PDA

View Full Version : Bitch!

CP
17-05-03, 10:33 AM
Think my head gasket has gone :evil:

Just fixed the crank sensing arrangement and was trying it out - started to chuff after stopping for fuel which got worse before finally conking at some lights. Had to get recovered :evil: cos no way would it start.

Never mind if its only a head gasket its not too bad - could be worse. Might not even be a serious as that so we will see :)

mikeoxford
17-05-03, 10:39 AM
:x having had first hand expeirnece of head gasket failure, and then piston ring problems......

itll be back on the road mate! - u shudnt drive it hard now should you! :lol:

take care m8

jatinder
17-05-03, 11:19 AM
yep im in near enough the same boat, hope it gets sorted out

ollster
17-05-03, 11:21 AM
if it started to do it after you stopped for fuel, firstly are you sure you put the right fuel in :roll:. If you did then if could simply be a bad tank of fuel, i have had this before.

Stuart
17-05-03, 11:36 AM
charles you could do the gasket in about 3 hours tops lol

i did a head gasket replacement on a kserise in 54 minutes once lol, granted it wasnt in a car and i could walk round it.

Snowface
17-05-03, 11:39 AM
my head gasket went in Jan. Fine since though.

Dicko
17-05-03, 01:23 PM
sounds wierd, had mine runing on 2 cylinders b4 now when gasket went, funny it wouldnt run at all.

wehn mine did that the rollers had colapse and valves = bent :(

Ben (lurk75)
17-05-03, 01:45 PM
lmao ollster reminds me of the time i filled my GSi up with diesel!

I know i shouldnt have just wrote that!

ollster
17-05-03, 03:27 PM
lol, i dont think i would have admited to that :roll:.

Dicko
17-05-03, 03:44 PM
easily done i spose

like picking up the black hose labelled DIESEL instead on the green hose labbelled UNLEADED :P

jatinder
17-05-03, 03:46 PM
easily done i spose

like picking up the black hose labelled DIESEL instead on the green hose labbelled UNLEADED :P

yeah can be done if your in a rush not that it happened to me before

my dad on the other hand has not done that once but three times!!!!!!! lol

Ben (lurk75)
17-05-03, 04:00 PM
We always used to fill the lorries for work up in that garage, we filled our lorry up went into work and clocked out 10 minutes later i went back in with my mate in my car and was chatting and automatically picked the diesel nozzle up, i realised after ?10 worth and luckily pushed the car of the forecourt and drained it out and pushed it back on and filled with super without starting it and running the diesel through the system.

At the time i was filling the car up once a wekk and the lorry 10 times so it was more natural to pick up the black pump- Still stupid though.

We had a guy in from the agency who filled one of the vans up with ?60 worth of petrol in Penzance, when questioned he said, i never knew vans were diesel i thought that was only for lorries and buses! lmfao

CP
17-05-03, 07:18 PM
Compression tested it:
No.1 OK
No.2 OK
No. 3 Only 50psi - and chuffing loudly
No. 4 ditto

Therefore almost certainly head gasket. Just wondering if its the optimax :?: :( Apparently it is alledged that it can cause head gaskets on 16V Vaux engines to go?

Stuart
17-05-03, 07:25 PM
get one of those strenghtened ones from sbd??

nova---chris
18-05-03, 10:46 AM
I gotta go uprated soon i think. especially if i stick the jenveys on!
gonna have a chat and see wot to go for!