PDA

View Full Version : I want one!!!!

jkhilton
16-05-03, 12:37 PM
http://www.ps2city.btinternet.co.uk/project355/gallery.htm

How cool are these cars!!! you get the *ahem* reliablity of an MR2(hmmmm......a bit tongue in cheek really seeing as how mine blew up!) and the looks of a ferarri! all for under 20k

Plus if you buy an MR2 with the engine modded already, you will have the power to match at a fraction of the cost of a real ferarri! :)

Ben (lurk75)
16-05-03, 12:39 PM
there was huuuuggggggeeeeee post about this a few months ago and it all ended in tears and a big padlock!

novamark
16-05-03, 12:40 PM
looks nice mate. u gunna get one?

wisewood
16-05-03, 12:43 PM
it does look very nice... very nice indeed.

how did it end up going nuts last time i cant remember/???

Anton
16-05-03, 12:44 PM
i like it :D

Ben (lurk75)
16-05-03, 12:52 PM
It was when Hayzsr was using the site, cant remember if he had a hand in it? also some numpty's just slagging people off for no reason, one was called Crispy pancake?

Not that i was bothered by it or anything!

wisewood
16-05-03, 01:04 PM
crispy pancake n chicken drummer!!!

i remember them. :lol:
what a joke that was.

Little-Devil
18-05-03, 07:52 PM
cat to youre mr2 for 3 grand mate

?Marty?
19-05-03, 12:42 AM
It's not just the whole kit you'd need done for the 'full effect' though.

Jim
19-05-03, 09:34 AM
Breeny and I were discussing this over the weekend. John really wetted my apetite when he showed me this site.

Like Micky says, the MR2 turbo imports are fast, along with the kit, you'll be able to fool most people with the speed and the look. However, when cruising, do you not think people will notice the sound of the turbo and dump valve?...So to get round this, would it be worth jeopardising the turbo performance for a tuned 2.0 16v and try and get as close to a Ferarri sound as possible? Ok, you're never going to be able to get the authentic sound, but the dump valve will be a massive give-a-way.

Jim

novamark
19-05-03, 09:43 AM
just kit up an mr2 turbo with a tasty veilside kit and tweak the bollucks off the engine, same "bird appeal" say 300bhp, dump valve, meaty twin exhausts, sounds etc. its like when the girl says when she gets in ur ferarri wannabe, how did u afford a ferarri? "oh, erm, it aint a real one luv" u'd look a slight muppet.

Alex
19-05-03, 11:12 AM
i think the makers of those kits were sued by Ferarri and had to go out of business :(

Jim
19-05-03, 11:16 AM
when the girl says when she gets in ur ferarri wannabe, how did u afford a ferarri? "oh, erm, it aint a real one luv" u'd look a slight muppet.

True, but by that point, she's already in the car, so you lock the doors and erm...oops, sorry :oops: :wink: :P

There are Pro's and Conns to having it kitted out like a Ferarri.

Jim

Dave
19-05-03, 11:17 AM
there was one of these came into the bodyshop across the road from me it looked like a proper job an had me fooled until i looked at the passenger window an it had TOYOTA etched into it.

novamark
19-05-03, 11:18 AM
True, but by that point, she's already in the car, so you lock the doors and erm...oops, sorry :oops: :wink: :P

lol. u crazy!!!!

Dave
19-05-03, 11:20 AM
think that's also known as kidnapping! lol

jkhilton
19-05-03, 01:03 PM
The point of these cars is that you can own something that looks like a ferarri, but is a fraction of the cost and cheaper to run.

Nobody that buys one of these cars thinks that they own a ferarri, they know that they just own a nice looking and usually very fast car.

And to be honest if a girl did think I was a prat for owning a replica then I wouldn't want to know them, they are obviously very materialistic and shallow.

wisewood
19-05-03, 01:31 PM
fair enough people are gonna be dissapointed when they realise its not a proper ferrari but surely if you saw one of those at a cruise or a meet somewhere you would have nothing but respect for the guy who built it because they do look mint!!!

I certainly wouldnt start mouthing of about how its not a real ferrari therefor its rubbish, i'd be more interested in the time and effort they had put into getting it to look so good.

Ferrari looks and image for 20k instead of 100k... yes please!!

Jim
19-05-03, 01:47 PM
2 be honest, probs none of us lot are ever gonna get the real deal, could be a class comprimise

like breeny says u need other stuff done to get the full effect like white retrims and stuff

mr2 turbo doesnt need to have a dump valve fitted lol, uprated recirc one will be fine, i have a tas piston recirc one in mine (non of this wootiiiishhhhh crap pls lol)

I think the 355 kit includes re-upholstering the interior to make it look authentic inside. They even make custom made dials and the metal gear gaiter.

I didn't know about the recirc thingy-ma-jig.

So in theroy the only real difference (other than the engine) would be the fact that the MR2 is slightly thinner in width than the real thing...Excellent :D

Think I'll get saving now :)

Jim

jkhilton
19-05-03, 01:59 PM
My MR2 blew up cos I had a load of engine work done and didn't get some parts refurbished/reconditioned whatever, basically I did it on the cheap!!! the output from it when the engine blew was around 280bhp and it was very fast!! :) god I miss that car :(

I will have another mental car again, but next time I will probably buy one with the engine work done already!!!

novamark
19-05-03, 03:05 PM
the funniest thing i saw was a fake ferarri F50, runnin a small block chevy 350 with ferarri badges stuck on the rocker covers. he looked a right prick, ok it might have been rapid but u can just tell with these things, cant mistake the noise of a v8.

twim
19-05-03, 11:53 PM
The insurance would be emence on one of those! I can imagine a couple of lafs down the phone!

Aragorn
20-05-03, 12:00 AM
hrm bloke on topgear said insurance dropped cos it can be classed as a kit car since soo much has been changed

blokes insurance went down from 1000 to like 350