PDA

View Full Version : newbie

svlet
09-08-10, 03:07 PM
thought id stop creeping about and finally make some posts dont yet have a nova but will be buying a mk1 saloon at some point in the close future as im only 17 i will be waiting till i pass my test also i will be posting a for sale thred today or tomorro sor a silkviolet gsi with a c20let in it just got to get pictures and paper work.
ps. how much would the average c20xe conversion be to a mk1 saloon i no a man who will do it just dont no what kinda price is a good one i fully trust him as a machanic to do the job as he has a 500+bhp corsa let ???

thankx for reading sorry for any spelling mistakes made

Stuart
09-08-10, 03:12 PM
Welcome

mowgli
09-08-10, 03:12 PM
welcome.

Southie
09-08-10, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the Asylum.

G-nova
09-08-10, 03:16 PM
hello and welcome mate

Sloth
09-08-10, 03:20 PM
hmmm.

wlecome. i'll leave this for others. but i am suprised at you stu..... ;)

Danny s-p
09-08-10, 03:22 PM
welcome

Stuart
09-08-10, 03:23 PM
spazzy typing aside, there is minimal text type (and he did appologise lol )

I'm feeling nice, things might change tomorrow and anything might just tip me over the edge

Hobbit
09-08-10, 03:36 PM
Welcome along

Alex J
09-08-10, 03:47 PM
500+ bhp let:wtf:

Hoochie
09-08-10, 03:51 PM
Hello and welcome to the loony bin!....:d :thumb:

L33 LEG
09-08-10, 03:52 PM
Welcome.

If i was you, i would consider doing the conversion yourself and learning on your way. Yes it'll take a bit longer but you will have to wait a bit before being able to insure it anyway.

svlet
09-08-10, 04:34 PM
alex maris it is over 500bhp its a true monster hes looking to get it mot'd soon

l33 leg for some odd reson my insurance is messed up due to the fact i can insure any car pritty much and its cheap cheap dont ask me why they must be making a mistake at thier end . are convrsions hard to do due to the fact i have only ever taken an engine out of a nissan pulsar and never had to put it back in i have little machanical know how?

Angus Closier
09-08-10, 04:45 PM
alex maris it is over 500bhp its a true monster hes looking to get it mot'd soon

l33 leg for some odd reson my insurance is messed up due to the fact i can insure any car pritty much and its cheap cheap dont ask me why they must be making a mistake at thier end . are convrsions hard to do due to the fact i have only ever taken an engine out of a nissan pulsar and never had to put it back in i have little machanical know how?

Hmmm when they get it right and stop making mistakes they will bum rape you for it.

However if you want to do it fine, the things you may slip up on would be the likes of the welding/wireing/altenator cut out (or pikey bash out) etc

Some companys do a drive in drive out for a sensible price if you have no knowledge at all.

where are you located?

L33 LEG
09-08-10, 05:04 PM

So you have rang them up and told them about a conversion and its still cheap? hmm, fair enough then :wtf:

svlet
09-08-10, 05:06 PM
Hmmm when they get it right and stop making mistakes they will bum rape you for it.

However if you want to do it fine, the things you may slip up on would be the likes of the welding/wireing/altenator cut out (or pikey bash out) etc

Some companys do a drive in drive out for a sensible price if you have no knowledge at all.

where are you located? montrose in scotland and untill they get it right i aint going to tell them i aint tht bad at welding but the wiring would be scary lol

and thanks every one for the welcoms

mowgli
09-08-10, 05:07 PM
trust me on this... the wiring is the easy bit

Angus Closier
09-08-10, 05:08 PM
montrose in scotland and untill they get it right i aint going to tell them i aint tht bad at welding but the wiring would be scary lol

and thanks every one for the welcoms

Could also then make your insurance invalid?? Not a good idea any age let alone driving a nova at 17. The police would be all over you.

Wiring is not that hard if you have the diagram and this forum to help you out. Wouldnt take much work tbh most of it is done you just swap it over to the nova and adjust slightly.:thumb:

Stuart
09-08-10, 05:12 PM
And now you get a polite warning about text typing/clearly dropping letters from words (typos are one thing)

svlet
09-08-10, 05:14 PM
the police hate me anyways and thier stupid they are going to pull me over no matter what am driving and thanks i thought the wiring would be crazyly complicated lol

just to make sure people know i might only be 17 but i do not want to put a big body kit on a nova especially a mk1 they look the best just thought id stop anyone thinking that all young boys want to do this to a nova

svlet
09-08-10, 05:21 PM
And now you get a polite warning about text typing/clearly dropping letters from words (typos are one thing) you couldnot have a quick look over my advert for a silk violet c20let and make sure its fine could you its in the for sales section already thanks

svlet
09-08-10, 05:23 PM
So you have rang them up and told them about a conversion and its still cheap? hmm, fair enough then :wtf: i can insure a subaru inmpreza wrx for £862.11 is that cheap enought

kik
09-08-10, 05:29 PM
17 and from montrose says it all to be honest

forgot to say welcome along

moffat
09-08-10, 05:30 PM
welcome, another scottish member

Angus Closier
09-08-10, 05:33 PM
the police hate me anyways and thier stupid they are going to pull me over no matter what am driving and thanks i thought the wiring would be crazyly complicated lol

just to make sure people know i might only be 17 but i do not want to put a big body kit on a nova especially a mk1 they look the best just thought id stop anyone thinking that all young boys want to do this to a nova

They will hate you even more, along with lots of people on this forum if its not insured correctly keep it to yourself on here:thumb:

Id rather you had a body kit at 17 than a valver. At least the only thing you can damage with a body kit is my eyes..lol

svlet
09-08-10, 05:42 PM
thanks from the 2 people from scotland and it is properly insured they have just messed up at thier end and i gatherd the fact some people on hear stick to the law very well and hate people crossing it

Angus Closier
09-08-10, 05:44 PM
thanks from the 2 people from scotland and it is properly insured they have just messed up at thier end and i gatherd the fact some people on hear stick to the law very well and hate people crossing it

Hmm it dont go down well. Just be careful as I dont doubt they would try to stick it on you rather than them making a mistake.:thumb:

svlet
09-08-10, 05:48 PM
Hmm it dont go down well. Just be careful as I dont doubt they would try to stick it on you rather than them making a mistake.:thumb:this is why i get my dad to phone up so that its recorded lol they cant argue with that :thumb:

markc20xe
09-08-10, 05:50 PM
welcome along mate

svlet
09-08-10, 05:53 PM
welcome along mate thanks alot mate

kik
09-08-10, 05:58 PM
yeah and dont you just love the wee boys that come on shouting this sort of stuff and dont reliese that the police like to red all the big forums lol

Graeme
09-08-10, 06:01 PM
Bienvenida

mowgli
09-08-10, 06:03 PM
don't worry too much about us, the ones of us who have been on here for a long time have had to deal with some very dodgy stuff that people have posted on here... the nova had such a bad reputation that has taken years to try & put right that we have a low opinion of illegal stuff posted on here.. we do take the piss massively & enjoy the craic, but we try to help people with their cars. another nova being used is what we want to see. do what you want with your car, you will be the owner.

svlet
09-08-10, 06:16 PM
don't worry too much about us, the ones of us who have been on here for a long time have had to deal with some very dodgy stuff that people have posted on here... the nova had such a bad reputation that has taken years to try & put right that we have a low opinion of illegal stuff posted on here.. we do take the piss massively & enjoy the craic, but we try to help people with their cars. another nova being used is what we want to see. do what you want with your car, you will be the owner. thanks alot mate the bad rep will eventially ware off lol i should not look quite as chavish due to the fact i want a loon lol

claire6069
09-08-10, 08:44 PM
welcome to the madhouse!

mk1nova_rich
09-08-10, 11:14 PM
welcome and good luck with getting a Mk1 :) give it a couple of years before the XE. It is a good idea to build up your mechanical knowledge first as no doubt it will give you trouble

novaload1992
09-08-10, 11:41 PM
welcome

svlet
10-08-10, 01:27 PM
wooo just got a job and start tomorro and iv seen a mk1 loon for 550 i think it will be mine soon enought .

amz
10-08-10, 03:08 PM
welcome, yay a member not far from me.

taffnova
10-08-10, 09:28 PM
welcome

dougie_boi
11-08-10, 09:32 AM
welcome aboard

svlet
11-08-10, 05:56 PM
welcome, yay a member not far from me.aryt mate did u or do u have a 4 door saloon?

Pete
11-08-10, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the forum buddy
give it a few years before an XE or LET tho, if you driving it, the last thing you want to be worrying about is that the engine aint fitted properly lol

bainyboy sr
11-08-10, 07:37 PM
:tosser:

svlet
11-08-10, 07:56 PM
Welcome to the forum buddy
give it a few years before an XE or LET tho, if you driving it, the last thing you want to be worrying about is that the engine aint fitted properly lolye i have seen some pritty bad conversions my mate bought a corse with a let in it and bye the time he drove it 15 miles back home it was only in buy one engine mount and other things in the way lol

Cle
11-08-10, 08:07 PM
:tosser:

lol nice welcome there.

Welcome along mate, As others have said the best way to do a conversion is do it yourself or have someone there that no's what there doing to help you, Tbh honest you dont need a Xe at 17 a 1.6 out a corsa sport would be plenty for driving for a few years. I had a 1.4sri engine in my old one. Good to see another scottish member :thumb:

svlet
11-08-10, 08:44 PM
lol nice welcome there.

Welcome along mate, As others have said the best way to do a conversion is do it yourself or have someone there that no's what there doing to help you, Tbh honest you dont need a Xe at 17 a 1.6 out a corsa sport would be plenty for driving for a few years. I had a 1.4sri engine in my old one. Good to see another scottish member :thumb: thanks for the welcome only reason i wat a redtop in it is so that i can then focus on getting the car mint wont have to worry about a conversion on tht just getting the shell good plus i like the brute power and simplicity of them

theythinkitsallnova
11-08-10, 09:54 PM
welcome along mate.

are you heading to knockhill next weekend? should be a good day.

Pistol Pete
11-08-10, 10:11 PM
Hello and welcome.

svlet
11-08-10, 11:19 PM
welcome along mate.

are you heading to knockhill next weekend? should be a good day.i might if i can get my mate to take his nova or his yellow m3 u might have seen it before it got put in to the tyres on the skid pan last time lol and thanks for the welcom

amz
11-08-10, 11:39 PM
aryt mate did u or do u have a 4 door saloon?

well my bf had one and my big bro had one aswell so could of been one of them. ive never owned a loon, just hatch

svlet
11-08-10, 11:43 PM
it was up for sale about 2 weeks ago are u still looking for a turbo engine i think i know a boy who should have a couple will find out if u want

Stuart
12-08-10, 08:47 AM
Would you like just one last chance on the text typing front before a 4 week sin binning....