PDA

View Full Version : external wastegate problems

nova turbo kev
19-08-10, 01:07 PM
hi i had to strip my wastegate to day because i was getting no boost on my c20let so when i took it off i found that the valve isant sealing its brand new not that means anything but i dont no wot to do now is there anyway i can do something to it to make it seal as i dont want the expense of buying a new one cheers kev:confused:

Sloth
19-08-10, 01:09 PM
its faulty, it needs returning and an exchange.

fastcar1cars
19-08-10, 01:10 PM
What makw is it? Trial?

mowgli
19-08-10, 01:21 PM
the sale of goods act sort of allows you to return stuff that is substandard & get a replacement part.... if you have pulled it apart or wrongly fitted it your rights may be void

nova turbo kev
19-08-10, 01:27 PM
the only trouble with this is i brought it about 2 years ago and have only just got round to starting the engine up so i carnt rember where i got it from so im at no loss stripping it it hasnt got a make on it :(

Sloth
19-08-10, 01:30 PM
so uits an ebay one? theyre known for being faulty/crap quality. id take it apart and have a look, but your gonna end up buying a decent one tbh.

nova turbo kev
19-08-10, 01:33 PM
yeah it was an ebay one it just dont seal at all like there isant enougfh travel on the vavle to shut if you no what i mean

nova turbo kev
19-08-10, 01:47 PM
ive just bin looking on ebay and thers a thing called a valve sealing ring will that be any use to me? item number

mowgli
19-08-10, 02:47 PM
please post pics or links so we can help you out

nova turbo kev
19-08-10, 03:56 PM
ive sorted it now when it came in the post the valve sealing ring was allready fitted but they had fitted it the wrong way around ive now turned it round and tryed it and it seems to be fine sorry for the hassel but thanks for the advise