PDA

View Full Version : Jamaica Yellow Opel Corsa A 1.3 GT shell being broken

PaulW
16-08-10, 02:27 PM
Hi after ten years sat in my parents front garden I am finally cutting up the shell.

Pics are to follow, but before I cut it up and send the shell off to the scrap man. Does anyone want any clips or bits and pieces? ie split rear bench brackets or plastic loom clips, seat belts etc etc No point bits going to be crushed when someone out there might need a random bit no longer easily found at a scrap yard, posted to your door for the price of the postage.

I have two jaimaica yellow doors and an early jamaica yellow tailgate if anyone is interested too. I will come back to you on condition with photos. The tailgate and passenger door from what I remember are perfect and corrosion free. Drivers door has a slight verticle ripple on forward edge of skin where it was opened into a pushed back wing, and a small amount of surface corrosion bubbleing under the paint in the lower forward corner.

Sloth
16-08-10, 02:30 PM
front seat belts? where are you btw?

Southie
16-08-10, 02:35 PM
Have you the front snowplough and clips and brackets please.

I'd of said Ireland Rob.

Yung Deano
16-08-10, 03:36 PM
alright needing doors and wings if you have mabey tailgate... pics please and prices?:thumb:

Mazz
16-08-10, 03:53 PM
lol

stupot89
16-08-10, 04:59 PM
how much for the bulkhead piece (where the wiper motor bolts to) infront of the heater motor and battery full lengh of the bay??

shrtwrec20
16-08-10, 05:29 PM
Any opel badges?

DAFTJOHN
17-08-10, 04:26 PM
Hi,

looking for sill trim, gear gator and the black covers that sit over the seat runners if poss?

Cheers

Edd
17-08-10, 04:39 PM
think Paul lives near Newcastle

sport
17-08-10, 05:50 PM
think Paul lives near Newcastle

Aberdeen mate, although the cars in England.

swedge
17-08-10, 06:33 PM
Could do with the brackets for the rear split seats

Brettski
17-08-10, 07:09 PM
i would like the side mouldings if they are rubber type and have the yellow/ orange stripe please first dibs :thumb:

Southie
17-08-10, 07:11 PM
Noticed he's not been back to the thread mmmmmmm

vaughanmc
17-08-10, 08:14 PM

What's that supposed to imply ?

PaulW
17-08-10, 10:51 PM
Not being back to thread just means Ive been busy stripping and cutting it up,and getting jobs done, im only "home" once every six months or so. The thread was to create a shopping list of items to save when I dismantled it. The exciting items have been sold on over the years, but I know what its like to need a clip or a bolt that youve lost somewhere in a garage and are no longer stocked or the local breakers yard doesnt have any novas to raid anymore. It seemed a waist to bin all those little bits nobody advertises but often needs.

I have been replying to those who pmed me.

The bulkhead panel where the wiper motor goes dividing the engine bay from the battery bay and heater motor is accident damaged (creased behind the turret) and a little rusty on the drivers side. Your welcome to it but I think youd find better examples elsewhere. Ill get a pic tomorrow but I personally dont think its worth the grinding disc to cut it out for you. Thats all id charge anyway is the disc to cut it out and postage to you.

As for bumpers etc. Its been on my drive for ten years, all the big exciting bits are long gone, front bumper and wings were accident damaged, and rear is long sold on. Snow plow was history years ago, back when we made the cars look newer not older. (How wrong we were) Plastic rivet bumper clips you can get on ebay new (i dont have any)

Opel badges and horn push allready sold on through this site.

Bump strips will take a while. I took those off over ten years ago, I do have them but will take some rooting around in my lock up to find them. I only come down from Aberdeen once every few months. If I dont have time to find them this time, next time I find them, youll be the first to know.

Rear bench brackets, Im part way drilling the spot welds off, 4 brackets down 4 to go. Ill get them sent up to Mark (novacabrio), if you dont mind collecting them from him.

Drivers door has sold. Pics of passenger door and tailgate Ill get round to in the next couple of days.

Rear window surrounds are up in Newcastle with Mark, they are not perfect but there are no marks one may need slightly straightening. The rest of the window trim is in boxes in my lock up.

John
17-08-10, 10:53 PM

This is Paul Woodcock southie, owner of the sport Mark as been helping with. ;)