PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox mount??

Wazza024
19-08-10, 09:06 PM
Having a bit of trouble with the front gearbox mount. it was a standard 1 to start with and i've replaced it with another but now the alternator is hitting the body and wondered if anyone else is had this problem with the standard mounts? I have a c20let in there with the f28 box and it has uprated engine mount and the rear gearbox mount is uprated but the front 1 isn't. Can you still get the uprated one's and also would this pull it over away from the body if i used an uprated mount?

djbrowney
19-08-10, 09:08 PM
picture of front mount needed, sound like you have the wrong one !

Wazza024
19-08-10, 09:24 PM
Ill get a picture tommorow as to dark. It looks the same as what come off but seems to pull the whole engine over to the drivers side and didn't do it before :tard:

Paul
19-08-10, 09:49 PM
IIRC Astra GTE ones look the same but are approx 10mm bigger, Pics needed

Wazza024
21-08-10, 09:20 PM
Sorry guys figured out it's not the gearbox mount it's the n/s driveshaft keeps poping out the inner cv joint even when u realign it, it still pops out. But when i first got the car someone had bent the bottom ball joint on the o/s up a little and since i changed the pair of them the shaft keeps popping out so im guessing it may have the wrong shaft in it because im pretty sure there not motorsport ones just maybe cav ones. Unless anyone else has had this problem?

AlexW
21-08-10, 10:11 PM
There isnt any shafts that are shorter than a nova shaft though?

It sounds like the engine isnt sat right tbh.

Bubba
21-08-10, 10:38 PM
wrong mount pullin engine to one side?

Wazza024
22-08-10, 11:12 AM
There isnt any shafts that are shorter than a nova shaft though?

It sounds like the engine isnt sat right tbh.

Im not to sure tbh. I phone lmf about the motorsport shafts and he was telling me the cav ones can be used but one is shorter than out of them :tard: i have no idea as i've never had a redtop in a nova so learning as i go but the gearbox mount did break and i replaced it with another mount thats the same. I've gotta sort the shaft out so ill measure the length while i have it off because the motorsport shaft is 310mm and if mine is the same length then i know it isn't that. But the other 2 mounts are solid and was wondering if they had moved at all?