PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose...

Dave.
15-08-10, 01:54 PM
Could do with some help here folks

Failed my test twice now :( but got my 3rd attempt coming up, however ive only got the funds to run one car atm (due to me being a 1st year apprentice)

So im going to keep my chicken chaser to get to work and back on as it goes all week on £5 :d , but i need to think what car i should drive around in of a night time or going out in my spare time etc.

The Nova ive had for longest and is my pride & joy, id love to drive it round every day because frankly theirs only one other i know if round this way and thats off the road, so it would be a real head turner, however i think if i use it every day and leave it on the drive then in a year it will be starting to show the signs of classical Nova age, it'll also most definatley try to be nicked as theirs alot of litttle chav scum around here

The Corsa on the other hand ive had for a year or so, ive spent near enough the same on it, leather seats, dvd player, just done the cambelt, really looks the part and alot of my mates seem to like it, however this wasnt going to be my first car (the Nova was) and its got 5 doors, so can guarantee ill become the dreaded "young taxi" for everyone, plus its got a bigger engine that the Nova so tis more to insure.

What to people reckon i should use? :thumb:

AlexW
15-08-10, 02:02 PM
sell the corsa, buy something cheaper, use that.

brainsnova
15-08-10, 02:02 PM
keep the chicken chaser and wreck the corsa and save the nova, simples

Connor
15-08-10, 02:22 PM
Sell the corsa and buy a good alarm system for the nova ;)

Alex J
15-08-10, 02:44 PM
buy a ford model t?

L33 LEG
15-08-10, 03:03 PM
I would drive the nova. Passing your test and the first year driving is a very exciting time imo and you may aswell use your pride and joy to enjoy it and also show it off to everyone. You also seem mature enough to know the limits and not stack it in the first week. If the condition starts to show its age then either swap insurance over to the corsa, or tidy it up as a next project for it.

Would be a shame to keep that nova away from the roads when you can have the chance to finally drive it.

draper
15-08-10, 03:04 PM
your having trouble deciding between a 5door bubble and a nova ? on a nova owners website ? and the car is only your 2nd car/toy ?

just hit alt + F4 imo lol

Adam
15-08-10, 03:32 PM
Are you sure the corsa is more to insure?

paul james
15-08-10, 04:30 PM
Don't let scum dictate what car you have, if you like the nova best then use that. Get an alarm/immobilser/steering lock, don't fill it full of eye catching speakers and the like. Besides, these days I expect a unarmed Corsa is as much of a target for thieves as a Nova.
If you've got a bike for everyday travelling, then you wont have to put tons of miles and wear on the nova.

vaughanmc
15-08-10, 04:48 PM
Use the Nova every day and get fun out of it mate - I'm on a 1st year apprentice wage and having a car to sit there just isn't an option lol I need it

Get the finger out and just use the Nova, you can always freshen it up every so often

scott.parker
15-08-10, 05:01 PM
sell the corsa.

SR-Rally
15-08-10, 05:10 PM
Deffinatly use the nova and enjoy. As already said the first year of driving is the best :)

scott.parker
15-08-10, 05:30 PM
Deffinatly use the nova and enjoy. As already said the first year of driving is the best :)

Then again... Store the nova, as in your first your you do have bumps and can crash! i wrote my first car off 8 months after my test, inexperienced and over confidence can got you caught out easily..

So the Corsa could be disposable..lol

Balley
15-08-10, 07:46 PM
Then again... Store the nova, as in your first your you do have bumps and can crash! i wrote my first car off 8 months after my test, inexperienced and over confidence can got you caught out easily..

So the Corsa could be disposable..lol

Pluss1

Don't write off a Nova like I did!

Alex J
15-08-10, 07:55 PM
scrap both and get a hondalol

claire6069
16-08-10, 10:47 AM
if you decided the nova would you sit there thinking i wish i was driving the corsa? of if you decided the corsa would you sit there thinking i wish i was driving the nova?

if you're worried about rot etc with the nova, talk to steve about keeping them anally clean lol seriously though, if rot is your worry, just look after it well and as soon as you see a blister, get it treated if you can afford it

gc_vaux
16-08-10, 10:54 AM
Insure the Nova fully comp ? with some policys you might be able to drive the corsa third party.. insurance are crackin down on that a bit tho so triple check it

Bubba
16-08-10, 11:12 AM
it would be easier to scrap the corsa ;)

Rysee
16-08-10, 11:23 AM
I'm glad my first car I had on the road wasn't a Nova. I wrote it off after 2 weeks 'cause of a silly mistake I was being sensible and got caught out due to inexperience.

When I got my Nova I'd ironed out a lot of the inexperience and realised to the Nova was easy to drive like a fool. If I'd had the Nova straight off my crash writing off two cars with nobody getting injured could have been very different

AlexW
16-08-10, 11:31 AM
Insure the Nova fully comp ? with some policys you might be able to drive the corsa third party.. insurance are crackin down on that a bit tho so triple check it

Most dont do that for under 21 year olds, and even then the corsa would have to be insured by the "owner" before kissy dave could drive it.

TBH tho, whatever you do your be funked as you have spent so much money on both cars. I just think a nova is a silly car to learn your limits/Learn how to drive in.

If it was me id store the nova, its not like it has been used much in the past few years anyway, sell the corsa and buy some cheap **** 1.0/1.2

gc_vaux
16-08-10, 11:50 AM
Most dont do that for under 21 year olds, and even then the corsa would have to be insured by the "owner" before kissy dave could drive it.

TBH tho, whatever you do your be funked as you have spent so much money on both cars. I just think a nova is a silly car to learn your limits/Learn how to drive in.

If it was me id store the nova, its not like it has been used much in the past few years anyway, sell the corsa and buy some cheap **** 1.0/1.2
Im 19. used to drive an xr2i and had a s1 106 xsi on the policy third party. no extra expense. was allowed upto a 1.4 third party aslong as it was all in my name. Just showed "comprehensive" on the policy i carried round when i was pulled and never had any problems but im sure it depends who the covers with. + insurance are getting stricter now and a lot have changed there policys.

Looked at the w.i.p for the nova and its not worth writing off. you'v owned it since you were 13 and clearly a lot of good works gone into it. i'd store it or sell it and use something else until your experience is better. a corsa's a corsa.. a nova is a dying breed. and we all have a crash/bump in our first cars. get a cheap learner once you're on the road you'l still be happy with it