PDA

View Full Version : Nova Shell prep

Dod
29-08-10, 08:42 AM
Ok, my spare shell is going to be welded up this week, its been stripped out and its ready to go. Any suggestions or recomendations on what I could/should do to it at this stage?

John
29-08-10, 09:03 AM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106190

Some good engine bay pics in here.

Dod
29-08-10, 09:57 AM
If I could, I'd rep you. Cheers mate!

XEjames
29-08-10, 05:27 PM
whats the shell going to be used for?

craig green
29-08-10, 05:54 PM
Any Nova will benefit from grp-A pates & stitch welding IMO.

It tightens up the whole handling experience.

MattBrown
29-08-10, 05:59 PM
Whats it for?

Can go to extreme dod.

Stitch or seam every single seam.

I would stitch the seams on the underside, where the chassis legs run under the floor aswell as the bay.

Gets rid of alot of flex.

craig green
29-08-10, 06:02 PM
IMO stitch the turrets to the chassis legs & inner wings, stitch the chassis legs to bulkhead in the the engine bay & under the fr wheelarches stitch the chassis legs to the bulkhead also.

The plating takes care of most of the rest incl additional tieing the crossmember to the chassis legs.

mk1nova_rich
29-08-10, 06:06 PM
as above, and then some people choose to do a bit of stitch welding and plating work around the rear beam mounts

Dod
29-08-10, 07:50 PM
Its going to be a Stage car, sort of a half rally half road car so I want it well spec'd as it will be in the Hills and Forestry a lot.

mk1nova_rich
29-08-10, 08:45 PM
Its going to be a Stage car, sort of a half rally half road car so I want it well spec'd as it will be in the Hills and Forestry a lot.

sounds similar to what im doing with mine, hopefully will be used for road rallying, marshalling and stage setting up on forest events, then hillclimbs

GDN16v
29-08-10, 08:57 PM
IMO stitch the turrets to the chassis legs & inner wings, stitch the chassis legs to bulkhead in the the engine bay & under the fr wheelarches stitch the chassis legs to the bulkhead also.

The plating takes care of most of the rest incl additional tieing the crossmember to the chassis legs.

:thumb: