PDA

View Full Version : C20xe Afm

L33 LEG
07-08-10, 11:43 AM
I read a post in search the other day that was going on about the screw in the afm and that you must NOT touch it...well last year i did do lol and i am now wondering if this is the reason for my misfire problem whilst reving it harder. Without changing it for another one (i also think i may have tampered with my spare one), how would i go about getting the screw in the right place? I don't really fancy doing a trial and error up and down my street ragging it until it misses :wtf:

mayhem
07-08-10, 11:46 AM
lol

never, never touch the screw.

i guess best is to put a wide band lamba on it, and adjust it till it's good.

L33 LEG
07-08-10, 12:17 PM
Well i didnt know at the time lol

Do you think it'll be worth adjusting it and testing it until it's right or will it never be right again? I suppose i should try and test my mates afm on mine later just to see if it is affecting anything.

Rickardo
07-08-10, 12:20 PM
I have a spare you can have if you pick it up. :thumb:

Andy
07-08-10, 12:20 PM
needs an emissions test to set it up

L33 LEG
07-08-10, 12:39 PM
Rickardo, il try my mates to see if it makes it any better. If it does il drop you a pm about yours, cheers :thumb:

I've never had an emissions test in my life lol

Damo
08-08-10, 01:27 PM
Just to add to this thread i think i have a similar problem when im reving it hard in 3 4 5th gears as i approach sort of 3000rpm ish it feels like it misses then picks up then misses etc...... but my afm is untouched?

Its a 92 dissy type xe.

If anyone has any good suggestions let us know.

Damo.

L33 LEG
08-08-10, 01:59 PM
I've had the problem since fitting my engine last year lol i have searched on here and there are so many things it could be. I have always said mine is fuel related though and one by one will try different things.

The afm probably wont cure my problem, but it certainly needs changing.

Mazz
08-08-10, 02:21 PM
Why not go to a local MOT garage and ask them just to stick it on the emission machine?

Last MOT, mine was reading 5.5 on the c02 (iirc), we tweaked the AFM screw while on the machine and got it down to 0.22 :p

Damo
08-08-10, 03:08 PM
lee what have you tried so far?

Ive tryed,
AFM
ICV
CTS.

Damo.