PDA

View Full Version : Can any1 help me?????????

courtenaynova's lil sis
17-05-03, 03:09 PM
Right.

We've just had BT Broadband because the Internet was playin up.

Now, I can't access my E-mail via:

Hotmail home page

MSN home page

MSN messenger

Wot do I do? I've got loads of e-mails that I really need to read but can't access the site. Its the same password as I always put in, everythink is the same. I went round to my Aunties the other day and it worked perfectly. Just to see if somebody had tampered with it I put in an incorrect password and it came up the same display page but it didn't say that an incorrect password had been entered.

My E-mails are really important and I really need help with this.

Sorry about the essay like. Any advice???????

jatinder
17-05-03, 03:52 PM
could be your cookie settings i know on hotmail you need to have to allow cookies in im not to sure try going into the control panel then going into the privacy tab the setting it to low it might be that otherwise i havent got a clue.

Dicko
17-05-03, 04:01 PM
are you using normal internet explorer or a version that came with the BT package? kinda sounds like they got some dodgy filtering on the go but not sure.

try this

load internet explorer, go into tools then internet options, clear all ya cookies then go onto the privacy setting and make sure its on low.

you say it brings up the same screen weather you put in the right or wrong password, well whats on the screen exactly, may help us to help you

jatinder
17-05-03, 04:36 PM
lol i swear i just said all that

Dicko
17-05-03, 05:21 PM
sorry had it open for ages while was eatin me dinner :P

courtenaynova's lil sis
18-05-03, 03:25 PM
its just a blank screen if that helps.

I'll try that. the last time i used the net my bro blamed me for "breakin" the comp. he had set it up so there was encrytion or something so i blame him. he breaks everything. everything he touches breaks. eg his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dicko
18-05-03, 05:22 PM
well if ya privacy setting is ok then im guessing its gonna be the securty settings from within internet options again. you need to find out what ya bros been messing with to change encryption settings, maybe hes disabled summit you need to access hotmail :(

stugsi
18-05-03, 06:23 PM
off the subject your sig at the bottom of the page is that a song off save the last dance ?

i know im sad :(

Ian
18-05-03, 06:53 PM
ahh i know what the prob is..

email sent

ZuG
19-05-03, 12:19 AM
i bet did will micky :)
u can access hotmail email from outlook express. Open outlook express (you should have it installed) and "add new mail account" (it should just pop up if you dont have a mail account already setup). Then just follow the screens, its very simple.

Dicko
19-05-03, 09:42 AM
yes hotmail supports pop3 but this doesnt fix the initial problem it just works around it.

If she us geting a blank screen there is obviously a problem with ther computer, and i still say its the security settings :lol:

ZuG
19-05-03, 12:01 PM
true, on IE go to tools, then go to internet options. Click the end tab "advanced" and click restore to default settings.

Carla
19-05-03, 02:59 PM
Chez it is entirely ROBS fault, 4 messin wid the pc!!

Ur mom was messin wid it today as me and amy went round, and she said that sumat came up on the pc about the "cookies"

so i would advise u 2 blame it 110% on rob and the cookies!!

wisewood
19-05-03, 04:35 PM
ahh i know what the prob is..

email sent

ROFLMFAO!!!

Seriously though, not sure what the problem was but i remember Tilly saying she had this problem a while ago. She is on holiday this week though.. could try sending her a message by courier pigeon and see if she knows how to fix it.

mikeoxford
20-05-03, 12:10 AM
mike to the rescue....................

charge by the hour

ill speak to your bro or u l8a

Carla
20-05-03, 12:14 PM
Yeah u already did, and u best b goin down thursday 2 do it, as me and chez need 2 b chattin on msn about lads, sex and shit like that...................oh no i 4got we cant as rob has put a thing on the pc to record her convos, so he nos wat she talks bout....oops!!!