PDA

View Full Version : People who dont use mirrors!!!

Andy
29-08-10, 02:41 PM
Are a danger to everyone,coming back from the shop in my village,a car is in a space looking like its about to pull out,i let off the throttle and hover the brakes waiting for the inevitable.Which happened within 10metres of me and offending car,which indicated and moved out into my path in one move.Slammed on hard and had to swerve up the kerb where the central reservation in to avoid impact.
After 10seconds of continuous horn blasting the car in front pulls back into the parking space.I stopped,wound passenger window down and expained to the stupid old dear behind the wheel-"you know those mirrors are not there for show,use them before pulling out!!!:mad: "
She claimed she signalled,which is irrelevant if your not looking if owts coming when moving away.Anyway heated words were exchanged with the last one ending with off.I cannot believe how stupid some people are,this has happened to me loads round here just lately and its always the old folk.Its like they cannot judge distance and speed,any normal person would have seen that the distance was too small to even plant it out of there.Just a good job i didnt have the kids in the car otherwise i would have been livid.Oh and all 6 of my eggs went flying off the passenger seat and survivedlol
Rant over,i feel better now.

Alex J
29-08-10, 02:56 PM
van driver law states that you should never uses mirrorslol

andy_mk3
29-08-10, 03:33 PM
People expect that everyone will just stop and let them out, indicating or not.

svlet
29-08-10, 03:35 PM
should of roported her for driving with out due care and attention

andy_mk3
29-08-10, 03:37 PM
should of roported her for driving with out due care and attention

What would get done about that? Absolutely nothing!

svlet
29-08-10, 03:42 PM
my mate is getting charged for over taking some one and the person phoned the police and said he was doing it stupidly and dangerusly hes been charged just waiting for a court date

Mike
29-08-10, 03:49 PM
my mate is getting charged for over taking some one and the person phoned the police and said he was doing it stupidly and dangerusly hes been charged just waiting for a court date

I report all kinds of bad driving I see whilst out & about on my travels lol dread to think how many people have ended up with points & fines because of it lol lol

Timmy
29-08-10, 03:50 PM
drive a 4x4 and drive in to them

svlet
29-08-10, 03:52 PM
the point is he isent a fast driver or a bad one he over took on a straight clear road i aggree with the 4x4 comment

Rich
29-08-10, 03:57 PM
How can they do anything from someone reporting?? theres no proof

svlet
29-08-10, 04:02 PM
i know it wont stand up in court its just the fact its going to court in the first place its a wast of time its all becouse he was fighting with a boy and knocked him out the person he took over was the boys girlfriend but i cant beleave the polie have taken a reported incodent like that so far

Spudly
29-08-10, 04:05 PM
This seems to happen to me all the time of late, this is what caused the incident whereby ive had the feds at my door twice due to complaints over my driving manner and exhaust volume from a neighbouring councillor!!

What really really pisses me off completely is your dear old lady of bloke who folds in the mirrors to clear the garage door when putting the car away, then never ever bothers to fold them out whilst driving, why is it you can fail your test for not using them, so clearly they are a legally required necessity, yet its somehow not illegal for these dangerous idiots to clearly not be using them, as theyre bloody folded in, where is the logic in that?

Jack
29-08-10, 04:07 PM
I'd love to be a traffic cop. Bad road manners is up there with illegal number plates as my pet hates, so I'd soon get the local statistics up lol

svlet
29-08-10, 04:11 PM
i dont think being a traffic cop would be good for me i take disliking to old people and people who drive badly i get road rage when am not even in a car if i see some one getting cut up lol

Sloth
29-08-10, 04:13 PM
on another note, i parked next to a pink suzuki thing in asda. she had private plates on and little black dots on em altering the letters, so instead of B15 MOC it said B16 MOE. i did say to our lass, "if that was a young lad theyd be pulled in 10 seconds" when i came out of asda she was loading up the car, so i said to her, "hey do you know your plates are illegal?" she replied "my husbands a cop, he says their fine." so i said " no worries, when i tell the road traffic dept, they'll tell your husband hes a prick aswell as doing you." silly bitch. i hope they do her for 6 points and a bumming.

Sloth
29-08-10, 04:14 PM
also old people should be retested at 65. then every 5 years

Jack
29-08-10, 04:16 PM
"my husbands a cop, he says their fine."
Obviously not a traffic cop then lol

People don't realise though, another good reason for having legit plates is if the car gets TWOC'd, ANPR might not be able to read the plate so the police won't find it as easily.

svlet
29-08-10, 04:16 PM
also old people should be retested at 65. then every 5 years i totally aggree

mayhem
29-08-10, 04:18 PM
with my previous mk2 nova i loved those people.

i always crashed into them.

car gets declared wrecked, you can keep the car, and get the money it's worth (about 500 euro).
new headlight from the scrappy for a tenner, big hammer put the wing back into shape, and i made 490 euro profit.

did it 2 times in 4 months, easy money.

with my mk1 astra i dont do it, parts are way to rare.

Andy
29-08-10, 04:29 PM
I must be going soft as i feel a tad bad now for screaming "fukk off" at her at the top of my voice with a load of cars behind me.
What annoyed me the most was that she was oblivious to the fact i was even there,i always hover the brake pedal at junctions or when cars are moving in parking spaces etc because there are so many fukktards around its unreal.If it was my nova i dare say id have hit hit through not being able to stop,but thankfully my astra has awesome stopping power,however you can guarantee some damage has been caused to the traking etc through going up the kerb at 10-15 mph.Which i will have to pay for.Not fair at all!

Spudly
29-08-10, 04:31 PM
Its the law of sod mate, they always do it!

One of my old mates told me years ago, to watch the drivers around you and then to imagine the most stupid, idiotic, selfish or dangerous thing anyone could ever do when driving, then expect them to do it, treat everyone on the road with this caution and you should be about right lol

brainsnova
29-08-10, 04:38 PM
when peolpe pull out on me up without indicating sometimes i use the handbrake to get the skidding sound and turn slightly to get the back end out a bit in my van.

Andy
29-08-10, 04:39 PM
Its the law of sod mate, they always do it!

One of my old mates told me years ago, to watch the drivers around you and then to imagine the most stupid, idiotic, selfish or dangerous thing anyone could ever do when driving, then expect them to do it, treat everyone on the road with this caution and you should be about right lol
nah sods law would for me to get a section 5 £80fine for swearing in a public place!!:tard:

Spudly
29-08-10, 04:41 PM
Lmfao sounds about fecking right in all fairness mate, just hope the bint you moaned at aint a local councillor otherwise you will get the feds knocking on your door for you doing something supposedly wrong lol

Sloth
29-08-10, 04:45 PM
on another note, are you off to york tomorrow guys?

steviegsi
29-08-10, 05:13 PM
nah sods law would for me to get a section 5 £80fine for swearing in a public place!!:tard:

What is a section 5? Seen this mentioned a few times on here?

brainsnova
29-08-10, 05:16 PM
What is a section 5? Seen this mentioned a few times on here?

Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (c.64)
Threatening, abusive or insulting words or disorderly behaviour etc within hearing or sight of person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress

Spudly
29-08-10, 05:25 PM
Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 (c.64)
Threatening, abusive or insulting words or disorderly behaviour etc within hearing or sight of person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress

Laymans terms, 'swearing in public' lol

Andy
29-08-10, 05:26 PM
Laymans terms, 'swearing in public' lol
not always,pissing is section 5 aswell

Spudly
29-08-10, 05:31 PM
not always,pissing is section 5 aswell

Is it, cos ive been done for that and im 99% uncertain that it wasnt section 5 (and yes i do know i wrote uncertain, ive had a beer since then lol)

dj_wudgey
29-08-10, 05:32 PM
as stated it allways happens mate just a good job we have a nack at knowing there going to do it!! it doe's get me in to small man rage when it happens lol

Spudly
29-08-10, 05:35 PM
as stated it allways happens mate just a good job we have a nack at knowing there going to do it!! it doe's get me in to small man rage when it happens lol

And on that note mate, read the thread by Stoo entitled 'road rage' :eek:

dj_wudgey
29-08-10, 05:38 PM
yea i have matey when my youth is in my clio ill be on best behaviour!!! it is bad what happend there!!!

you sorted the nova yet spud??

Sloth
29-08-10, 05:56 PM
yea i have matey when my youth is in my clio ill be on best behaviour!!! it is bad what happend there!!!

you sorted the nova yet spud??
DONT BE SILLY...

craig green
29-08-10, 06:09 PM
I LOL @ people on the motorway with their mirrors folded in.. Blatantly not using them.

Or the idiots with the rear wiper wagging its tail on a hot summers day. err, rear view mirror??

dj_wudgey
30-08-10, 12:48 PM
DONT BE SILLY...

fpsml!!

Spudly
30-08-10, 04:04 PM
I LOL @ people on the motorway with their mirrors folded in.. Blatantly not using them.

Or the idiots with the rear wiper wagging its tail on a hot summers day. err, rear view mirror??

Exactly, blatantly not keeping an eye on whats going on around them so imo is that not driving without due care and attention to a degree?

brainsnova
30-08-10, 04:54 PM
i was driving in a 40mph road and a car pulls out futher down the road and as i got close very fast i relised he was doing 25mph and never speeded up and he was old.

Bubba
30-08-10, 05:24 PM
ive followed a Rover 25 doing 25-30 in a 60

i can understand 40-45 with them being old...but some times they really should get off the roads

gtachorley
30-08-10, 06:06 PM
Today I was at the lights and a super bike went past all traffic behind me and then starting revving up and edging over the line waiting for the lights to change, he had a kid on the back (7-8 years old) and I though what a dick but cute kid.

Lights go green and he gives it full pelt, the kid very nearly falls off and manages to catch hold of the rider and cling on, as I watch him he tans it down the road in front of me weaving in and out of cars going as quick as he can.

I dont normally get road rage but I wanted to smash his head in how can anyone be so stupid. If you need to impress your 7 year old by showing him how much of a dick you can be on a bike then you have issues, seriously "Think Bike" wtf!!

Rant over.

brainsnova
30-08-10, 09:12 PM
i seen at a crossroads a moped rider got cut up in slow traffic and he was too busy shouting at the car driver and never noticed the lights had changed to red and went through and almost got hit by a car from the other junction lol so i gave him the ****er signal as he drove past me and he wasnt happy.

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 01:59 PM
ive followed a Rover 25 doing 25-30 in a 60

i can understand 40-45 with them being old...but some times they really should get off the roads

this also pretty much touches my last nerve!!!

mowgli
31-08-10, 02:36 PM
Today I was at the lights and a super bike went past all traffic behind me and then starting revving up and edging over the line waiting for the lights to change, he had a kid on the back (7-8 years old) and I though what a dick but cute kid.

Lights go green and he gives it full pelt, the kid very nearly falls off and manages to catch hold of the rider and cling on, as I watch him he tans it down the road in front of me weaving in and out of cars going as quick as he can.

I dont normally get road rage but I wanted to smash his head in how can anyone be so stupid. If you need to impress your 7 year old by showing him how much of a dick you can be on a bike then you have issues, seriously "Think Bike" wtf!!

Rant over.

i had a bloke on a 750 undertake me as i headed straight on at a traffic light... he went up the left lane to do it.. anyway, about 1/2mile further on, he went into the left lane of a roundabout, so i went in the straight on lane and passed him before indicating for the exit & proceding on my way........half a mile later on, he was back alongside me yelling at me about my driving.....so i smiled at him. he rode off.

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 03:16 PM
i had a bloke on a 750 undertake me as i headed straight on at a traffic light... he went up the left lane to do it.. anyway, about 1/2mile further on, he went into the left lane of a roundabout, so i went in the straight on lane and passed him before indicating for the exit & proceding on my way........half a mile later on, he was back alongside me yelling at me about my driving.....so i smiled at him. he rode off.

i f*cking hate motor bikes and thier riders!! a few years back some tool came flying up the side off us in my mates fiesta and as the car infront off him hit the brakes for a round about he swerved infront off us!! making us swerve and nearly hit another car to our left!! after this my mate drove like a complete tool to catch up to him at the next set off lights!! my mate locked up trying to stop at the lights as we were going some where he proceeded to tell my pall how much off a dick he was!! we tried to follow him to where he was going but when he realised he just f*cked off!!

MK999
31-08-10, 04:17 PM
i f*cking hate motor bikes and thier riders!! a few years back some tool came flying up the side off us in my mates fiesta and as the car infront off him hit the brakes for a round about he swerved infront off us!! making us swerve and nearly hit another car to our left!! after this my mate drove like a complete tool to catch up to him at the next set off lights!! my mate locked up trying to stop at the lights as we were going some where he proceeded to tell my pall how much off a dick he was!! we tried to follow him to where he was going but when he realised he just f*cked off!!

So he made an evasive manoeuvre to avoid killing himself and you then proceeded to drive like a tool, presumably nearly hitting him as you locked up behind him and tried to chase him to shout abuse?

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 05:49 PM
wasnt me was my pall and if he was'nt riding like a nob head in the first place none off the above would have happend!!

Spudly
31-08-10, 06:17 PM
wasnt me was my pall and if he was'nt riding like a nob head in the first place none off the above would have happend!!

Bollox mate, i see shocking driving all the time and just let it go, if someone else pisses you off, it is not your place to tell them, however much youd like to do so just leave them be, i refer you back to that 'road rage' thread:eek:

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 06:27 PM
as i said mate it wasnt me chasing id most likely have given him the old yorkshire wave or a blast on the horn and thats as far as id have gone!! as i said though it wasnt me chasing it was my pall and he's the kind off person who wants trouble over the littlest off things!!

and i know it was bad what happend in that thread!! but im not the kind off person to go chasing some one down after being cut up!!

Spudly
31-08-10, 06:30 PM
Fair one mate, its just i always think of the things that have happened before, people have been chased down and beaten to death, stabbed and alsorts over road rage, so its safer to just expect everyone else to be a shockingly shoite driver and drive well away from them, this reduces the risk of road rage incidents to a degree imo!

dj_wudgey
31-08-10, 06:38 PM
i agree matey ill usually give them the two fingers or a bip on the horn but thats it!! i cba with getting my car smashed up or somthing off the sort by having a go at the wrong people i have a temper but i have sense two lol