PDA

View Full Version : Best place for XE service parts?

bazil
19-08-10, 04:48 AM
In the coming months I'll be looking for
oil pump
water pump
fan belt
timing belt and tensioners
full gasket kit including head gasket
valve stem oil seals

it's an early 20XE and been sitting for 7 years
I'm looking for your feedback on sellers and quality

Thanks.

joff-turbo-nova
19-08-10, 07:51 AM
I use Autovaux most of the time - good prices, quality stuff and excellent service.

Plus you get a PNG discount as well :thumb:

Joff

Benn
19-08-10, 08:18 AM
Vauxhall with the Trade Club.

John
19-08-10, 08:59 AM
vote here for autovaux too.

mowgli
19-08-10, 09:12 AM
the local motor factors is usually quite good..its not like its a maserati...

Paul
19-08-10, 10:31 AM
Autovaux.

Do not buy a pattern Oil pump, keep with the GM one, even if it has done spaceship mileage, itll be better than a brand new mickey mouse one

Paul

bmw156
19-08-10, 10:34 AM
Autovaux.

Do not buy a pattern Oil pump, keep with the GM one, even if it has done spaceship mileage, itll be better than a brand new mickey mouse one

Paul

secondddddd

Sloth
19-08-10, 11:27 AM
thirded, ebay **** pumps are asing for a dry bum too.

and clean yer lifters!!!! :)

bazil
19-08-10, 04:10 PM
ive seen the damage, a cheap oil pump can do as its part of the reason my mates LET is dead,

Ben, i think i have a trade club card,

Paul, would i be able to trust the original pump thats on it? the engine had only done 69,000, i know this to be try as i have the digi dash from the astra gte it came from ( and saw the car too )

Joff, i'll go talk to autovaux and see what they have

mowgli, i've lost faith in my local factors, the last set of brake pads i got lasted 700 miles then started to feel really bad, upon inspection the material had split and started to crumble ( no doubt made from compressed camel shoite) and they were on her 1.4 pug 206:confused:

Rob the head shall be stripped and sent for testing.

as said its sat for so long i just cant bung it in a shell and nail it about lol

Sloth
19-08-10, 04:13 PM
its sat for so long i just cant bung it in a shell and nail it about lol

yer you can.... she be reet. :thumb: lol :d

mowgli
19-08-10, 04:13 PM
ok, bazil, well google elring parts, then email them to find your local stockist. their stuff is oe spec & is very good quality.

the trouble is that this society has become a throwaway one... and the parts factors just aren't as good as they once were, when cars were crap & needed a rebuild every 100k

Sloth
19-08-10, 04:14 PM
and the parts factors just aren't as good as they once were, when cars were crap & needed a rebuild every 100k
you been lookign at 2006 peugeots then?;)

bazil
19-08-10, 04:15 PM
cheers mowgli, TBH my usual service stuff i get from halfrauds now, which isnt ideal.

mowgli
19-08-10, 04:19 PM
i only go there when the real places are shut... or when i'm bored & want to bait the inept parts staff...... my mates missus used to work there but male customers wouldn't talk to the girl, which was odd, cos she knew more than the rest of them put together & was pretty good with the spanners too.

Mieran
19-08-10, 05:35 PM
jav on mig sells gm stuff iirc