PDA

View Full Version : Alarm System?

winrow17
18-08-10, 10:49 AM
Unfortunatly had my 1988 Astra stolen off my drive on sunday night, but should hopfuly be getting my hands on a 1986 1.2 Nova Antibes before the end of this week and was just wondering what would be the best alarm system and possibly immobilisor to fit on it.

And advice would be much appreciated.
cheers
Sam

GRUNT 16V
18-08-10, 12:38 PM
watchful owner with a baseball bat !

paul james
18-08-10, 01:08 PM
If you've got your own driveway, then get some hefty lockable gate put in, or one of those bollard things you can lock in an upright position behind the car.

Of course get a good alarm and immobiliser too, the more you can do to put off theives the better - don't want to be a repeat target for them.

AlexW
18-08-10, 02:23 PM
Id get a gemini alarm, iirc they have some good deals on atm. Nice and easy to wire in and setup.

mowgli
18-08-10, 02:39 PM
a garage.. with a really good lock on the door.

or a kingdom body kit.......

Jack
18-08-10, 04:09 PM
I quite like Falcon units.

All depends on what you want really - DIY or pro install, budget, features etc

Sloth
18-08-10, 04:26 PM
i got a cheap one off ebay fr 27 quid with remote start etc, its top quality! you will need a cdl kit too tho, maplins do one for 24.99

edit this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190352985492&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

blue_peg_16v
18-08-10, 04:34 PM
ive always gone for clifford and cant folt them got my instalation fee back when my old nova was nicked, at the end of the day no matter what you do if they want it they will still take it, the alarm is a deterant thats all id be more bothered about the imobaliser side of things as now adays alot of people will ignore an alarm as there so common going off the house down the road alarm regularly goes off and no one checks it now.

AlexW
18-08-10, 04:43 PM
Another point that should be made clear, house security, no matter what the car is or has as security, the house is nearly always the weakest and thus the easiest to break into.

I mean like breaking in to nick the keys, and anything else that takes there fancy as they rush out the door

Sloth
18-08-10, 04:45 PM
/\ good point, my leys are in a place that will wake me up ;)

novanova636
18-08-10, 09:12 PM
Inside you?

John
18-08-10, 09:15 PM
Another point that should be made clear, house security, no matter what the car is or has as security, the house is nearly always the weakest and thus the easiest to break into.

I mean like breaking in to nick the keys, and anything else that takes there fancy as they rush out the door

Was it you awwoo006 that left your keys in car on drive, said car then got nicked?

mowgli
19-08-10, 07:57 AM
i used to do that all the time when i lived in oxford (the keys bit, not the nicking)... i had an arrangement with the local car thieves.... namely i worked out 1 of them lived next door, and i threatened him with a baseball bat, that i borrowed from a friend, and our cars never got touched.