View Full Version : GTE track / race car

teej
09-08-10, 03:35 PM
Car Make: Vauxhall
Car Model: Nova GTE
Engine Size: 1600 8v
Registration Year: '89 G

Description:

Vauxhall Nova GTE, in black. Race prepared, though hasn't competed in 3 years, due to career change, house move, small child and general lack of budget!

The engine is a mildly tuned 1600 8v on twin 40s - according to the previous owner it was built by Neil Roper just before I bought it, so has done minimal mileage. Recent new plugs, oil change and carb set-up by "The Steve's" at Track and Road, Rainham - making 130bhp on their rollers.

Last summer it was recommissioned and MOT'd after standing (regular started) for a couple of years.

Suspension is GAZ Gold (nearly £1000 new, and has maybe 100 miles on it), spring rates as per Dave at Gaz (2 x sets, for both trackday tyres and slicks) with adjustable top mounts, all set up by Shepherd Motors (750MC Stock and Hot Hatch Championship winners). Brakes are 256mm Astra GTE 16v, but I can supply a 288mm Vectra V6 set-up if required. 15x7 Speedline wheels with pretty fresh 888s, and 15x7 TSWs with worn AO48s.

Interior is stripped, bolt in OMP cage with two bucket seats and harnesses - drivers harness is Ricco, and is in date for circuit racing, all cut-offs and extinguishers needed for circuit racing. The car weighs around 740kg with all steel panels and glass. I have new front wings being sprayed at the moment as the current ones are tatty, and the side-skirts are also being resprayed.

Bad points - the car is a little rough around the edges; it's had a past as a road rally car, and it's a 20 year-old Vauxhall! It's missing the n/s wing mirror (this isn't an MOT fail), the rev counter doesn't work (I have a stand-alone spare you can wire in if you like)

This would make an ideal starter race car, or could be used for trackdays, road or stage rallies, or just as a fun fast road car - the insurance is less than £250 all mods declared and with zero ncb and some points. There's plenty of potential in both the car and the engine - I did a trackday in it last week to check it out and it ran well and handled very nicely in both the dry and the wet. I think I also have a couple of boxes of Nova spares, including another set of suspension, brake pads and discs, and probably a whole load of stuff I've forgotten.

Reason for sale - small child, wedding next year, no time or money for racing or trackdays!

Price: I'm open to sensible offers, but would like to get around £2495.
Location: South Essex, between Thurrock and Basildon; 10 mins from the Dartford crossing.
Contact Details: PM, or call 07886344194

Pictures:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/ehren14/Photo0210.jpg
link removed

teej
04-02-11, 06:15 PM
I haven't had anytime at all to use this (or even go beyond looking at it when I get something from the garage) over the last 6 months, so I really should sell it, as I don't think circumstances will change in the foreseeable future.

Spec is as original post. Price is dropped to £1750, although I'd be happy to negotiate around that depending on what parts the buyer wanted (or didn't want) with it.

It would be ideal for someone who can spend a little bit of time getting it back in order (it might not need anything for an MOT, but I simply don't have time to find out), for someone who has a good shell and wants the mechanical bits, or for someone to break.

Any questions, just ask!
Tim

teej
05-04-11, 04:07 PM
Bumping this up again. Open to sensible offers.

teej
08-04-11, 08:55 PM
Would anyone be interested in the engine, suspension or rollcage on their own?

Pics here of the car and cage, I don't have pics of the suspension as it's on the car! http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/ehren14/Nova%20and%20other%20bits/

twin40s
09-04-11, 11:30 AM
how much is the suspension? pm me

teej
09-04-11, 10:15 PM
If someone wanted the car as it is (with cage and engine still in it) but less the suspension (swapped for some fast road stuff, probably spax), seats, harnesses, and wheels, I'd take £600. Basically, the cost of the engine and the cage, plus a load of other free bits chucked in. You'd have to bring a trailer and some steelies.