PDA

View Full Version : lol...

Pete
07-08-10, 09:39 PM
Some lad on this forum bumped a thread that hadn't been posted on since end of 2008 to tell people that his car that was for sale in 2008 is still sitting on his drive to this date now,
i said what was the point of bumping a totaly irrelevant (sp) post to tell people that "she's still sat on the drive"
anyway i wasnt the only person who thought it was a stupid bump as a admin or mod closed the thread and deleted it. good chap sent me a messege, thats a first for me :)

His username is Pash

Hello Pete

Thank you very much for getting the thread closed!

I'm not that bothered about your honest opinion really and it doesn't matter now anyway does it?

At 17 years of age I was out building a Nova'a into rally cars not wasting my time on forums getting other forum users threads closed down. I've been rallying Novas for longer than you've been alive.

I presume you won't give a tiny rats **** about that fact so I won't go on about it only to once agian let you know I don't really give a monkeys about your opinions until you get in my way again.

This is a public forum for all people with a love of Nova's.I am one of those people as I'm sure you are.
Don't make the mistake of turning into a pillock like so many others on this and many other forums.

My father give me some very sound advice that I will pass on to you:-
"If you can't say anything nice... don't say anything at all!"
Take it or leave it but in future leave me alone.

Thank you in advance for your understand on this matter.

Kind regards
Richard Pashley

Benn
07-08-10, 09:41 PM
Think you up set him.

Hobbit
07-08-10, 10:02 PM
This is a public forum for all people with a love of Nova's.Kind regards
Richard Pashley

Uh oh, better ban Jack then lol

Alex J
07-08-10, 10:15 PM
worst forsale thread ever, to me it read, "ive got a nova for sale on my drive" and that is it, what use is that to anyone!:confused:

Pete
07-08-10, 10:31 PM
yeah lol, his original post was "shes still sat on my drive" which was posted in November 2008, and he bumped it a few days ago saying "Shes still sat on the drive"
was completely pointless and i said it to him and thats the messege he sent me, so i told him to read the rules regarding number 13...
good deed done lol

robertdevlin69
07-08-10, 11:18 PM
so what????
the bloke couldn sell his car in 08 whats stopping him from tryin to sell it now

i wouldn bother making a new thread to sell a car if one already exsited

Pete
08-08-10, 12:16 PM
so what????
the bloke couldn sell his car in 08 whats stopping him from tryin to sell it now

i wouldn bother making a new thread to sell a car if one already exsited

no mate ur missing the point, he didn't have a price,spec,pictures or anything like that
so he bumped a pointless thread which is against the forum rules....

check them before commenting things like that buddy :thumb:

Sturge
08-08-10, 12:23 PM
no mate ur missing the point, he didn't have a price,spec,pictures or anything like that
so he bumped a pointless thread which is against the forum rules....

check them before commenting things like that buddy :thumb:

How was he meant to know that, you just said he'd bumped an old for sale thread!

And we can't check the thread in question as you said it's been deleted.

If the car's still for sale 2 years on the thread, however old, isn't irrelevant or pointless

So being smart about it makes you look quite the opposite imo :)

Pete
08-08-10, 12:27 PM
lol
if you read my post's it actually says, his original thread said "shes stills at on the drive" which was from 2008, his one from this year said pretty much the same thing, so tell me what the point in that was? when theres no price,pics,spec?

Sturge
08-08-10, 12:35 PM
I think you should re read it.

You didn't say he hadn't put any of that. I read it as if the last post had been it's still sat on his drive, which is a perfectly acceptable bump, then to do it again 2 years later when the car's back up for sale is fine.

So like I said, you're trying to make yourself look clever and put others down when only half the information's there.

Makes you look like the pillock he suggested. And clearly I'm not the only one that took it that way :)

Alex J
08-08-10, 12:43 PM
I think you should re read it.

You didn't say he hadn't put any of that. I read it as if the last post had been it's still sat on his drive, which is a perfectly acceptable bump, then to do it again 2 years later when the car's back up for sale is fine.

So like I said, you're trying to make yourself look clever and put others down when only half the information's there.

Makes you look like the pillock he suggested. And clearly I'm not the only one that took it that way :)i posted what he put, did you read that? :confused:

maddogdaz666
08-08-10, 12:46 PM
+ rep sturge

Connor
08-08-10, 12:50 PM
Worst thread of the year goes too.............

Alex J
08-08-10, 12:56 PM
Worst thread of the year goes too.............thats my quote!!!!!!!!lol

Dan
08-08-10, 01:16 PM
right, the thread " Nova 1.2 merit '88 F plate white (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1645239#post1645239)" opening post from 2008 says.....

Staying on the drive!

Which was edited to that on 15/11/08 so i presume he just gave up trying to sell

in 2010 he bumped the thread saying

still on the drive!

pete just queried the thread as the title only says the model of car, thats it

why have you posted on a thread that aint been posted on since end of 2008 to tell people that your car is still sat on the drive? :tard::confused:

the respone from the thread op was..........

Because she's still sat on the drive!
She'll either get prep'd to the level I wish by me or she will have to be sold on.
I've also renewed old posts in parts wanted to see if I can aquire the parts needed to prep her.
If I don't find anything then I will update this thread with current spec. details, pictures and price.
Now that I've got this thread back to the top I now (1) know where it is and (2) have started to generate interest in her, as you have proved by posting your interest to my latest post.
Watch this space.....!!!

RIGHT THEN

alas this was not my doing, but what you see above are the details in the thread to sell a car, nothing more nothing less. So if anyone would like to pm me the bit where the condition, actual spec, the pictures of the car in question and let me know the price then please do, as all i can see is a guy telling people its on his drive.

I know all of my requests are not in the rules but some are :thumb: (awaiting pm's from those with such great memory lol)

Alex J
08-08-10, 01:24 PM
+1 lol

paddy138
08-08-10, 01:31 PM
so point being dont be posting irrelevant stuff like pete was, and the club wont loose anymore nova fans, i agree 100% with what the fella wrote to you in the pm

brainsnova
08-08-10, 01:32 PM
atleast he has generated some interest lol

Dan
08-08-10, 01:36 PM
so point being dont be posting irrelevant stuff like pete was, and the club wont loose anymore nova fans, i agree 100% with what the fella wrote to you in the pm

lol lol forget him and the fella that sent the pm, read my quotes and tell me where the details are to sell a car, then explain to me how you think the guy is justified to complain his post was removed, that was selling a car in the cars for sale section.

paddy138
08-08-10, 01:43 PM
i just think that it wasnt removed in 2008 for breaking rules with no price etc, and he logged back in and bumped it 2 years later thinking hes doing nothing wrong, then it should just be explained to him and not done what pete has done and created a pointless thread thats going nowhere,

Dan
08-08-10, 02:20 PM
fpmsl lol lol lol lol lol i cant even be bothered to give a sensible reply to that, square peg round hole an all that, my last 2 reply's tell the whole story if read properly lol lol lol

Alex J
08-08-10, 02:25 PM
:wall: :wall: :wall:

Jack
08-08-10, 06:01 PM
Uh oh, better ban Jack then lol
Pfft. I have a love hat relationship with my Nova. I love to hate it lol

Pete
08-08-10, 09:08 PM
imo i think i was right in saying what i said to him.
everyone is entitled to the own opinion, so i said mine same as he said his.

its a public forum, everyone will post what they want to post, i just posted what i wanted, if you disagree theres nothing i can do but in no way way i trying to look clever, i said that it was a first for me for someone to send me a messege like that....

Paul
08-08-10, 09:42 PM
Why is there even a thread about this?

This thread is more pointless than the original FS thread.

His ad was crap, so it got deleted, big woop.

MK999
08-08-10, 09:54 PM
fpmsl lol lol lol lol lol i cant even be bothered to give a sensible reply to that, square peg round hole an all that, my last 2 reply's tell the whole story if read properly lol lol lol

Basically, his for sale post was crap, and you rightly removed it.

But the fact he bumped it to say that it was still for sale was valid, as its hardly needlessly bumping an old post but rather updating a for sale thread, which for some reason Pete felt the need to have a go at him for which in the view of many really wasn't necessary. When actually a more polite request for details price etc would have worked just fine.

So, those that are saying it wasn't the right way to go about it weren't having a go at you Dan, or the removal, rather the unnecessary comment from Pete.

svlet
10-08-10, 11:28 AM
if the car has been sat in his drive for 2 years would it even be worth buying and would thier be much of it left...

GRUNT 16V
10-08-10, 01:09 PM
Im glad i had nothing to do with this one !!!!!!!!! As most people know im up the front when upsetting people!!!!! lol

GRUNT 16V
10-08-10, 01:10 PM
to be honest i would not worry about the pm you recieved !!!! look what i had one time !!!

I received this message from mr5050
i dont take to kindly to be called a tw@T , will be interesting to meet you at the next png event where maybe we can continue this discussionlol

Alex J
10-08-10, 01:28 PM
how very:gay:

mowgli
10-08-10, 01:49 PM
my car is still on my drive.....

but i plan to move it later cos it is bin day & the wheelie bin won't fit by it.....