PDA

View Full Version : carrying on from bazils thread

bmw156
23-08-10, 05:27 PM
hey guys, i was thinking (it took alot)

does anyone think there is a market for buying shells, drilling all the panels off and then selling them as good panels etc

for example, bazil just cut out the inner wing which is mint and NLS at vauxhall i would guess.

seeing as shells go for peanuts lol.

GDN16v
23-08-10, 05:30 PM
hey guys, i was thinking (it took alot)

does anyone think there is a market for buying shells, drilling all the panels off and then selling them as good panels etc

for example, bazil just cut out the inner wing which is mint and NLS at vauxhall i would guess.

seeing as shells go for peanuts lol.

Yes, to the right person, but they would have to be mint and taken of with care!:thumb:

bmw156
23-08-10, 05:31 PM
yeh of course lol,

the target audience i guess would be the concourse boys and crash repair people.

Lee
23-08-10, 05:32 PM
Depends how much the shell costs and how long it takes you to remove the panels and prep them for sale in relation to the money you get back for the panels.

IE if you buy a shell for 200 quid, spend two days removing the bits and prepping them, and you only get back 500 quid, then IMO no, its not worth it.

Iain
23-08-10, 05:33 PM
You see loads of posts by people wishing they could buy rear chassis legs etc. Do what Count Vaux Alot did, blast them and make them look new again and I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem shifting panels.

bmw156
23-08-10, 05:35 PM
Depends how much the shell costs and how long it takes you to remove the panels and prep them for sale in relation to the money you get back for the panels.

IE if you buy a shell for 200 quid, spend two days removing the bits and prepping them, and you only get back 500 quid, then IMO no, its not worth it.
see 300 notes for 2 1/2 days work i would say is good (half day for picking the shell up)

lol

and iainel, thats a good idea buddy :D

might just buy a shell and see how it goes lol

peester
23-08-10, 05:35 PM

so thats £150 per day? pretty good innit?

a job on the side, we rekon then..

L33 LEG
23-08-10, 05:36 PM
Doubt there would be much of a market. If you had a shell and somebody wanted something then ye, but i wouldnt buy a shell JUST for those panels.

bazil
23-08-10, 05:37 PM
as said its only weirdos like me that do this stuff lol

a shell that is gubbed at the rear but has a good front end could be cut in half and the front end sold as spare panals,

Jack
23-08-10, 05:39 PM
if the shell was in that good condition, surely it would be worth more as a whole car?

bmw156
23-08-10, 05:43 PM
if the shell was in that good condition, surely it would be worth more as a whole car?

i hear what your saying, but often i see shells for sale with out any parts etc, which look in good condition

bazil
23-08-10, 05:45 PM

yip, its only worth removing panels if there is other damage on the shell or really bad rot in another area, my shell has no log book as it was scrapped as a mot failure on mechanical stuff

bazil
23-08-10, 05:46 PM
i hear what your saying, but often i see shells for sale with out any parts etc, which look in good condition

the best bet there would be to repair the shell and sell it in primer with a log book for a good price,

Sloth
23-08-10, 05:49 PM
non sunroof roof panels?

bazil
23-08-10, 05:53 PM
non sunroof roof panels?

hmmmmmmmmm ive got a roof lol

roofs are difficult to remove without damage, the only decent way to do it is to cut all the posts and reweld at the same point but id NEVER do that on a road car after seeing what happens to one when it rolls, the result was 2 dead freinds, the posts gave no support and the roof folded in and crushed them.

if a roll cage is fitted then i suppose it could be done

Edd
23-08-10, 05:53 PM
if there mint the only panels that it would be worth doing it for imo would be the front inner wings like in Bazil's thread and rear chassis legs as the others can still be found new.

Sloth
23-08-10, 05:55 PM
bazil, look around the edge, its spot welded on in the gutters.... its like a door skin....

Edd
23-08-10, 05:56 PM
bazil, look around the edge, its spot welded on in the gutters.... its like a door skin....

its kind of spot crimped welded tho, nightmare of a job i would think

Lee
23-08-10, 06:08 PM
so thats £150 per day? pretty good innit?

a job on the side, we rekon then..

To be honest i'm probably just being greedy lol. Ive been a bit spoilt in the past with my work, and i would'nt have got out of bed for less than 200quid a day a while back, and thats work thats not particularly messy.

I suppose if you take into account all the other stuff that would be sellable if you bought a whole car, it may well be a viable venture :)

Sloth
23-08-10, 06:10 PM
/nips off to buy machinemarts spot weld bit supply and goes to find spuds nova.../

peester
23-08-10, 06:14 PM
Ive been a bit spoilt in the past with my work, and i would'nt have got out of bed for less than 200quid a day a while back

ah so a return to novas/trackday cars/bottlethroddy is imminent..?

whats a NX5?

sry off topic lol

bmw156
23-08-10, 06:15 PM
lol, just ordered 200 spot weld bits on ebay

i think its a goer!

Lee
23-08-10, 06:17 PM
ah so a return to novas/trackday cars/bottlethroddy is imminent..?

whats a NX5?

sry off topic lol

Its imminent if I start making more money than the bare minimum I need to live on :( Goddam recession.

Makes me think Martins idea is even more of a good one the more I think about it tbh lol

bmw156
23-08-10, 06:23 PM
Its imminent if I start making more money than the bare minimum I need to live on :( Goddam recession.

Makes me think Martins idea is even more of a good one the more I think about it tbh lol

flol.
go for it :)

Edd
23-08-10, 06:24 PM
couldnt someone take the inner wings to somewhere that presses metal, if theres suck a thing, and get some made ?

bazil
23-08-10, 06:30 PM
I looked at that edd, but didn't follow it up, there was even a member offere a pair of new inner wings as a pair for getting the form shape, that klokkerholm company may do it but would need to be a big order and it's gony cost IMO that why I got the drill out,

Edd
23-08-10, 06:32 PM
I looked at that edd, but didn't follow it up, there was even a member offere a pair of new inner wings as a pair for getting the form shape, that klokkerholm company may do it but would need to be a big order and it's gony cost IMO that why I got the drill out,

surely theres a place in the UK that would do it ?

maybe worth asking that company if they would ?

i think they would sell very quickly going by how many Nova's are scrapped due to the inner wings being fooked

bazil
23-08-10, 06:34 PM
IMO the panel without the turrett would be easier to make

Edd
23-08-10, 06:35 PM
IMO the panel without the turrett would be easier to make

very true, i had those panels, someone needs to look into it imo

Jack
23-08-10, 06:38 PM

I have a Nova you can rip to shreds if you like. Its a bit rusty though lol

ben doodar
23-08-10, 06:52 PM
i see a market for it if you could get a shell for £50-£100 and it had 1 good chassis leg that you could carefully remove and primer i think it would sell.

strange id notice this thread. i saw this on ebay earlier,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-Vauxhall-Astra-GTE-Mk1-osf-suspension-top-plate-/180546835220?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM

honest discription though.

MattBrown
23-08-10, 06:53 PM
I have a Nova you can rip to shreds if you like. Its a bit rusty though lol

Hole in one chap

If a shell is good enough to take pannels off, then it must be a bloody good shell.

Dont see the point of turning a good shell, into loads of little bits.

Why not just re-shell it?

Hadrians do inner wings for £60 each anyways:confused:

John
23-08-10, 06:54 PM
Hole in one chap

If a shell is good enough to take pannels off, then it must be a bloody good shell.

Dont see the point of turning a good shell, into loads of little bits.

Why not just re-shell it?

Re-shell = ringing. :roll:

MattBrown
23-08-10, 06:56 PM
Re-shell = ringing. :roll:

How does it:roll:

Did I say swap the ID? I said reshell, which means, build all your parts, into a new car:wtf:

Edd
23-08-10, 06:58 PM

thats not the full panel tho

Sloth
23-08-10, 06:59 PM
i can see the point of doing this. i.e you nip to the scrappy, and theres a mint nova thats gotta be crushed so you take what ya can, if it helps the rest of us. oh and matt, we dont all have £60 for one inner wing panel, if a 2nd hand part that costs £40 does the same and is gen gm then thats better. not all of us have a pot of gold/winning lotto ticket/daddys credit card.

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:01 PM
i can see the point of doing this. i.e you nip to the scrappy, and theres a mint nova thats gotta be crushed so you take what ya can, if it helps the rest of us. oh and matt, we dont all have £60 for one inner wing panel, if a 2nd hand part that costs £40 does the same and is gen gm then thats better. not all of us have a pot of gold/winning lotto ticket/daddys credit card.

Nor do I:roll:

When will you listen, I pay my way, not other people:wtf:

John
How does it:roll:

Did I say swap the ID? I said reshell, which means, build all your parts, into a new car:wtf:

Ok fair point, i'm in the mind set of bazil though, who's sentimentally attatched to his car.

Edd
not all of us have a pot of gold/winning lotto ticket/daddys credit card.

lollollollollollollollollollollol :thumb:

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:02 PM
thats not the full panel tho

Granted, its the full pannel minus the turret, but the turrets are available seperately:thumb:

Andy
23-08-10, 07:03 PM
i wish i had bought matt browns "minter" and chopped that up

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:04 PM

Good timeslol

Edd
23-08-10, 07:04 PM
Granted, its the full pannel minus the turret, but the turrets are available seperately:thumb:

THIS (http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadrian/hcpdb01.nsf/PartNoDocID%2FEDBD2EBC54F2A0C88025759D007842B7%21E ditDocument&Ret=ALL) dont look like its the whole panel tho ?

Edd
23-08-10, 07:05 PM

I would of thought Hartley will a good enough job of ruining it

Andy
23-08-10, 07:05 PM
THIS (http://hadrian.dominohosting.biz/hadrian/hcpdb01.nsf/PartNoDocID%2FEDBD2EBC54F2A0C88025759D007842B7%21E ditDocument&Ret=ALL) dont look like its the whole panel tho ?
in all fairness what the fukk does it look like lol lol
what a bad pic

Andy
23-08-10, 07:06 PM
I would of thought Hartley will a good enough job of ruining it
:confused: why will he? i dont understand

Sloth
23-08-10, 07:06 PM
these guys are really good:

http://www.autopanels-castleford.co.uk/webpages/VAUXHALL/Vauxhall%20Nova.htm

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:08 PM

Thats nothing like it fella.

Its the inner wing like bazil cut out, but minus the turret:thumb:

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:09 PM
these guys are really good:

http://www.autopanels-castleford.co.uk/webpages/VAUXHALL/Vauxhall%20Nova.htm

Exact copy of the hadrians cataloguelol

Edd
23-08-10, 07:10 PM
:confused: why will he? i dont understand

i was just going by his last project, 8k nova, stripped it down, the scrapped it iirc, he may well make something special out of Matts tho,

yeah thats a crap pic, i would of bought them years ago IF they are the full panel ?

anybody ever bought one ?

Edd
23-08-10, 07:10 PM
Thats nothing like it fella.

Its the inner wing like bazil cut out, but minus the turret:thumb:

Matt , you got a link or better pic ?

Andy
23-08-10, 07:11 PM
[quote=Edd]i was just going by his last project, 8k nova, stripped it down, the scrapped it iirc, he may well make something special out of Matts tho,
quote]
Was it him who's dad scrapped his nova?

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:12 PM
i was just going by his last project, 8k nova, stripped it down, the scrapped it iirc, he may well make something special out of Matts tho,

yeah thats a crap pic, i would of bought them years ago IF they are the full panel ?

anybody ever bought one ?

I have used that wing mounting pannel, and used it in my track car.

Erm, it is exactly as shown in the pic edd:thumb:

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:12 PM
Matt , you got a link or better pic ?

Im looking now edd.

But that pannel, is a wing mounting pannel, and is exactly as the pic shows:thumb:

Edd
23-08-10, 07:19 PM
Was it him who's dad scrapped his nova?
Yep lol

Matt where did you get the panel from then ?

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:27 PM
Yep lol

Matt where did you get the panel from then ?

I got that smaller pannel from ebay.

However, according to my opc, vauxhall still do the inner wings, minus the turrets.

Would you like a pic and part numbers?

bmw156
23-08-10, 07:28 PM
isnt that panel in question missing the outer part which bazil cut off first?

*waits for the prices of shells to rise!*

Edd
23-08-10, 07:28 PM
I got that smaller pannel from ebay.

However, according to my opc, vauxhall still do the inner wings, minus the turrets.

Would you like a pic and part numbers?

NLS now Matt

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:31 PM
http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx16/MattBrown9600/novainnerwings.jpg

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:34 PM
Edd, see pannels 3 and 4, thats what my local pannel man recons he can get from hadrians:thumb:

Edd
23-08-10, 07:35 PM
Like my EPC Matt its not up to date, lots of things iv been into Vauxhall thinking i could get are NLS

MattBrown
23-08-10, 07:37 PM
Like my EPC Matt its not up to date, lots of things iv been into Vauxhall thinking i could get are NLS

You have just ruined my nightlol

burgo
23-08-10, 07:59 PM
see you people sit there saying oh if its good enough to remove panels from its good enough to sell!!! i honesty have lost count of the amount of shells that have ended up getting scrapped because no body bought them. i had the same idea as martin months ago and think if you have the space and skill then do it

MattBrown
23-08-10, 08:01 PM
see you people sit there saying oh if its good enough to remove panels from its good enough to sell!!! i honesty have lost count of the amount of shells that have ended up getting scrapped because no body bought them. i had the same idea as martin months ago and think if you have the space and skill then do it

I for one, cannot understand why matts brothers GSI, and dj browneys shells are still there.

Ive seen browneys, and its mint, and needs nothing:confused:

Its mad

Benn
23-08-10, 08:20 PM
Dj brownies shell is awesome. Proper caged and turreted. I'd love to own it.

BM,
I'd take a boot floor with well.

bazil
23-08-10, 08:33 PM
The wing mounting panels are NOT an inner wing, I bought a pair from the strenght of the picture, I was robbed, pics to follow.

Trust me this is what you get!!!!
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/pics/23bdbbbe.jpg
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/pics/451ecdc8.jpg

Benn, is one of these you want?
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/pics/PC300062.jpg

Benn
23-08-10, 09:11 PM
Inner wings are just the flat part. And yeah i do fancy putting a wheel well back in.

MattBrown
23-08-10, 09:12 PM
Bazil, thats exactly what me and Srs-1 cut and welded into my shell!

w88rdy
23-08-10, 09:29 PM
I bought my genuine spare inner wing minus turret off edd i think ?

Edd
23-08-10, 09:30 PM

you did mate, once i had the Sport lined up there was no need for me to keep them

bazil
23-08-10, 09:58 PM

did you use them?

bmw156
23-08-10, 11:45 PM
lol ok i might start buying up 3 door shells :D

dj_wudgey
24-08-10, 01:14 PM
yea id buy a few parts but they would have to be mint!!

Sloth
24-08-10, 01:24 PM
/\ well he aint gonna sell you rotten ones is he...... :facepalm:

Jack
24-08-10, 02:32 PM
/\ well he aint gonna sell you rotten ones is he...... :facepalm:
No, those are all for crazy-kyle lol