PDA

View Full Version : Adrian flux.

MattBrown
27-08-10, 12:11 PM
Just spoken to them, regarding a quote for a 20xe nova.

Long story short, there underwriter is stopping working with them.

And from october 1st, you have to be 21 to have a declared engine conversion!

I feel even more illegal conversions are looming.:mad:

October 1st is the last day you can "Insure for 12 months" with them:(

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 12:18 PM
Good thing IMO. Insurance prices are getting stupid. Younger drivers binning their cars/running illegal mods etc are a reason for this. Also this crash for cash and uninsured drivers are not helping either.

I feel even more illegal conversions are looming
:roll:

wwmnw
27-08-10, 12:23 PM
WAT? So from October the 1st you have to be 21 to insure an car with an engine conversion? Amirite?

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 12:24 PM
It would appear so. However it would be interesting to see if its just AF's underwriter or a company wide thing.

MattBrown
27-08-10, 12:50 PM
It would appear so. However it would be interesting to see if its just AF's underwriter or a company wide thing.

Its there underwriter fella:thumb:

So yeah, she actually said to me, its a 2l nova, at 19, with a ban, your frikkin mentallol

And started laughing at me lol

Erm, so if your with flux, and dont renew before october, its your last policy year:(

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 12:54 PM
Well if its just the underwriter no biggy then, surely? HIC FTW!

wwmnw
27-08-10, 12:59 PM
I renew next month, but I'm 24 so **** their rules.

mowgli
27-08-10, 01:21 PM
matt, you probably set a big red flashing light off in their office when you ring them

Ferrit
27-08-10, 01:42 PM
call chris knott, saved me loads

Stuart
27-08-10, 01:48 PM
call chris knott, saved me loads

For the first year...... Just wait for the refistual lol. They got me in with a bargain price, and then come renewal tried to insert a pineapple into me lol.

There are only so many underwriters, so if one starts something the rest will probably follow.

Tbh there is little to no need to chuck big power/different engines into road cars with the way traffic etc is thesedays. And for track use it dosent matter as its not the road :)

Jack
27-08-10, 02:28 PM
Well if its just the underwriter no biggy then, surely? HIC FTW!
...who are owner by Flux, and no doubt use the same underwriters. Whoops.

No big deal tbh, in fact I think its a good thing. Anything forcing younger drivers to stick with smaller engined cars is surely good, as opposed to just preying on the ones with the biggest wallets. I stuck with a 1.2 til I was 22, didn't do me any harm.

Sloth
27-08-10, 02:34 PM
/\ agreed.

General Baxter
27-08-10, 02:52 PM
tbh i think we should adopt new zealands law over here :)

Sloth
27-08-10, 02:54 PM
which is?

General Baxter
27-08-10, 03:01 PM
****ing harsh lol

little nippers cant drive between 10pm and 5am lol

instant 28 day bay for doint 20mph over the speedlimit, effecting immediate ( walking home lol)

MattBrown
27-08-10, 03:18 PM
Good thing IMO. Insurance prices are getting stupid. Younger drivers binning their cars/running illegal mods etc are a reason for this. Also this crash for cash and uninsured drivers are not helping either.

:roll:

Not illegal conversions by me lol

I mean accross the uk.

General Baxter
27-08-10, 03:19 PM
up nurf then lol

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 03:38 PM
...who are owner by Flux, and no doubt use the same underwriters. Whoops.

No big deal tbh, in fact I think its a good thing. Anything forcing younger drivers to stick with smaller engined cars is surely good, as opposed to just preying on the ones with the biggest wallets. I stuck with a 1.2 til I was 22, didn't do me any harm.

I dont think they use the same underwriters despite being sister company. Anyway i am nearly 30 so cant see me struggling TBH!

Jack
27-08-10, 04:13 PM
They'll have a number of different underwriters I believe :)

****ing harsh lol

little nippers cant drive between 10pm and 5am lol

instant 28 day bay for doint 20mph over the speedlimit, effecting immediate ( walking home lol)
Great, force the noobs to drive during the day when everyone else is on the road so instead of flattening the odd badger or pruning a hedge, they mow down pedestrians and crumple other cars lol

Sloth
27-08-10, 04:18 PM
they just do9 what the aussies do, wait till 21 and buy a v8 commodore. use the 16-21 years to save up

craig green
27-08-10, 04:33 PM
..I hope FLUX go under as a result.

I was only thinking earlier (after some retard on a moped with a 'can' deafened me) that modifications should be restricted to over 25's, imagine how much more sensible the tuning industry would become?

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 04:40 PM
lol ^ here here.

Jack
27-08-10, 04:42 PM

I was only thinking earlier (after some retard on a moped with a 'can' deafened me) that modifications should be restricted to over 25's, imagine how much more sensible the tuning industry would become?
Ebay would die overnight... no more electric superchargers, no more 40bhp chips, no more EDVs lol

Pistol Pete
27-08-10, 04:44 PM
Ebay wouldnt die, it might go back to what it used to be!!! Hallelujah!

craig green
27-08-10, 05:15 PM
Ebay would die overnight... no more electric superchargers, no more 40bhp chips, no more EDVs lol

Sounds bliss! :)

dj_wudgey
27-08-10, 07:22 PM
I renew next month, but I'm 24 so **** their rules.

yea dont really apply to me either im 25 lol

burgo
27-08-10, 07:26 PM
25 FTW :d

Rich
27-08-10, 07:38 PM
Its just putting more illegal conversions and uninsured mods on the road, great!

If they wont let you pay them to do what you want, do it without paying

Andy
27-08-10, 07:42 PM
A sorry,lame effort to reduce "tuning y0"

dj_wudgey
27-08-10, 07:43 PM
^^ id have to agree!!

Benn
27-08-10, 07:44 PM
So yeah, she actually said to me, its a 2l nova, at 19, with a ban, your frikkin mentallol

And started laughing at me lol

Erm, so if your with flux, and dont renew before october, its your last policy year:(

lol what did you think they'd say?

So you've been banned? And want a 2lt engine convo at 19? Have you ever read what we've all posted about on this site for year over insurance?

At 19 i was still using my 1.3 for a reason! Cause it was cheap and simple.. Build up NCB and a year years of age and you'll be fine.

And a 19 year old in charge is a "high" powered car can and of most 100% will be dangerous.

Andy
27-08-10, 07:45 PM
He will learn one day,and thats not in an insultive way.

Rich
27-08-10, 07:49 PM
I insured a 2ltr nova at 19.. if i had to wait i would of probably just put it in anyway.

Not everyone is going to go bin it on the first corner or drive like a ****. Although it is mattbrown in question lol

Benn
27-08-10, 07:52 PM
Not everyone is going to go bin it on the first corner or drive like a ****.

No, but 99% of them are.. We all have mate who have and do drive like pricks..

Paul
27-08-10, 07:54 PM
No deffo not under 25, Id have to re-standerdise mine for 18months lol

Benn
27-08-10, 09:13 PM
You're 23? Man i feel old some times.

Paul
27-08-10, 09:18 PM

During the war... :p

Shaun
27-08-10, 09:20 PM
i'd have another 3 years :S

GDN16v
27-08-10, 09:20 PM

Cant be that bad!:p

Angus Closier
27-08-10, 09:45 PM
And a 19 year old in charge is a "high" powered car can and of most 100% will be dangerous.

You cant say that, Im sure there are plenty of 19 year olds who would put you and others to shame.
Yeh I know there are loads of idots etc but somone like me does not feel the need to drive like a tw*t.

I want to be able to be able to drive somthing a bit better than a 1.2 boggo nova.

Not just for the reason I want speed but due to not being able to trailer my car to a track.

Id want a good handling car but cant do it because I cant get insurance.

I will build up my no claims and get the car I want its just dull getting there. Untill then il put my hand deep into my pocket to pay people to get my car to the track.

Andy
27-08-10, 09:51 PM
i agree,round a track maybe they would.
But,her majesty's roads however,you cannot beat experience.End of.

Angus Closier
27-08-10, 09:53 PM
i agree,round a track maybe they would.
But,her majesty's roads however,you cannot beat experience.End of.

I dont agree.....I know plenty of idots who are 40 odd?? with 25 years driving and still cant get it??

Experience is a big part of it, but if you drive like a twit however experiance you are you will get caught out.

Southie
27-08-10, 10:04 PM
The rule should be from 30+ IMO lol

Benn
27-08-10, 10:05 PM
Sadly because of the prick and retards its pushed the price higher and higher. And we have to suffer for out passion and hobby. But its been the same for years, the price just get more each year.

That's way doing it right and keeping that small engine car and keeping your lic and stuff clean is the best way. Cause you'll reep the rewards at the end.

Jack
27-08-10, 11:34 PM
You should ask yourself why young driver insurance is more expensive.

Id want a good handling car but cant do it because I cant get insurance.
I have a fantastic handling car, no engine conversion on that one lol

Angus Closier
27-08-10, 11:59 PM
You should ask yourself why young driver insurance is more expensive.

I have a fantastic handling car, no engine conversion on that one lol

Still couldnt afford to insure it, lol lol

Rysee
28-08-10, 12:10 AM
It gets me when young people and old a like moan about the price of young peoples insurance. I pay 8x more then my Granddad hmm am I 8x more likely to crash... Yes I bloody am!

Lee
28-08-10, 12:52 AM
Its just putting more illegal conversions and uninsured mods on the road, great!

If they wont let you pay them to do what you want, do it without paying

I agree with you to an extent. If there are people out there who really want a modified car and are willing to pay whatever to do it by the book, if you take away that option, it will only encourage more people to not bother, therefore more uninsured will be on the road, and the premiums will continue to rise. OOOO I wonder if thats the plan all along :roll:

It will only get worse until these companies try to change the statistics using proper strategies like improved driver training and harsher penalties for being uninsured, instead of money making strategies like shutting the door in everyones face and making it easier for the dodgy types to make the decision to drive illegally

It gets me when young people and old a like moan about the price of young peoples insurance. I pay 8x more then my Granddad hmm am I 8x more likely to crash... Yes I bloody am!

That depends on how old your grandad is. No disrespect, but there are some elderly people out there who just shouldnt be allowed behind the wheel anymore, and they will be paying the smallest insurance premiums. Only today i watched an old lady ram her micra into a load of trollies at tescos, and then proceeded to drive on the wrong side of the road as she pulled out of the carpark because she couldn't steer fast enough.

Rysee
28-08-10, 06:57 AM
I agree Lee, I had an elderly women yesterday nearly roll into me at traffic lights as she couldn't hill start

My Granddad is 67 today and still drives a lorry when they need him as he's retired. He got pulled over for the first time in his life last winter for not defrosting his rear screen haha. His defence was to patronise the officer "I've been a lorry driver for 37 years son, I know how to use my mirrors." and got let off haha

burgo
28-08-10, 01:12 PM
i find adrian flux or rather chaucer extremely good :d

MattBrown
28-08-10, 01:25 PM
lol what did you think they'd say?

So you've been banned? And want a 2lt engine convo at 19? Have you ever read what we've all posted about on this site for year over insurance?

At 19 i was still using my 1.3 for a reason! Cause it was cheap and simple.. Build up NCB and a year years of age and you'll be fine.

£260 a month was the quote, but I would have to take out the policy before october.

Im not assed, I would pay it no problems.

On the subject of a legal age to mod a car.

Funny how the older ones, are the ones saying you should have to be over 25 to do this.

So when you were 17 till 25, you had bog standard cars?

Or was it ok to do it? Because your generation are a better one?

Or is it the simple facts, you dont want to pay, for the damage you have caused, and we continue to cause?

Why is modified insurance more?

Becuase my friend in uni, studying to be a doctor, with a 1.2 clio, standard, is alot less likely to drive like a cnut than one of us is a xe, or turbo nova.

Its not all my generations fault, otherwise insurance would have been still dirt cheap untill afew years ago, then shot up, which its hasnt, its been increasing since the late 70s.

Alex J
28-08-10, 01:28 PM
i find adrian flux or rather chaucer extremely good :dagree, ive been with them since i passed my test! cheap as chips for me:d

SR-Rally
28-08-10, 01:36 PM

that would be very unfair on alot of people. it would mean i wouldn't be able to insure my nova therefor not be able to do rallys :S

Benn
28-08-10, 01:48 PM
£260 a month was the quote, but I would have to take out the policy before october.

Im not assed, I would pay it no problems.

On the subject of a legal age to mod a car.

Funny how the older ones, are the ones saying you should have to be over 25 to do this.

Or is it the simple facts, you dont want to pay, for the damage you have caused, and we continue to cause?

Why is modified insurance more?

Becuase my friend in uni, studying to be a doctor, with a 1.2 clio, standard, is alot less likely to drive like a cnut than one of us is a xe, or turbo nova.

Its not all my generations fault, otherwise insurance would have been still dirt cheap untill afew years ago, then shot up, which its hasnt, its been increasing since the late 70s.

Never said it was "your generations" fault. Non did i saw you have to drive a standard car till your over 25. I had wheels and lowered mine was i was 19, and i paid to do so as it jacked my price up. We all on here suffer for the people that do funk up the system, by either driving like a prick or not declaring mods to their cars and such, we always will. Its been going on for years and it will keep going on. Just now its getting worse, i have no clue why having a modded car costs more.
Well it might be that alot of them have undeclared mods, or cause some kid and his mate think they can fit a 300brake engine in to their 1.2 Nova and drive it hard all the time.. But have no clue and haven't upgraded the brakes so come the first bend at 90 then are thru the fence and on fire in a field.. Which looks bad on us who have built a car right and pay our way. But to the insurance company eyes that's now every person that wants to mod a car...

£260 a month? That's over 3k a year dude... You'd really pay that just to drive a xe Nova? I'd rather save the 3k and build something awesome with it while driving a much less turned car...

wwmnw
28-08-10, 01:50 PM
I've just got off the phone with them, for my 1.2 they want £337 all mods declared (brakes and suspension, alot of mods lol) TPFT and I got a quote for the fun of it on my SR all mods declared (Engine change + all engine mods, suspension, brakes, wheels, alarm, valued at £2000, probably more than its worth but that's about how much I've put into it so far) £500 TPFT, although I don't think I'll be going with TPFT on my SR considering how much I'll have put into it by the time its done.

burgo
28-08-10, 01:52 PM
I've just got off the phone with them, for my 1.2 they want £337 all mods declared (brakes and suspension, alot of mods lol) TPFT and I got a quote for the fun of it on my SR all mods declared (Engine change + all engine mods, suspension, brakes, wheels, alarm, valued at £2000, probably more than its worth but that's about how much I've put into it so far) £500 TPFT, although I don't think I'll be going with TPFT on my SR considering how much I'll have put into it by the time its done.why did you go for tpft? for me nine times out of ten fully comp is cheaper

wwmnw
28-08-10, 01:53 PM
why did you go for tpft? for me nine times out of ten fully comp is cheaper

For which one? My current one or the SR?

GDN16v
28-08-10, 03:05 PM
Modified policy on my vectra gsi is cheaper than a standard policy on a standard vectra gsilol

craig green
28-08-10, 03:34 PM

This isnt aimed at you, or anyone in particular but since you asked..

IMO modifying cars isnt a new thing by any means, but 20 years ago it was probably a Goodmans stereo, some stickers & some weller wheels, now its the loudest exhaust posible, cut springs on the bump stops, blue headlamp bulbs & chicken wire mesh.

And yeah I had pretty boggo std cars until I was 21 or so. My 1st mods to my GSi was some 15's, 16v brakes etc.

Nowadays it seems youngsters just want attention for themselves, by making as much noise as possible or doing daft things like carrying beer kegs on roof racks or creating ratlook monstrosities.

You arent all the same & I'm sure PNG has some pretty well guided young drivers, but the bulk of tvvats blasting past my house off the limiter in their Civics & Beemers with massive exhausts are sub 25 I'm guessing.

General Baxter
28-08-10, 03:48 PM
or 19 year old in corsa vxr derv, look a likes, trying to keep up with you lol

SR-Rally
28-08-10, 03:50 PM
It's case of few spoiling it for the mainy :( or I guess maybe the many spoillibg it for the few :confused:

MattBrown
28-08-10, 03:56 PM
This isnt aimed at you, or anyone in particular but since you asked..

IMO modifying cars isnt a new thing by any means, but 20 years ago it was probably a Goodmans stereo, some stickers & some weller wheels, now its the loudest exhaust posible, cut springs on the bump stops, blue headlamp bulbs & chicken wire mesh.

And yeah I had pretty boggo std cars until I was 21 or so. My 1st mods to my GSi was some 15's, 16v brakes etc.

Nowadays it seems youngsters just want attention for themselves, by making as much noise as possible or doing daft things like carrying beer kegs on roof racks or creating ratlook monstrosities.

You arent all the same & I'm sure PNG has some pretty well guided young drivers, but the bulk of tvvats blasting past my house off the limiter in their Civics & Beemers with massive exhausts are sub 25 I'm guessing.

When I was 17, I dropped it 60mm on billies, put 16v brakes, a subtle 2" backbox, and swapped the front end for mk2 stuff.

Then ran like this till I got banned.

Its odd though.

As there are several members on here who are 25+ running undeclared engines, or have ran undeclared.

A Lad round here is over 30 and undeclared.

Tbh, round here, we have a b16b engines 1.4 civic, a 1400 in a 1200 corsa.

v6 astra estate, c20xe nova, several xe corsas, and a let astra.

None of those are declared.

"However, I can only see undeclaring stuff as bringing prices down?

As If someone doesnt declare a c20let, smashes through a wall, and then has to pay for the wall themselves, then this saves the insurance the £x for the wall?

General Baxter
28-08-10, 04:04 PM
matt, just get the reg's and take them to the police station

Edd
28-08-10, 04:11 PM
Too many youngster want it all now, LET's XE's etc, what's wrong with waiting a few years to gain experience ffs ?

The premiums are high for a reason, young inexperienced drivers crash and mainly drive in a out of control manner 99% of the time.

moffat
28-08-10, 04:16 PM
im more than happy to run about in my 1.2 to build up driving experiance and ncb since i crashed my first car 1.2, gsi kit, lowered, alloys my insurance has rocketed

got a quote for a 1.2 for 3000 ftft, but ill have to pay that to start bulding up my ncb

Pistol Pete
28-08-10, 04:55 PM

As If someone doesnt declare a c20let, smashes through a wall, and then has to pay for the wall themselves, then this saves the insurance the £x for the wall?

Are you kidding me??

It pushes prices up as when said numpty smashes into someone, the insurance company finds out they have undeclared mods, therefore they have to cover it somehow.

And also how many ads for "had an accident, not your fault..." do you see. Said chav then thinks "yeah man extra money" and claims. Another cost to be picked up by us. Err yeah, thanks!

General Baxter
28-08-10, 05:00 PM
what you have to remember, brown lives in space and has no idea on the real world lol

Rysee
28-08-10, 05:31 PM
I personally don'5 think you should be able to insure anything bigger then a N/A 1.4 untill you have had a clean licence for 2yrs.

Thursday night 1am my girlfriend who has 3yrs NCB and a 1.1 Ka left the road backwards and put it through a hedge into a front garden, thankfully she is just bruised and very shaken but it goes to show inexperience still. An animal ran into the road, she swerved, hit a wall and as she hit the wall striaght off the accelerator slammed on the breaks and spun it. She wasn't speeding and everything was legal and her life at the end of the day could have been ended.
That's not a young person driving a modified motor i.e 2.0 16v up front who debatably could have been going faster in a 80s tin can.

People need to learn to wait

GDN16v
28-08-10, 05:57 PM
Are you kidding me??

It pushes prices up as when said numpty smashes into someone, the insurance company finds out they have undeclared mods, therefore they have to cover it somehow.

And also how many ads for "had an accident, not your fault..." do you see. Said chav then thinks "yeah man extra money" and claims. Another cost to be picked up by us. Err yeah, thanks!
:thumb: Spot on! Numpty's causing the premiums to rise by NOT declaring the mods and having accidents is the problem!:mad:

phazer
28-08-10, 06:32 PM

lol The traffic laws in this country require your insurance company provide third party cover even if you were driving otherwise entirely illegally. So it does make a difference as the insurance co. still has to pay out and illegal drivers are more likely to do something stupid/have an accident etc so the chances of them paying out are higher (and for a a larger amount).

F- must try harder.

Benn
28-08-10, 06:48 PM
When I was 17, I dropped it 60mm on billies, put 16v brakes, a subtle 2" backbox, and swapped the front end for mk2 stuff.

Then ran like this till I got banned.

Its odd though.

As there are several members on here who are 25+ running undeclared engines, or have ran undeclared.

A Lad round here is over 30 and undeclared.

Tbh, round here, we have a b16b engines 1.4 civic, a 1400 in a 1200 corsa.

v6 astra estate, c20xe nova, several xe corsas, and a let astra.

None of those are declared.

Matt, where your mods declared? (i dont mean to be rude)

What was your ban over?

Prob is, its not them say crashing thru a wall, its them hitting some one else.
That person then cant claim against them as their insurance will be void. Which means they have to claim on their own, which pushes their and every ones price up. As thu the year they will look at the amount of claims made cause the other person wasn't insured and the amount of people that have had their insurance voided cause of a un declared car..

This pushes prices up, all thru the range of ages. But alot of younger people car afford that higher price so go down the declared route.. And the cycle carries on..

Does this make sence? Its not just younger peeps that cause the prob.. Its them that suffer more cause of it.

MattBrown
28-08-10, 07:16 PM
Matt, where your mods declared? (i dont mean to be rude)

What was your ban over?

Prob is, its not them say crashing thru a wall, its them hitting some one else.
That person then cant claim against them as their insurance will be void. Which means they have to claim on their own, which pushes their and every ones price up. As thu the year they will look at the amount of claims made cause the other person wasn't insured and the amount of people that have had their insurance voided cause of a un declared car..

This pushes prices up, all thru the range of ages. But alot of younger people car afford that higher price so go down the declared route.. And the cycle carries on..

Does this make sence? Its not just younger peeps that cause the prob.. Its them that suffer more cause of it.

Right, I get it now.

I got banned for racing someone apparently, but I'm not starting a debate on was I / wasn't I!

It's personal choice.

A mate of mine, has a nurburgring, at 20, and another lad has a mk4 GSI turbo and he is 18.

If you gots the money (I don't really) then go for it.

GDN16v
28-08-10, 07:20 PM
A mate of mine, has a nurburgring, at 20, and another lad has a mk4 GSI turbo and he is 18.

Thats not the same as having a car with undeclared mods on! Thats buying a standard fast car fom the manufacturer and driving it by paying over the top for insurance!:confused:

moffat
28-08-10, 07:23 PM
Thats not the same as having a car with undeclared mods on! Thats buying a standard fast car fom the manufacturer and driving it by paying over the top for insurance!:confused:

+1

MattBrown
28-08-10, 07:25 PM

One of them is modded;)

Also, were on about expensive insurance, and about driving a slower car to learn to drive.

GDN16v
28-08-10, 07:28 PM
One of them is modded;)

Also, were on about expensive insurance, and about driving a slower car to learn to drive.

Astra GSI modded?

btw the past 2 pages are on about undeclared mods;)

Benn
28-08-10, 10:04 PM
Right, I get it now.

I'm glad, it gets a little hard to explane.

Good for them, buy i wouldn't wanna be in credit for a car. Once your in that, paying mega for insurance isn't a factor really.

Sadly no matter what age you are, insurance can be a costly matter.
I had to pay more this year, for what i wanted than the year before and one before that, which pissed me off.

Rysee
28-08-10, 10:11 PM
I'd put increase in premiums partly down to the winter and the amount of smashes. Every day I saw a car with some form of damage during the snow

burgo
28-08-10, 10:15 PM
i love winter, gets so many plebs who dont have a clue off the road

Rysee
28-08-10, 10:17 PM
... and into a ditch lol

Lee
28-08-10, 11:19 PM

Yeah, that was kind of my point.

if you want to spend the money at 18 insuring a LET nova for 3 grand, good on you. The point being is what happens when said 18 yesr old can no longer insure the car because the insurance companies shut the door. Said 18 year old who would have spent the money anyway may well not bother declaring the mods, therefore its a paradox, and a stupid one at that.

General Baxter
28-08-10, 11:27 PM
i paid just under £5k for insurance when i was 18 lol

Mike
28-08-10, 11:31 PM
The newest trick is putting 1800 twin cam motors into Rover 25's/200's. Plenty of them round my way.

Rysee
28-08-10, 11:34 PM
The newest trick is putting 1800 twin cam motors into Rover 25's/200's. Plenty of them round my way.

Because they looks practically the same as the 1400?

Sloth
28-08-10, 11:40 PM
same as metro gti's, they run a 1400 k series, whang an 1800 in for uber sleeper.

Benn
29-08-10, 09:59 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I must have been smart when i did mine, found a place that did 6months at £360 then the year was at a discounted price of 800iirc.

Alex J
29-08-10, 10:12 AM
i paid just under £5k for insurance when i was 18 lolthat makes my 2.7k for a crappy xr3 as a first car seem like nothinglol

GDN16v
29-08-10, 11:01 AM

HOLY COW :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats alot, what was that on?

burgo
29-08-10, 12:58 PM
HOLY COW :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Thats alot, what was that on?

this

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/viewfeaturecar.php?ref=2093

im sure he had 45's on it as well though :confused:

General Baxter
29-08-10, 12:59 PM
im sure he had 45's on it as well though :confused:

indeedy they lasted approx 2 weeks, fuel was stupid lol

burgo
29-08-10, 01:17 PM
couldnt afford the ridiculous fuel and insurance then lol

Jack
29-08-10, 05:14 PM
Power wise, yep.

Never heard of the Uninsured Drivers Compensation Fund then.