PDA

View Full Version : creating wider wheel base

Ryan81
20-08-10, 06:24 PM
with the wide arch nova kit , how do you go about creating the wheelbase wider to fill the arches

not a fan of discovery channel chop shop method .....

i`am only wanting to run 16`s

Cle
20-08-10, 06:26 PM
Spacer's with long studs maybe or spacer's with long bolts

mowgli
20-08-10, 06:29 PM
you are after wider track.... wheelbase is how far the fronts are from the rears...

you could just buy the correct offset rims, look at the thread for dan's track car project.

when you say that you only want to fit 16's.. just how wide are they, cos people have been fitting 16's for years without resorting to wide arch kits. you will have to roll your rear arches though

Mike
20-08-10, 06:39 PM
lairy offset is all you need

Ryan81
20-08-10, 06:48 PM
as its a rally car , doing mostly tarmac rallys , i want a wider track

will be running ET 43 - 49 , with 205 wide tyres

Ryan81
20-08-10, 06:50 PM
you are after wider track.... wheelbase is how far the fronts are from the rears...

you could just buy the correct offset rims, look at the thread for dan's track car project.

when you say that you only want to fit 16's.. just how wide are they, cos people have been fitting 16's for years without resorting to wide arch kits. you will have to roll your rear arches though

i want a wider track , to help handaling

mowgli
20-08-10, 06:55 PM
well, in that case, you need to see about fitting longer bottom arms, some sort of camber adjustment & maybe some longer track rods, with hub adaptors on the rear.