PDA

View Full Version : Just been to look at this...

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:11 PM
Found this for sale and just been to view but it's a little bit over priced considering it will need 2 new rear arches a new drivers door maybe and has no extras.
Totally basic anniversary model or something.

Also it's got 2 spots of rust starting in the boot floor Right Hand Side.

Someone off here mite be going to see it as i know someone from derby is going and some other people.

If he knocked off a good 100+ quid i'd have bought it but even then you are going to have to remove all the decals which make it look decent which will ruin the way it looks when you sort out the panels.

Shame really.

48 on clock
1 lady owner

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/Photo1837.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i319/MD_Crew/Photo1838.jpg

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1382223242

http://pictures2.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=1382223289

Andy
07-08-10, 12:13 PM
for 475 what do you want?!!! lol

vaughanmc
07-08-10, 12:13 PM
How much is it like ? Doesn't look too bad and with a bit of TLC could be quite a tidy wee motor

SR-Rally
07-08-10, 12:14 PM
yeah not bad but other priced. last standard nova i brought had 45 on clock 12monts mot and set me back £320 and it was a completely solid car

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:15 PM
I'ts £475 but the decals on it look really nice and make the car TBH and they would all have to come off to sort out the arches and the drivers door.

I know it's a decent ish price but not really considering my nova when i bought it was in same ish nick with 44 on the clock and i paid £150

Spudly
07-08-10, 12:15 PM
Is that £475 or £4750, cant make it out?

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:16 PM
yeah not bad but other priced. last standard nova i brought had 45 on clock 12monts mot and set me back £320 and it was a completely solid car
Exactly...
I asked if he would lower the price but he wouldn't budge on it.
I would have gave him the money there and then if he would go down a £100 at least.

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:17 PM
If it was as mint as the guy said over the phone E.G.- Only 1 arch had some rust then i was going to put it in my garage as a minter for next years shows.

Andy
it will pull 475 on ebay all day long

vaughanmc
I'd be asking why the lower front panel has stone chip on it as well...Has it been replaced, if so what's the repair like and also the bottom of the doors whats the hiding as that model of Nova shouldn't be black at the bottom of the doors

That's what goes through my head when I see it anyway

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:18 PM
it will pull 475 on ebay all day long
That's why i said to the guy someone will buy it for that but i'm not willing to pay that then have to get body work sorted on a standard nova.
It's totally basic.
Doesn't have any upgrades on it.
Doesn't have any panels for a shelf or arm rest panels in back or ashtrays in back or anything.

SR-Rally
07-08-10, 12:19 PM
if its still there in a week go back with 350 big ones in your hand and see what he says :) when people see the money they can change there mind ;)

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:19 PM
I told him if no one buys it i'll ring him next week and offer him a price.
It's only 20 mins drive away.

paul james
07-08-10, 12:33 PM
Its still a cheap car, I presume its taxed and Mot'd which counts for a lot.

I think people should put out of their mind thoughts of "I bought a mint nova for £1.50 2 years ago" because bargain opportunities like that are few and far between.

MattBrown
07-08-10, 12:35 PM
I bought a c20let for a tad more than that.

But, that doesnt make that worse less does it?

£500 for a car is fk all.

Get £375 in his hand, and have the car:)

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:35 PM
It's got 12 months m.o.t and a few month tax.

But that counts for nothing to me because i was sticking it in my garage not driving it.

L33 LEG
07-08-10, 12:43 PM
full tax and test aswell? lol Go back and buy it, if you think it's a decent shell then it's not worth argueing over the sake of £100.

NovaLad
07-08-10, 12:45 PM
Full test... most likely done by them so for all i know they mite have given it an easy pass.

Only a couple months tax i think...

Like i said though Lee it needs rear arch work and 1 door which would then ruin the rest of it.

peester
07-08-10, 12:57 PM
looks a bit .. 'me nan knitted it'

L33 LEG
07-08-10, 01:00 PM
Full test... most likely done by them so for all i know they mite have given it an easy pass.

Only a couple months tax i think...

Like i said though Lee it needs rear arch work and 1 door which would then ruin the rest of it.

Sorry didnt notice only a few months tax. It's obviously upto you but we all know that there isnt many decent shells left now, and especially cheap. If it is all solid underneath then i would snap it up as rear arches and a door isnt the end of the world, but i havnt seen the car so il just shut up lol It all depends what sort of project you want and how long you are planning on keeping it for.

mk1nova_rich
07-08-10, 01:08 PM
:wtf: if you aren't willing to pay that then dont buy it!! to me that looks a clean Nova and as Andy said, it will see £475+ all day long on ebay.

Gaz1300SR
07-08-10, 01:15 PM
Is a bit steep for a base model IMO. I think you did right sticking to your price!

mowgli
07-08-10, 01:21 PM
it has most likely had the doors gobbed up. otherwise it wouldn't have been painted like that, it is a base model, and the stickers are just some dealer fit crap.

steviegsi
07-08-10, 01:25 PM
Looks well worth the money . Stickers would be the first thing to be ripped off it was mine!

hybridturbo
07-08-10, 01:31 PM
Pointless asking if he will take a lower price on it unless you have the cash on you and you show him it :wtf:

I think you went because you thought it was a minter then noticed a few things wrong etc and couldnt make a real offer because you had nothing but your tyre kicking trainers on you lol

Nova00
07-08-10, 02:02 PM
I also looked at car this morning as very local - it is exactly what the advert says and if so is not £475 a fair price?. Irrespective of nova enthusiast interest surely a good car for a young driver or for modifying. I hope it finds a good home for the rest of its running days.
(as regards rust fitted as standard to 20 year plus nova cars)

mowgli
07-08-10, 02:57 PM
well my 20 year old red base model nova has no rust & hasn't been repainted........... so it is an oprional extra.......

so is it you that's selling???

Gaz1300SR
07-08-10, 04:33 PM
I also looked at car this morning as very local - it is exactly what the advert says and if so is not £475 a fair price?. Irrespective of nova enthusiast interest surely a good car for a young driver or for modifying. I hope it finds a good home for the rest of its running days.
(as regards rust fitted as standard to 20 year plus nova cars)

You're the current owner/trader then? lol

nova gsi ian
07-08-10, 04:42 PM
Hey! come on guys how many solid novas are around now? if this is a solidish shell its worth it for the shell alone, the engine is surely a bonus and if you want it to show as you say you do then its a bloody cheap nova worth every penny of £475! get your hand in your pocket fella and get yourself something thats worth paying the doh for , instead of a rusty chaved up banger,£475 is nothing for a half decent nova.

NovaLad
07-08-10, 06:23 PM
it has most likely had the doors gobbed up. otherwise it wouldn't have been painted like that, it is a base model, and the stickers are just some dealer fit crap.
HAHA it's funny you should say that because on a closer inspection of the pin striped stickers they was peeling off lol.

Nova00
08-08-10, 09:31 PM
You're the current owner/trader then? lol

No