PDA

View Full Version : Clutch just gone....release bearing?

bwilkie
12-08-10, 12:56 AM
Car was fine, then high rev change gear and the cable pops off the pedal when depressing.

Put the cable back on but pedal goes to the floor and doesnt feel like the clutch is disengaging.....it isnt...The clutch makes no noises at all however when the engine is running.

I had to get it home without a clutch.

I am due on the track in 2 days I need some major help here guys.

CLutch didnt seem worn at all. But how comes there is no noise from the clutch area when driving if something has gone? SUrely if it let go you would hear it?

The release arm only engages the clutch half way through its travel. Is it meant to engage as soon as you move it from the front of the car to the back?

Please help Thanks all.

bwilkie
12-08-10, 01:08 AM

nova_saloon
12-08-10, 01:09 AM
take the gearbox apart and find out. immediatly, iof the bearing had gone it would make an aweful grinding noise as it engages. but it make of just dug in a flung off. take of the inspection plate and have a look. what engine is it, because you may can just take of the back plate and drop the clutch out if needs be. crack out the haynes for better instructions!

bwilkie
12-08-10, 01:15 AM
F20 box on 20xe

nova_saloon
12-08-10, 01:17 AM
far as i am aware you will probs have to drop it to inspect it. the joys of having an xe nova! should be able to be done in a day though. its a pisser of a job

Mazz
12-08-10, 09:43 AM
Stretched cable maybe?

MattBrown
12-08-10, 09:50 AM
Adjust the cable right up.

For it to jump off, indicates a problem to me.

Try whipping the box out, and go from there:thumb:

Damo
12-08-10, 07:46 PM
Who fitted the XE? Did they/you mod the clutch cable exit when fitted as the XE manifold snaps the clutch cable casing after a bit if its not been modded and this maybe what your experiencing mate.

Andy
12-08-10, 07:49 PM
i say a snapped cable,or a snapped/spun fork

bwilkie
15-08-10, 01:47 PM
Hi guys, it was the clutch plate. Had shattered. Got a paddle made up for me on thursday and delievered on a pre 9am, clutch fitted and left Friday to Mallory park to give some cars a toasting.....1.0 4dr chassis with an XE......mmmmmm;)

Mazz
15-08-10, 07:08 PM
Good luck!

bwilkie
16-08-10, 09:29 AM
Clutch had shattered (Plate)

Got a paddle made for me on Thursday delievered Friday and then driven to Mallory for some track abuse!