PDA

View Full Version : a job at last

waynes sri
18-08-10, 01:07 PM
back in april a got made redundant and ive sent off to loadz of jobs and heard nothing.so bout 3 weeks ago signed on to jobseekers so that i could go on a Hgv course.but the other day i got told a bout a driver valeter job at enterprise car hire so went had a interview and got the job so in a way it means a cant do my hgv but at least its a job and better than job seekers lol.but ive got to go nottingham tomoz for a hours driving with a advance driver to defo get the job.takes piss i after take my car drive my own round as well and dont cover any of the cost as its 50 mile from were i live lol.so i went job seekers today and there guna give me 25p a mile there and back better than nowt lol...i should take the nova down that would be a laff bouncing about lol.

draper
18-08-10, 01:09 PM
bring a bulletproof vest lol

congrats on the job aswell

waynes sri
18-08-10, 01:11 PM
bring a bulletproof vest lol

congrats on the job aswell ta mate yes ive been round that neck of woods before lol its in stapleford

draper
18-08-10, 01:13 PM
ta mate yes ive been round that neck of woods before lol its in stapleford

good old stabbo - id take a knife proof one instead then

im not to far away from there in the nicer part of erewash - ilkeston

GDN16v
18-08-10, 01:15 PM
Well done fella!:thumb:

Stuart
18-08-10, 01:16 PM
you should be getting 40p per mile

craig green
18-08-10, 01:17 PM
It aint easy scoring a job nowadays. Well done.

mowgli
18-08-10, 01:18 PM
and spending an hour bumbling round nottingham with a member of the 'Institute of Slow Tw@ts who think you should wear gloves to drive & double declutch everywhere' is going to make you a safe driver???????

HAHAHAHAHAHA..... the fastest i ever drove was when i did saturdays for Budget rentacar..... just to keep up with the other lads...

ps. good news on the job, get saving & take the hgv as & when you can afford it if thats what you want to do.. you can do it in 1 week block courses. see if your new employer has any schemes as they also do some truck rental stuff and you need to be licenced even for 7.5t these days

waynes sri
18-08-10, 01:23 PM
thanks lads. yea i think ill save and probley still take it in time mowgli.and as for the driving round he knows as soon as you get in there cars your goin to just give it death lol.manger said to me when you after pick range rovers and Amg mercs and that just take your time lol

mowgli
18-08-10, 01:25 PM
sorry to be an old pedant, but it is HAVE TO, not AFTER, but you are northern, so i'll forgive you...... southerners think a pheasant is a number higher than 999

waynes sri
18-08-10, 01:28 PM
sorry to be an old pedant, but it is HAVE TO, not AFTER, but you are northern, so i'll forgive you...... southerners think a pheasant is a number higher than 999 its me i never look what im typing lol