PDA

View Full Version : Which Nova should i sell??

scott.parker
12-08-10, 06:21 PM
Right here's the basic gist..

If you don't know ive got 2 Novas (see sig for links to wips etc)
And as I'm not using either of them very much, no longer have a garage to store either of them in, have just bought another daily car "comfort and practical" i cant see me keeping both of them much longer, I'm starting to realise it's too much money to waste now I'm living in my own place with the missus, there both sat round at parents house doing nothing.. :cry:

[B]One car must go! YOU Decide [big brother style]

I cant keep them both on the road it's too much money to just waste.

Scott

vaughanmc
12-08-10, 06:22 PM
Get rid of the track car :)

MattBrown
12-08-10, 06:23 PM
Keep em both ya big queer.

If one has to go, sell the yellow one, you can purely have the other one as a track car, no tax mot ins etc:thumb:

scott.parker
12-08-10, 06:24 PM
Keep em both ya big queer.

If one has to go, sell the yellow one, you can purely have the other one as a track car, no tax mot ins etc:thumb:

No sold the Trailer this year as i dont want to do the hole trailer crap, cost just as much having a car to do it PROPERLY, and the 1.2 cost £300 all in for a years driving on the road..

scott.parker
12-08-10, 06:25 PM
Get rid of the track car :)

It's advertised for sale, i dont want to give it away, i think the price is a good one for what you get etc.

Scott

vaughanmc
12-08-10, 06:26 PM
Very true mate...Entirely up to you like but that's what I'd do

Keep the yellow one, it's too cool

Alex J
12-08-10, 06:26 PM
keep the track car, sounds like you have made up your mind anyway?:(

fastcar1cars
12-08-10, 06:27 PM
No sold the Trailer this year as i dont want to do the hole trailer crap, cost just as much having a car to do it PROPERLY, and the 1.2 cost £300 all in for a years driving on the road..

sounds like you have already made your descion

MK999
12-08-10, 06:28 PM
So you have a comfy daily, a retro daily, and a track weapon... the comfy daily to be used all the time, the track weapon to be used occasionally for fun, and the 80's retro daily to be used...? :p

Tommy_nova
12-08-10, 06:28 PM
which do you prefer scott,, there both mint but i think if you sold the track car you would miss the power and if you sold the little yellow beast you would miss its character of it its a hard one id just hand one to them , : /

Rich
12-08-10, 06:35 PM
keep the track car sell the yellow one, at the end of the day a nova is a crap car standard.

With an xe in much more fun going for a blast. If you were at the start of a nice drive down a country road, which would you pic?

You will get bored of the yellow one and want to xe it eventually

Sloth
12-08-10, 06:35 PM
build one out of both.....

peester
12-08-10, 06:55 PM
build one out of both.....

best answer i think..
youll miss the track cars performance, then find the yellow one too slow, boring..
sell track car or break it - put some performance into the yellow one..?

Mieran
12-08-10, 07:04 PM
I would sell the 1.2 and keep the XE for fun.

No point having the 1.2 if you've already got a daily.

Sloth
12-08-10, 07:08 PM
you could build a feature car out of both. ;0

vaughanmc
12-08-10, 07:08 PM
Would definately be a feature car if an XE was involved :)

Rich
12-08-10, 07:09 PM
does it matter if its a feature car? a car is meant to be driven lol

Sloth
12-08-10, 07:10 PM
you can drive a feature car dude.....

Alex J
12-08-10, 07:13 PM
sell both and start again?

Edd
12-08-10, 07:31 PM
IMO sell the track car, only thing with that is it's hard to sell a track car complete, and everybody knows it will be worth more sold in bits.

Mk1's are more desirable ATM and that will stay like that for a long time now IMO.

Sounds like you enjoy the track car for it's speed/ handling and prefer the look of the mk1.

Building something out of the two would be a option
if I were you.
Early SR rep ?
Bang the buckets in, brand new tailgate decal and early SR spoiler here if you wanted it, fit the xe etc.

IMO I wouldn't get rid of the mk1, shell looks very clean you would have trouble finding another like it unless you spend silly money.
Just my two pence worth.

Edd.

Mieran
12-08-10, 07:35 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7017/picture976small.jpg

MK2 looks much better and it'll be more fun, do the right thing and sell that old yellow thing lol

robertdevlin69
12-08-10, 07:51 PM
just sell the new astra

then you can go back to enjoying the two novas!

craig green
12-08-10, 08:25 PM
Sell the track car.
The only reason it hasnt gone IMO is because you have personalised the styling so much, thats to say I dont like it (infact I really like it) but it may not be to everyones tastes. failing that, break it.

By keeping the mk1, you'll have an appreciating asset, something retro to roll about in & keep you in the Nova scene aswell as a pukka base if you ever decide to build another project, no matter how tame or insane.

smcgsi16v
12-08-10, 08:41 PM
Get rid of the poverty spec horrible yellow thing and keep the orange beast.

Jack
12-08-10, 09:31 PM
If you really can't decide, advertise both and whichever sells first is the one that goes.

If it were me though, I'd keep the track car and ditch the yellow one. At the end of the day, a poverty spec Nova is crap. Prices are good for people who want "retro" standard cars, so you could get a respectable price before mileage/usage takes its toll.

Pistol Pete
12-08-10, 09:33 PM
Keep the track car IMO.

I do honestly think that fun/weekend cars are the future. Roads are way too over crowded these days, speed traps/cameras/coppers etc and the fact that track days are becoming popular, means that having a car to cane for fun is the way forward. You know it makes sense!!

paul james
12-08-10, 09:37 PM
I would keep the track car, as its very much your car with its unique styling. The Mk1 is worth money when its in excellent condition, which means not using it much to keep it that way - and lack of use is the problem here.

With a track car, you don't do track days all the time, so the lack of use is to be expected, and since its not standard anyway, theres still scope for playing around with it more without worrying about spoiling its authenticity.

Plug
12-08-10, 10:05 PM
Pm price for the yellow one mate :) need a new car

John
12-08-10, 10:07 PM
sell the track car imho scott.

scott.parker
12-08-10, 10:46 PM
Oh my life, see you lot are as confused on this one as me.... lol

Right Ive had an idea, im going to try to use both of them equally throughout the next few weeks months and see what i feel that way, as it stands i really do love them both as they both have there unique appeal.

Scott

SR-Rally
12-08-10, 11:21 PM
Keep the track car. You'l never be able to build one to it's spec and that looks as good for the price youl sell it for! For me there isn't much point in a standard nova :) just track or rally car is all their good for ;)

Rysee
12-08-10, 11:22 PM
Track car, it's cool but at the end of the day seeing the yellow one at the shows kind of says to me that's the one you want

Southie
12-08-10, 11:49 PM
Sell them both and have a break for a bit, then come back in 6 months and regret it and start your love all over again lol

Paul
12-08-10, 11:58 PM
Novas are crap as std. So its a no brainer in my eyes!

Jeff16v
13-08-10, 01:02 PM
Get rid of busby IMO. I really like the track one and it's slot more fun, you could always stick a bit more interior in to make it more bearable for daily use

scott.parker
13-08-10, 06:09 PM
It's all boiling down to money (or lack of it etc) and how much they coast to keep (sat on a drive) each year etc..

Worked it out earlier the yearly overheads are.

Track car : £875 OTR

Yellow 1.2: £357 OTR

Then there is the Astra : £580 OTR

So a total for all my cars is approximately £1812!

Frig i may as well have a EVO/or a Porsche boxer for that! lol

So............ My other thought's were.. IF i sold/broke the track car i would keep the yellow one and then make it into a FULL 1.3 SR replica with all the correct parts, keep it mint as a show car and use it on track some times also, see that could work??

Scott

MK999
13-08-10, 06:11 PM
So............ My other thought's were.. IF i sold/broke the track car i would keep the yellow one and then make it into a FULL 1.3 SR replica with all the correct parts, keep it mint as a show car and use it on track some times also, see that could work??

Mint show cars are never as much fun on track as you're afraid of dinging it etc, or binning it entirely, that's why simps got rid of his red turbo and now has (half of) a banged up saloon with a tasty looking dent.

JordyzNova
13-08-10, 06:14 PM
Mint show cars are never as much fun on track as you're afraid of dinging it etc, or binning it entirely, that's why simps got rid of his red turbo and now has (half of) a banged up saloon with a tasty looking dent.

agreed keep both imo . . . :thumb:

Lee
13-08-10, 06:15 PM
If it were me I would purely look at which of them is easier to replace.

The car youve spent years developing or the boggo standard car which could be bought again in the future (ok, not massively easy to find a nova of that standard but a damn site easier than building another track car).

If you add it all up, why is a saloon car with a trailer so much more money per annum than an Astra, and a taxed MOT'd and insured track car? I cant understand that part myself tbh lol

MK999
13-08-10, 06:19 PM
I cant understand that part myself tbh lol

I dont get the bit where he says a TB'd XE, a mk4 astra, and a recently resprayed mk1 cost £1800 a year in total when my 1.6/diesel have definitely cost more than that averaged over 2 :cry: lol

Lynsey
13-08-10, 06:26 PM
Ip dip dog **** you are not it... lol

Sorry that I can't be much help, I really like both so don't have a strong opinion. You're a winner either way :thumb:

scott.parker
13-08-10, 06:35 PM
I dont get the bit where he says a TB'd XE, a mk4 astra, and a recently resprayed mk1 cost £1800 a year in total when my 1.6/diesel have definitely cost more than that averaged over 2 :cry: lol

There the "overheads" NOT running/repairing cost, basics insure/mot/tax etc.

Lee i sold that trailor as we both know TBH it was utter **** (sorry Chris T no offense, he knows it was bad when he had it)
And the passat was never going to cut it etc, and as i dont want to sit a test and buy another GOOD trailer (£1400 minimum for that) and then i would need to buy a passat estate £2600 min for an OK one etc etc, i cant afford that, nor do i want to, or have the space for any of it, my olds are being nice enough letting me keep both the Nova's at there place tbf, so it's back to i keep them all on the road/drive or sell something... :(

Lee
13-08-10, 06:47 PM
There the "overheads" NOT running/repairing cost, basics insure/mot/tax etc.

Lee i sold that trailor as we both know TBH it was utter **** (sorry Chris T no offense, he knows it was bad when he had it)
And the passat was never going to cut it etc, and as i dont want to sit a test and buy another GOOD trailer (£1400 minimum for that) and then i would need to buy a passat estate £2600 min for an OK one etc etc, i cant afford that, nor do i want to, or have the space for any of it, my olds are being nice enough letting me keep both the Nova's at there place tbf, so it's back to i keep them all on the road/drive or sell something... :(

Yeah, that trailer was pants, the wheels were way too far back lol

TBH thats an overestimation if you really wanted to keep the track car. My trailer cost me £600 and it lasted 3 years and I sold it on for a profit. Then the tow car doesn't have to be nearly 3K's worth of passat, you could pick up a 2.0 Omega for half that.

And then after a year or two of not taxing and insuring the track car, both have nearly paid for themselves. Nova could be stored ON the trailer, so only taking up the room of one vehicle.

Obviously I dont know the ins and outs of the situation, but as i said originally, if you sell the 1.2, and then regret it, you will probably find a similar car come up in the future. if you sell the track car, do you think you'll ever have the oppertunity to own a car like that again?

I bitterly regret selling mine, and I needed the money badly. i didnt have the luxury of having another standard car to flog on.

Just think loooong and hard before you do it :)

mayhem
13-08-10, 06:54 PM
people sell mk2's for 2500.. so a resprayed mk1 can go for 4200.

but i'm glad it's you.. i cant decide whitch one to sell, i like both youre cars.

craig green
13-08-10, 07:38 PM
Another factor is that with something quick like the track car, when you havent given it a squirt for a while or driven anything slightly quick, you will really appreciate it when you get the chance.
Tbh if I had a go in something with 150bhp tomorrow I'd sh*t my pants. It's been that long!

Keep the track car.

MK999
13-08-10, 07:42 PM
Tbh if I had a go in something with 150bhp tomorrow I'd sh*t my pants. It's been that long!

Up a little bit :) This thing runs... 13.2 1/4's was it Scott? and more like 190ish? It's quick, I can verify this from my passenger dyno :d

craig green
13-08-10, 07:49 PM
What I'm getting at is that it is indeed quick, therfore once in a while when needed, it really will sh*t him up if required. Something the 1.2 & dare I say it, a 1.8 mk4 Astra SRi can't do to the same effect.

MK999
13-08-10, 07:51 PM
I am just agreeing to a greater extent lol Scotts track car is probably the reason mine is sat in pieces atm, with solid mounts sat waiting along with other nice bits, just waiting for a proper cage, because grabbing a passenger ride with Scott was a proper experience from the moment the key turned :)

scott.parker
13-08-10, 08:01 PM
I am just agreeing to a greater extent lol Scotts track car is probably the reason mine is sat in pieces atm, with solid mounts sat waiting along with other nice bits, just waiting for a proper cage, because grabbing a passenger ride with Scott was a proper experience from the moment the key turned :)

lol Cheers, 13.5's dude! :thumb:

And yeah it does, and always will do i dare say.. **** me up!:p

Also another reason not to drive it too much, as i need my license, and im sorry but theres not one person on here who's built a quick car who cants say that they do and will "drive" it when it's on the road, if you dont then you may as well have a 1.2!

MK999
13-08-10, 08:07 PM
Also another reason not to drive it too much, as i need my license, and im sorry but theres not one person on here who's built a quick car who cants say that they do and will "drive" it when it's on the road, if you dont then you may as well have a 1.2!

I actually used to kick the crap out of my 1.6, up to speed limits, as I was used to driving my 1.2i which you had to floor everywhere to keep up with traffic, it was not until I did my trip to uni in record time that I realised how quickly I was accelerating to save that much time purely on the 20-70 runs on a dual carriageway etc off of roundabouts lol Fact I turned up with a relatively dry tank helped me realise too :p The yellow mk1 I plan to drive daily during the summer, as I'm a bit nuts like that :) lol

Lee
14-08-10, 12:32 AM
lol Cheers, 13.5's dude! :thumb:

And yeah it does, and always will do i dare say.. **** me up!:p

Exactly why I took mine off the road in the first place lol

Hobbit
14-08-10, 03:56 AM
You think you have problems? I'm considering getting rid of my big comfy daily and buying another nova! :tard:

sport
14-08-10, 10:37 AM
I would keep the 1.2 and sell the track car profits from this make the 1.2 into an SR replica maybe with the irmscher injection, as standard 1.2 novas are cr@p.

scott.parker
14-08-10, 07:17 PM
Well Ive spoke to the missis she said she will learn to drive and will drive the 1.2, so that might help IF she does, if not the 1.2 will be the one going im afraid...

Scott

craig green
14-08-10, 07:21 PM
wouldnt that mean its likely to pick up the odd dent or scrape?

All girls should get a Metro city as a 1st car & prove they can make it survive (or have the license revoked) LOL

Paul
14-08-10, 07:26 PM
the 1.2 will be the one going im afraid...

GOOD.

craig green
14-08-10, 07:37 PM
LOL @ Paul.

scott.parker
14-08-10, 07:45 PM
Or should i strip they other down sell most parts and make a LET beast in the mk1??? lol lol lol

Paul
14-08-10, 07:49 PM
Or should i strip they other down sell most parts and make a LET beast in the mk1??? lol lol lol

No, lets do another PNG trackday and then you can kick that orange things teeth in.

bakerznova
21-08-10, 08:34 PM
deffo keep the mk1 jamica yellow
100%
:thumb: