PDA

View Full Version : dvla

Alex J
24-08-10, 07:10 PM
ok, this has probley been asked 100 times, but, can i go into my local dvla office, with a tax disc, logbook, etc to declare an engine change, will they do it on the spot etc??

General Baxter
24-08-10, 07:40 PM
they will take the log book off you and re tax it there, then 1month to 3 years later you will get your new log book lol

Plug
24-08-10, 07:45 PM
you will still need to take proof with you from a garage on headed paper (or make your own :thumb:)

Alex J
24-08-10, 07:49 PM
you will still need to take proof with you from a garage on headed paper (or make your own :thumb:)what do you mean by proof? :confused:

John
24-08-10, 07:50 PM
what do you mean by proof? :confused:

The dvla will ask for some sort of engineers report.

General Baxter
24-08-10, 07:52 PM
yep they need the engine numbers and report saying its been fitted correct and not bluetac'd in lol

Paul
24-08-10, 07:54 PM
Never ever been asked for proof, done it probably 5 times.

Alex J
24-08-10, 08:00 PM
Never ever been asked for proof, done it probably 5 times.did you go up there to the dvla, or send it of andy??lol

Benn
24-08-10, 08:05 PM
Never ever been asked for proof, done it probably 5 times.

Its a new thing, i've never had a prob either. But a guy on Mig has been asked for proof of loads.

Alex J
24-08-10, 08:15 PM
Its a new thing, i've never had a prob either. But a guy on Mig has been asked for proof of loads.sounds fun, if its to much hassle, ill just leave it as a track car, everything is such a pain these days :mad: , thanks for advice guys:thumb:

Paul
24-08-10, 08:53 PM
Go up to Chelmsford Merris.

Benn
24-08-10, 09:04 PM
This is what he was asked for, but it might not be what you are asked for...

To update our records with the change of details i must provide evidence from one of the list below,

* A receipt of purchase on headed paper from a garage comfirming the engine number, size & fuel type.

*An inspection report from aa, rac etc etc

* written confirmation from the manufacturer showing the engine number & size.

Jack
24-08-10, 11:53 PM
They are supposed to ask for proof if you go up a tax bracket. Going down, any size change requires proof.

As to whether or not they actually ask for it is another matter.

I did my last change in person and had no problem. I did however have a short letter from my MOT man stating engine number xyz had been fitted to car abc and was completed to a satisfactory standard etc. They asked for this.

brainsnova
25-08-10, 12:38 AM
on my vespa i filled out the new engine number and posted it then i got it back with the new numbers/ no questions asked lol

discoinferno
25-08-10, 07:47 PM
when i did mine i was asked for proof , so i went to a mates garage he wrote me out a short letter stating the novas reg the new engine number size etc and the reg of the car it came out off, 4 weeks later i got the logbook back with new engine size and engine number :)