PDA

View Full Version : Crash For Cash (BBC iPlayer)

Pete
26-08-10, 02:03 PM
Watchin this in the hospital the other day, its about an orginised group of gang members who pay people to smash expensive cars and if your the unfortunate(sp?) driver then they make out as if you at fault and claim on your insurence.... some total ****s on the road, i thought it was a good watch but some may differ but hay ho...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tl3lm/Cars_Cops_and_Criminals_Crash_for_Cash/

Jack
26-08-10, 03:36 PM
IIRC there was a bit on the news about this kinda thing a while back. Some officey types noticed that a roundabout outside their establishment kept having car crashes on it; eventually they realised the guy getting driven into each time appeared to be the same bloke, but in different cars.

They got in touch with the police, filmed a few of the incidents as evidence, then the fuzz hid there for the next time the guy crashed and sprung him :d

Pete
26-08-10, 07:13 PM
IIRC there was a bit on the news about this kinda thing a while back. Some officey types noticed that a roundabout outside their establishment kept having car crashes on it; eventually they realised the guy getting driven into each time appeared to be the same bloke, but in different cars.

They got in touch with the police, filmed a few of the incidents as evidence, then the fuzz hid there for the next time the guy crashed and sprung him :d

Yeah your right jack, on the link i posted its got that bit on there, a women in an office who took pictures of the crashes, and some audi iirc was in a crash twice in the same day, and a merc crashed and only had a little bump, but when the insurence company got hold of it, it had a big impact on the rear and was a total write off.

General Baxter
26-08-10, 07:24 PM
iv had two crashes this year, none my fault, iv never claimed i was going to for the astra, but i had no loss of earnings, as was on holiday, bit of pain, but nothing i could live with

so no claim

dj_wudgey
26-08-10, 07:28 PM
ive seen this programe some tools around these days arent there!!