PDA

View Full Version : Water leaking in boot :(

adam2472
15-05-03, 07:50 PM
i gota false mdf floor at the mo which is bolted to the bottom of the boot with 2 bolts... one of the bolts is on the left side and comes out right next to exhaust back box.. and somehow watter is getting in here!

i didnt think this was going to be a problem when i made the holes as i thought no water would be able to make it up this far.. ive only just noticed it.. as its been p**sin with rain all day :( i was planing on finishing me install today but will probs now do it tommorow hopefully..

what can i use to stop this water getting in.. i thought maybe some kinda sealer all around the bolt at the bottom of the car were it seems to be gettin in.. what can i use and has nebody had this kinda problem befor??

mikeoxford
15-05-03, 08:06 PM
water doesent rise

it falls

it MAY get through but i doubt it, try sealant as u say

then check around the corresponding corner rear light cluster, it cud be leaking from there, if on the passenger side it cud be leaking from the s shape tube at the top of the tailgate (which splits)

adam2472
15-05-03, 08:13 PM
water doesent rise

it falls

it MAY get through but i doubt it, try sealant as u say

thats exactly what i thought but im preety sure its from the bolt as around it all the wood is darker were the water has soaked into the MDF..

mikeoxford
15-05-03, 08:16 PM
wheres the bolt though? i seriously would check for holes around or rust around the bolt, or other places, as it could get in yes, but i wudnt have thought that easily......

where is the bolt?

adam2472
15-05-03, 08:29 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forums/album_see.php?id=905

the bolts are roughly were the red cross's r.. the one on the left is the one which appears to be lettin the water in..

epo
15-05-03, 08:32 PM
u havent got a rear windscreen bottle in the boot i know novas dont come with em but just a thought and wait till its dried out and seal it well wiv silicon sealent stuff sticks like shite 2 a blanket
epo :twisted:

adam2472
15-05-03, 08:38 PM
nop no windscreen bottle.

not even got a rear windscreen wiper :wink:

beckgte
15-05-03, 08:58 PM
constant driving in the rain could allow the water to soak up through the boot floor i had this on my last nova i had thats only if the boot floor is rusty

novaboy_southwest
16-05-03, 12:27 AM
bit of advise if its mdf you have used for the floor replace it mdf is nasty when wet as it compressed cardboard and hates water and after a while will look tatty and stink

Dicko
16-05-03, 10:45 AM
if you drive in the raint its possible for water to be splashing up there, but cant see how its getting as in much as u say if ther bolt hole is the right size, silicon seal it then check inside the little bit up the corner where your lights go, usaly gets wet in there if there leaking

burgo
16-05-03, 02:36 PM
try usin ur rear washer and see if ne water apears then if it does its cos ya pipe is buggered so disconnect the rear washer motor and pull the pipe threw thats wot ive done with me m8s car as his pipe was fecked

ade
18-05-03, 12:11 PM
its either

1 - water seeping up through the screw check uynder boot
2 - the rear wheel plug or the plugs on each coprner under the lights are missing and waters finding its way in and runnig into the boot
3 - the rubber seal from the top part of the hatch is leaking ot ripped and water is running down or dripping (but then you would see the water damage of mdf)
4 - you used rusty screws to start with and forgot!