PDA

View Full Version : Repositioning Head Unit

Anonymous
21-12-00, 02:41 PM
Has any body done this ?
I've just bought one of those new Sony flip down head units with the blank panel, it looks shit when its mounted in the regular position (J plate GSi), I've seen a few people that have took the two centre air vents and the clock out and mounted their head units there, this would look awesome as well as the head unit would not be on a slant. Like i say has anyone done this and if so, any tips ?

Anonymous
21-12-00, 03:20 PM
you'll have to reposition the clock (if you need it) and modify the hazzard switch so it still fits also you will need to seal the cold ait feed that used to feed the vents or it will let cold air in all the time apart from that it shouldn't be a problem p.s. the wires for the headunit are fed from the loom just above the clocks to wireing should't be a prob

Anonymous
21-12-00, 04:15 PM
Cheers mate

Anonymous
21-12-00, 04:41 PM
lee, dont remember where your from. but theres a place in bolton, called street sounds, they speciallise in custom installs. Theve put me a telly in the same place as you want your head, (unit)

ring em on 01204 533532 for info.

tell em ste with the novalution told ya, theyll sort it.

Anonymous
21-12-00, 05:05 PM
Yeah, would they put me a playstation in aswell to connect to the screen, that was my long term plan.