PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall advert

Alex J
22-08-10, 01:03 PM
just seen a new one, got a few old school bits on it, mk1 cav, mk2 astra gte etc, but no nova:wtf: , maybe i missed it?? anyone else see it:)

paul james
22-08-10, 01:07 PM
Yeah saw this last night, what was the car being shown as a wireframe model on a computer screen? thought that may have been a nova, but didn't get a good look.

Mike B GTE
23-08-10, 09:18 AM
This the one for their lifetime warranty? Anyone else spy Baby Bertha in there?? Just a quick 2 second clip before they show Muller's BTCC Veccy. Awesome!! Best advert on tv!

mowgli
23-08-10, 10:56 AM
This the one for their lifetime warranty? Anyone else spy Baby Bertha in there?? Just a quick 2 second clip before they show Muller's BTCC Veccy. Awesome!! Best vauxhall cars advert on tv at the moment!

editted for truth.....

its ok, but showing a load of 60's, 70's, 80's & 90's vauxhalls is hardly a good idea for trying to sell reliability, now is it????

Keif
23-08-10, 11:05 AM
Yeah saw this last night, what was the car being shown as a wireframe model on a computer screen? thought that may have been a nova, but didn't get a good look.

No it's a MK2 Astra.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xRn4WhOG3Y

Jack
23-08-10, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't get me buying a Vauxhall, they're only good for 100k according to Vauxhall themselves!

draper
23-08-10, 12:56 PM
Wouldn't get me buying a Vauxhall, they're only good for 100k according to Vauxhall themselves!

but thats when redtops turn into a 'good un :confused:

mowgli
23-08-10, 12:58 PM
is the disclaimer anything like the novas 6 year rust warranty....??

with that, you had to take the car to the gm dealer & pay for every single paint chip & blemish to be fixed every year, for them to honour it..........

i'm guessing less than half of 1% of people buy a new vauxhall & then keep it for 7 years, and have it dealer serviced.....

Hobbit
23-08-10, 01:19 PM
Its only on the electrics I believe and is non transferable.

mowgli
23-08-10, 01:23 PM
its just a ploy to get you to use the dealer for servicing, then they will honour the extended warranty, minus wear & tear... of course..

Jack
23-08-10, 01:31 PM
Aye, first owner only. Didn't realise it was only the electrics, thats a pretty poor show IMO.

Long warranties are poo anyway, as mowglow pointed out its to keep you going back to the dealer. By the time you've paid out for a handful of services, you may as well have just paid your local spanner monkey to look after the car and saved enough dollar to fix anything that does go wrong.

Just seems like all the car manufacturers are scrabbling round for more ideas to keep the unsustainable flow of brand new car purchasing going strong now the scrappage scheme has died.

Stuart
23-08-10, 01:58 PM
lol the electrical system is going to be good for about 20years anyway (ignoring cable defects from environmentals)

Lots of 'high' end manufacturers on paper only offer 2-3years warranty, but do a hell of a lot on good faith for cars from even as far back as the mid 80's!!
Its the low end makers that are coming out with all these gimmicks etc like 7 yr warranty or lifetime etc and then the cars are permanently in the dealerships as they are piss poor quality etc

Rysee
23-08-10, 02:41 PM
My Nova has Vauxhall service history till 20k but yeah most people take them elsewhere if anywhere at all

mowgli
23-08-10, 02:45 PM
we bought 2 L200 trucks & to keep up the warranty over 3 years needed regular dealer services... the cost of the services meant that if we'd bought a 3rd one, stuck it in a shed & scavenged bits off it, after 3 years we'd be better off. these gits were charging £80 for the engine oil alone.. we get better stuff for £1.20/L for the trucks.....

after the second services, we did them ourselves....

Alex J
23-08-10, 06:20 PM
after seeing this advert, what was the best vauxhall ever made in peoples eyes???????????

mowgli
23-08-10, 08:18 PM
mk1.5 lotus 16v nova