PDA

View Full Version : Need help with choice of engines

billham
23-08-10, 08:45 PM
Hey guys can people recomend me best engine to fit in my nova shell i have just bought, be picking up on saturday. Before people say fit 2.0xe into it don't want that one as don't want to spend loads money on doing conversion, as hopeing do it on cheap.

I don't want stupidly fast nova as got my 560bhp 550lbft 200sx s13 for that, as just want abit b-roads blasting fun ect. I was thinking about the c16xe out corsa gsi, or may be 1.4 16v sport engines out corsa or 2.0 8v.

Which would be best for porformance and be nice and revy if get what i mean. Are the 1.4 sport engines any good.

Thanks Paul.

Paul
23-08-10, 08:49 PM
You can do an XE for under £500 mate...

billham
23-08-10, 08:51 PM
Well could be tempting then, just that most xe are around £300 mark, the fitting kits i've seen from lmf think thats there name lol, is like £365 so alreadly nearly 700 there. Thats what was putting me off.

taffnova
23-08-10, 08:53 PM
e16 se on carbs good fun no messing around straight fit in

craig green
23-08-10, 08:56 PM
A 16v of some sort makes the most sense IMO.
As said a 2.0 can be done cheap, its not the mid 90's any more. They dont fetch a grand for an engien & box any more.

The 1.6 16vers are surprisingly good when fitted with a powerbox inlet, dont forget a 1400 16v for cheap road tax!!. Depending what base car you have you will need to budget in all the uprated parts. (susp, brakes, seats, fuelling etc)

Paul
23-08-10, 08:57 PM
No, you need a fitting kit from parts for sale section for £150 with driveshafts

valvers.com sell mounts and on ebay £40

driveshafts, you can use the big block shafts £80 pair? secind hand big block CV joints £5 each
Get some the nova knuckle machined to take big block hub £50 with new bearing

or use 22 spline driveshafts with cav mk2 1.6 inner CVs £120 pair built up

Engine is £200-350

Exhaust is easy to do, just get a local place to mate the manifold up to the system i pay £30 for that

conversion is easy, as is wiring, seeing what other toy you have, i guess your quite handy with a spanner so imagine youd be able to do it yourself?

If you cant weld, got a mate who can, or get a welder to do the stich welding?

The power and torque is quality to be fair, always there! and you can kick an XEs teeth in 24/7!

billham
23-08-10, 09:14 PM
Cheers for all the advice guys, to be honest i don't really know what car got on it already as it did have a let engine in it, so the engine bay and inside of the car all been seam welded.

I do know it has the 2.0 discs and calipers on it but not sure about drive shafts, so will get pic of it when i get the car post it on here, so people car tell me.

Yer i'm not bad with a spanner so will do it my self with help from mates, i'll prob will end up doing 2.0 xe conversion lol.