PDA

View Full Version : Thats It

jatinder
15-05-03, 09:25 PM
Well I ve had enough of the nova so its going, soon as i fix the engine its for sale, probably going to get a punto or a corsa not to sure yet :(

Dave
15-05-03, 10:22 PM
you know you'll miss it when it's gone, don't do it!

mikeoxford
15-05-03, 10:33 PM
everyone has their down days

PLEASE change your mind!!!

or if u want to sell it to me with busted engine - ill but it as i have a bottom end here doing NOTHING :( and mated up to your car i could sell it :D

be a bit ironic that my bumper and brakes would come back to me!!!

email me at mikeoxford@hotmail.com if u want to sell without an engine bottom end.

jatinder
15-05-03, 11:45 PM
well it sort of good new what happened bascily, somthing went wrong with the gearlinkage making me put it in 1st instead of third at 50mph (i dont want to ever hear a noise like that again) it reved to something like 8-9k and ran on two cylinders, with the top of a follower haskbroken and the head needs replacing, coz it screwed the cam up. but im still thinking of selling the car by the end of this year. :cry: anyone know which heads can fit on my sri and anyone know of one going?

Dave
15-05-03, 11:50 PM
stay with the sri head, think sri heads are expensive as they have the bigger valves an are sort after for this reason

jatinder
15-05-03, 11:51 PM
i thought it was basicly the same as an astra 1.4.

Alex
16-05-03, 09:09 AM
come on lets be serious a Punto or a corsa. Are you getting the sex op to go with that?

Ben (lurk75)
16-05-03, 10:02 AM
The amount of times my Nova has been on its last chance.... i cant count.

Stick with it, we all get like that the mood will pass.

mikeoxford
16-05-03, 10:03 AM
The amount of times my Nova has been on its last chance.... i cant count.

Stick with it, we all get like that the mood will pass.

its a test :D

jatinder
16-05-03, 10:09 AM
it one long bloody test and its pissing me off, ive seemed to spend so much money and it still look shite and doesnt go very fast, i cant keep throwing money at her, ive got uni this year and need something reliable, and do you know the worst part was, breaking down outside college and every pointing as i got towed home :oops:

well ive sort of stopped think about selling her but if anything else goes wrong im afraid she will have to be sold :cry:

Well i need a seconhand head so im on the lokout for one anyone know what heads will fit on my car?

cornish
16-05-03, 11:50 AM
I have a 1.4SRi head for sale, PM me if your intertested :)

Anton
16-05-03, 12:33 PM
go for a corsa :D

Ben (lurk75)
16-05-03, 12:38 PM
Then you can join www.corsaload.net :lol:

Anton
16-05-03, 12:39 PM
your only jealous ben, because my engine works :roll:

jkhilton
16-05-03, 12:42 PM
I still miss my nova now and it has been 2 or 3 years since I last drove it!!! it was such a nice, fun car to drive and it barely cost anything to keep on the road.

I'm not sure if I would go back to another one again, mainly due to the fact that I would like something newer and faster, but if I ever get rich enough to have a garage big enough to hold a number of cars, then I would definately have another GSi alongside a nice old oval window beetle and a splitscreen camper van :)

Tilly
16-05-03, 01:08 PM
bigest mistake of ur life

Ben (lurk75)
16-05-03, 01:57 PM
your only jealous ben, because my engine works :roll:

nah it is quite good its not running as am getting loads done on it.

Anyway mine running or not is a Nova not a mobile hair salon! :lol: :lol:

wisewood
16-05-03, 03:02 PM
keep it!!!

you sell it you'll be gutted.
my two are complete wrecks and i still cant bring myself to part with them... and the black sr i had that i sold coz i needed the money, i still cry myself to sleep about that one!!!

jatinder
16-05-03, 03:49 PM
well im going to buy a camshaft kit for ?100 notes from autovaux should be fine once its in. still want to get something newer like a corsa or punto there not that bad really, probably going for a yellow punto GT or corsa gsi

ade
18-05-03, 11:32 AM
lol Ant - make yer mind up!

One minute you h8 the corsa then you want another Nova etc etc...

Jatinder - stick with it. Trust me you CANT get any more out of luck with cars than what I've had.

My car aint run right since fecking January - had 2 engines and nopw had carb probs!

At least you can drop in another engine. Just get a 1400.

If the bodies mint why throw money at another second hand car? OK it might have less mileage on it but its still second hand = cant guarantee what its been though

And getting a new car - welcome to the world of hire purchase (bad) unless youre loaded - in which case spend the dosh on a decent engine!

Ade

Ben (lurk75)
18-05-03, 11:47 AM
My car aint run right since fecking January - had 2 engines and nopw had carb probs!

ahh hum :!:

:cry: :roll: :?