PDA

View Full Version : Gym

swedge
09-08-10, 09:20 PM
Any members on here go to the gym regularly?

My mates go all the time and I'm gonna join at the end of the month

they also take those energy shakes with creatine n other stuff in it

do they actualy do anything or just a load of bull

I'm 6ft1 and only 10 and a half stone don't laugh I've always been skinny but I eat like a horse I'm not wanting to be another arnie but just really to put some weight on

Andy
09-08-10, 09:25 PM
Im going back this week,to a new gym.I love going but just dont have the time.Im aiming to lose some fat lol
Hard at the ephidrine and cardio for me!!!

NovaLad
09-08-10, 09:42 PM
theres a gym thread i made already mate.

Andy
09-08-10, 09:43 PM
yeah? well i made one before that lol

brainsnova
09-08-10, 09:45 PM
just start with axle stands and some scafolding boards then bench press a nova rear axle lol

Rich
09-08-10, 09:50 PM
Thought the idea was to lose weight to make the nova go faster?

swedge
09-08-10, 09:52 PM
Yeah but being 6ft1 and 10 n a half stone isn't the best lol

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 09:56 PM
I'm 6ft1 and only 10 and a half stone don't laugh I've always been skinny but I eat like a horse I'm not wanting to be another arnie but just really to put some weight on

sounds like my cousin lol

I have never been to a gym, i prefered rugby training twice a week cos i just cant get the motivation to do weights and such. Broke my ankle badly at start of year so am still limited to cycling and a bit of a kickabout with mates but cant wait to get back into rugby.

Training is 1 and a half hours twice a week, plus a game on a Saturday and within 3 weeks you will already feel the fitness gains and improvements in muscle tone and strength. Anyone who can go the gym after that lot is a machine lol

I'm 6 foot 3 and weigh 16 stone but have put weight on with not being able to exercise for nearly 6 months. I put muscle bulk on very easily but also put fat on easily :( beer doesnt help!! lol

swedge
09-08-10, 10:01 PM
The thing is I couldn't get fat if I tried lol I eat like a horse and never put weight on so hopefully the gym will

Pistol Pete
09-08-10, 10:08 PM
The thing is I couldn't get fat if I tried lol I eat like a horse and never put weight on so hopefully the gym will

I am the same. Have hit the gym/shakes/internet.....etc.

IIRC we are known as hard gainers. Fast metabolism FTL. Shakes can help, BUT diet and a good training programme is key. Not so much cardio, more weight based training is probably best. Also you will have to work at it. It wont happen over night!

I found that keeping track of things made the progress seem more real. Measurements of biceps, chest etc.

wwmnw
09-08-10, 10:08 PM
Im going back this week,to a new gym.I love going but just dont have the time.Im aiming to lose some fat lol
Hard at the ephidrine and cardio for me!!!

ECA stacks rock :cool: lovely feeling they give you, just a shame I don't sleep when doing them :(

Andy
09-08-10, 10:12 PM
ECA stacks rock :cool: lovely feeling they give you, just a shame I don't sleep when doing them :(
A speed type feeling i take it?
Ephidrine just drain me just lately,im after summat new to be fair

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 10:15 PM
Tramadol are good apparently lol i think thats what im thinking of

wwmnw
09-08-10, 10:21 PM
A speed type feeling i take it?
Ephidrine just drain me just lately,im after summat new to be fair

Tingly head, a bit more energy but that could be due to the fact you take them with an energy drink (Say 5 tabs - 1 can of red bull) and wide awake, I once didn't sleep for 22 hours, that wasn't so funny.

Tramadol are good apparently lol i think thats what im thinking of

Tramadol as in the pain killer that makes you drowsy?

Alex J
09-08-10, 10:21 PM
when i go to the gym, i go to the sports bar and drink beerlol

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 10:22 PM
Tingly head, a bit more energy but that could be due to the fact you take them with an energy drink (Say 5 tabs - 1 can of red bull) and wide awake, I once didn't sleep for 22 hours, that wasn't so funny.

Tramadol as in the pain killer that makes you drowsy?

sounded like Tramadol :confused: **** knows lol, milkman i used to work for has been taking them lol says he is buzzing off his tits and getting round done in half the time

swedge
09-08-10, 10:25 PM
Haha am not really thinking about pills tbh the shakes sound ok though my mate says thier like sand in them lol

Pistol Pete
09-08-10, 10:26 PM
Get a cheap blender and make your own!!

Milk, banana, oats, peanut butter, honey, protein powder...yum!

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 10:27 PM
i dont bother with any pills, shakes or supplements. I find that eating the right foods has just as many benefits if not more, plus you actually enjoy eating it!! Tuna, pasta, milk etc

wwmnw
09-08-10, 10:36 PM
I feel sick if I have milk by its self, weird.

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 10:39 PM
i quite often have a pint at at time, lovely stuff except makes your breath smell like you have been licking a dogs **** lol

swedge
09-08-10, 10:43 PM
Haha the shakes sound ok I was told stuff like tuna pasta chicken and potatoes are good

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 10:46 PM
yes they are, any good diet with plenty of protein and carbs is more than good enough in my eyes, just regulate your portions accordingly

Jack
09-08-10, 11:29 PM
sounded like Tramadol :confused: **** knows lol, milkman i used to work for has been taking them lol says he is buzzing off his tits and getting round done in half the time
I can tell you now, Tramadol will knock you out lol

I've recently started going back to the gym in June after about 9 months off. Gotten rather unfit, so I'm doing only CV stuff at the mo and mostly limited to the cycles due to my scars. Put a little bit of weight back on doing stuff :(

svlet
10-08-10, 12:21 AM
i go to the gym 5 times a week take sat and sun off for rest and muscle recovery are u just looking to put weight on or actully wanting to get biger and more muscular ?

blue_peg_16v
10-08-10, 08:55 AM
gyms are just not right real men tell there mrs there off the gym and go the pub, im currently building my right bicep with repetative curls lifting a pint pot