

View Full Version : I cant believe...

Andy
31-08-10, 07:00 AM
How cold it has been the past few mornings!! Its supposed to be summer FFS!!
Its been like October mornings for the past week or more.:wtf:
I start at 6am most days and have to wear my jacket till around 8.

Edd
31-08-10, 07:30 AM
Ground frost here last night ffs !!

Global warming ????? lol I think not lol more like global cooling lol

MattBrown
31-08-10, 07:51 AM
Same here, outside from 7am, and its freezing lol

bazil
31-08-10, 07:57 AM
5c yesterday morn and 6c this morning, funking lovley and fresh :)

Asa-James
31-08-10, 08:00 AM
wouldnt know, this is the earliest ive been up since thursday:plol

Jack
31-08-10, 08:27 AM
Global warming ????? lol I think not lol more like global cooling lol
Global warming means the UK will get colder due to redirection of the Gulf Stream, which is the only thing keeping us so mild. We're the same longitude as Canada and thats a pretty frosty place.

Anyway, I like the cold. I'm just off to burn some more tyres lol

Sloth
31-08-10, 08:34 AM
you turned into merris? /\

Edd
31-08-10, 08:47 AM
Global warming means the UK will get colder due to redirection of the Gulf Stream, which is the only thing keeping us so mild. We're the same longitude as Canada and thats a pretty frosty place.

Anyway, I like the cold. I'm just off to burn some more tyres lol
Last I heard was the so called climate experts saying we would start have temps like the Med ?
They seem to have gone quiet after the extreme temps last winter tho lol

bazil
31-08-10, 08:55 AM
I've been told my winter gritting standby may be getting brought forward a month as snow may arrive in September ??!?!?

Tanya.
31-08-10, 09:02 AM
I've been told my winter gritting standby may be getting brought forward a month as snow may arrive in September ??!?!?

I've heard from quite a few people it's meant to snow in September. :wtf:

Sloth
31-08-10, 09:29 AM
same here. ill have snow plz. thehn when i move it will be goiung from freezin cold to nice and hot.

bazil
31-08-10, 09:32 AM
Bazil no like the warmz, I far prefer the snow and ice,

I make a shoite load more money lol lol

mowgli
31-08-10, 11:39 AM
you lot are all going soft... i've just spent the bank holiday in a tent at rutland water.... and we were either biking, windsurfing or just sat outside enjoying the great outdoors

Sloth
31-08-10, 11:53 AM
in a tartan blanket with cocoa and cucumber sarnies? shearings holiday huh? ;)

Stuart
31-08-10, 12:06 PM
Saga ;) lol

I cant see the temperature dropping another 10-15deg in a few weeks given the time of year to make it snow with any vigour.

Till whatever weather happens, I call bullsheets on predictions.

We went out wrapped up in jumpers and winter coats yesterday due to the wind, and then once we got into the park, the wind dropped, the sun came out and we were wilting lol

Sloth
31-08-10, 12:08 PM
yup, me and dad went to york dragstrip, all wrapped up, luynchtime came and we were sweating it was that hot, and i have sunburn on my face.

brainsnova
31-08-10, 12:12 PM
by the time i wake up its summer

mowgli
31-08-10, 12:13 PM
in a tartan blanket with cocoa and cucumber sarnies? shearings holiday huh? ;)

biked 30 miles, windsurfed for 7hrs, chased my kids round for about 6 hrs.... drank for lots of hours....

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 02:10 PM
by the time i wake up its summer

lol same here but then the past few nights have been chilly here!!

mowgli
31-08-10, 02:39 PM
i've never heard such softy style complaining from the north....... are you really having a cold snap up there???

Stuart
31-08-10, 02:47 PM
i've never heard such softy style complaining from the north....... are you really having a cold snap up there???

Its spring for them.... give it a few months for "northen summer".. although you should be experienceing the same as youre in the norf :p

mowgli
31-08-10, 03:11 PM
i think they've been on the lager shandy or something....... the best uk holidays i've ever had (for good weather) have been in september, and i go camping with the family... i don't really feel the cold until my piss bounces back up in the toilet...

stupot89
31-08-10, 03:16 PM
How cold it has been the past few mornings!! Its supposed to be summer FFS!!
Its been like October mornings for the past week or more.:wtf:
I start at 6am most days and have to wear my jacket till around 8.

pussy i start a 7am but im up at 5 and i drive to work with the window down :P

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 03:18 PM
eh its allways cold up here were not moaning were just saying lol

bmw156
31-08-10, 03:56 PM
it must seem colder in the nova with those **** heaters.
its lovely in my renault 19. heats up nice and quick :D

mowgli
31-08-10, 04:06 PM
odd that... my nova has a heater like a furnace.... it must have only been your one that was crap............

mowgli
31-08-10, 04:06 PM
were not moaning were just saying lol

the most northern thing ever

Stuart
31-08-10, 04:23 PM
try an ali/grp car with NO heater fitted at all, just a cold air blower lol....

frozen inside of the screen is the official start of winter (usually December)

mowgli
31-08-10, 04:25 PM
well, as it was designed to run with a k series engine before gm bandwagoned it, it was never meant to have a heating system, just as a k series doesn't have a cooling system...

Stuart
31-08-10, 04:53 PM
It should have a heater, but its as much use as a driving license is to Matt Brown...

Andy
31-08-10, 05:07 PM
well,what have i started? lol
Same again today,coat on when i 1st went out then by 8.30 and the sun was shining i was sweating like a glassblowers ar5e.
lmfao at stuart lol

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 06:01 PM
odd that... my nova has a heater like a furnace.... it must have only been your one that was crap............

my heaters are b*llocks in my nova but presonally i HATE having heaters on in cars me so i dont really care lol

Spudly
31-08-10, 06:07 PM
It should have a heater, but its as much use as a driving license is to Matt Brown...

Lmfao thats class, have some reppage lol

Its not bloody cold, ive been getting sunburnt last couple of days, today especially as its been so ferkin hot this aft, im out in all weather and its only properly cold when im trying to get the ice off the pitch cars at work and it gets so cold my wash leather freezes:p

And just to add, why the hell does everyone on here seem to think nova heaters are poo, all of mine have always been fantastic, i hardly use my heaters tbf, and i always drive with my window open lol

Andy
31-08-10, 07:38 PM
maybe everyone is driving round with shagged water pumps and blown headgaskets,or simply not filling the coolant up

Spudly
31-08-10, 07:43 PM
Quite possibly mate, my red K reg one had poo heaters till i changed the stat, but i knew what that was so it was all good, they were like a sauna once warmed up afterwards lol

Jack
31-08-10, 09:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2oPgA5LSVv0/R03QotBII-I/AAAAAAAACwk/D4nJaBECrkU/S240/victor_meldrew220.jpg

John
31-08-10, 09:35 PM

rofffle

MattBrown
31-08-10, 09:38 PM
Ohh ffs:@:@:@

Our lane has just been gritted!

Must be on for a cold night.

Jack
31-08-10, 10:10 PM
Days are getting shorter, we're in the middle of a high pressure blob at the mo.... no cloud cover = cold nights.

Hobbit
01-09-10, 05:41 AM
Still nice and warm down here. :)