PDA

View Full Version : Courtenay 1300 Turbo Engine With Irmscher Injection

cornish
11-08-10, 04:52 PM
Bought this a couple of months ago with the intention of rebuilding but just acquired a new project so this must go. Original advert below from when i purchased:

Description
Had this for a while sitting in the unit so have decided to sell up as its just sitting there doing nowt.

Basic spec: 1300SR lump, low comp pistons (unknown make, approx 8:1 comp ratio)
Courtney turbo exhaust manifold (cast item) with some sort of turbo flange conversion plate bolted to it
Unknown make turbo (I could find out, but its dark outside), turbo needs a rebuild - 2mm on side-to-side play and smoked like a chimney last time it was started.
Genuine Nova Sport Irmscher multi-point fuel injection inlet with all gubbins (fuel injectors, TB, pipework, ICV, loom, ECU, AFM)

Most of the boost pipework was robbed for my Nova project so you will need to get your own (I was using S/S 2" with appropriate samcos and an FMIC)
Also courtney used some sort of boost switch wiring into the throttle position switch to increase fuelling (which it really didn't), I removed this (repairing the butchered loom) and fitted a raising rate FPR which was better.

The FPR did break though (cheapy unit rusted internally ) so it's not included.

So to make this engine work you will need:
Turbo rebuild or replacement turbo
Some boost pipework
Some sort of extra fueling for turbo boost

Engine has been dry stored for 2 years since it was last used, turns over fine by hand and engine is still making compression fine.

Engine is exactly as i bought it, pics available if needed but will not be until friday. £350, which is how much i paid originally paid for it.

Collection prefered but could deliver anywhere up the M5 to Bristol but please contact me regarding this.

Any questions please ask.

Edd
11-08-10, 05:07 PM
mate, i will take that off your hands for sure

ill pm you later when im home

Edd.

cornish
11-08-10, 05:25 PM
No probs, i was going to PM you first as i understand you were interested originally. Will await PM.

deanwilko
11-08-10, 06:58 PM
hi interested aswell please pm me if edd doesnt have it

thanks dean

Tommy_nova
21-08-10, 03:24 AM
Still got this fella ?

Southie
21-08-10, 07:32 AM
Sold to Edd mate.