PDA

View Full Version : Suspension, Exhausts, Mats and more

1chiz
24-08-10, 04:58 PM
Hi all,

I am currently tiddying up my 1.3sr (1988) and would like some thoughts/imput on what bits to get.

Firstly i am after lowering the car by about 40mm, what set up is best? I don't know if i should go down the damper route or coilovers? What do people think, also which make is best in peoples opinion?

Secondly exhausts, i would ideally like something not too in yer face, i was thinking about a 2" tail pipe. 3" is bigger than i'd like really. I am considering a sport one although the cars blue so i don't know if a red exhaust would work, I could possibly re-paint the rear pipe black or silver, anyone heard or seen this done?

Now interior mats, i had a black 1.4sr years ago and i had a set of original tailored vauxhall mats with the vauxhall logo stitched in. Can you still get these, if so in grey not black? If not where does good mats and do people prefer the upholstered or rubber mats?

As i've started i might as well go on, i want an electric aerial although through searching around i can't find a nova specific one. I have found mk1 astra versions would they fit? I remember refitting a normal one to my old 1.4 and the access/room inside the wing was very limited.

Also i need to repair/replace my drivers side bolster on my burberry check interior (wierd bolster fabric) does anyone know anyone near the peak distrci who does this or even the name model number of the fabric (bolster only) to give me a starting place to do some more research.

Lastly (for now) whats peoples thoughts on stickers? My car has the original dealer sticker in the back window which matches the number plates, the problem i have is its showing its age a bit with the edges /corners a bit worn/cracking should i remove it?

Will be posting pictures eventually when my posting level allows!

moffat
24-08-10, 05:28 PM
40mm would be ideal, go for a suspension kit rather that coilovers say spax,koni etc

maybe a magnex exhaust system,

corsa tailored floor mats with the red vauxhall lettering up the side are grey iirc? could be wrong tho..
or tailored nova rubber mats would be ideal

dealer stickers are cool, could remove and maybe get remade

and lastly not to sure on bolster repairs

cheers

7ova
24-08-10, 05:32 PM
hi mate
the mats it sounds like your talking about are corsa b mats,
grey carpet with vauxhall in red down the side.
the original nova were fitted rubber mats.

have you got grey or brown checked seats?

get some photo's up of your SR mate
cheers stu

1chiz
24-08-10, 05:46 PM
Hi stu,

The guy at vauxhall sold me the mats at the time he said they were for the nova but sounds like you know what your talking about, cheers.

The centre burberry panels are greyish (with black and red stripes in the check) but the bolsters are more of a brown colour. Does that help? I didn't realise there were two types.

Pictures will follow as soon as i can post them. (not that many posts to go now!)

Can you still buy the corsa b mats/original rubber mats new? If so where from and how much?

7ova
24-08-10, 10:02 PM
these on ebay look like the ones

buy it now £15
item number- 150468028983
sellar- go-go-goods
http://my.frooition.com/080293/images/Corsa%20SXi%20(55).JPG

7ova
24-08-10, 10:09 PM
or there is a brand new set allso on ebay but no photo
from a vauxhall dealer

seller- lookersvauxhallchevroletsaab
item number- 280552715322

buy it now £32.49

they sound like the same ones?
hope this helps stu

1chiz
25-08-10, 02:17 AM
:thumb: Good effort stu! I had noticed the £32.49 ones but had missed the others. I'm gonna email the guy and try and get some photos. Cheers for the help

1chiz
25-08-10, 02:21 AM
In reply to moffat: 40mm would be ideal, go for a suspension kit rather that coilovers say spax,koni etc

I found some spax psx, do you know these? what to you recon to them?

Cheers for the advice

moffat
25-08-10, 04:17 PM
yeah they would be perfect for what your after bud

1chiz
25-08-10, 05:46 PM
Hi again moffat, I didn't realise there were so many types for the nova, should i go 35mm all round or 35mm rear and 60mm front as the front gap is obviously much bigger? I was worried the bigger front drop might make the car look 'jacked up' hotrod style.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

moffat
25-08-10, 05:48 PM
well my last nova was 60mm all round on koni ajustables and was suberb, my corsa was the same again pretty good but was on a jamex kit and the ride quality was pretty poor tbh

im no running front coilovers and rear fixed 60mm set up but think im going back to a koni 60mm set up, so id say 60mm all round fella

hopes this helps, cheers craig

moffat
25-08-10, 05:51 PM
heres a pic on 60mm on 15s mate, hopes this helps

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/moffat_photos/DSC00612.jpg