PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Part Number Thread

djbrowney
06-08-10, 10:28 AM
At least once a day i must see people asking for part numbers for things, post them all in one thread with part number/part. or is that just to simple ???

If any one cant find a part number in here and wants one just post asking for it in this thread :cool:

Edd
06-08-10, 10:42 AM
Top idea

I did offer to do copies of Epc but got shot down saying it's illegal to do so, can't see why, actually saves time when you go to Vauxhall.

GDN16v
06-08-10, 10:45 AM
Good idea;) Will be a long list with all the numbers and descriptions and alot of time to sort out!

Can you not just copy the numbers and descriptions off EPC to post up?

Pistol Pete
06-08-10, 11:46 AM
Fcuking lol i started a thread about this a while and got told it wasnt needed!

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146694

Jack
06-08-10, 12:28 PM
Was going to say this has been mentioned a million times before. Usually it ends up as people without EPC want part numbers whilst people with EPC can't be bothered to list them lol

Top idea

I did offer to do copies of Epc but got shot down saying it's illegal to do so, can't see why, actually saves time when you go to Vauxhall.
Its the program thats copyrighted, not the data AFAIK... So a list of part numbers would probably be Ok.

Anyway. As per the thread that Pete linked, I believe Martin volunteered himself to list all the Nova-related part numbers off EPC. Has he finished doing it yet? lol

[edit] EPC is essentially a glorified database. Can someone just not write a script to extract all the data from it that relates to Novas?

AlexW
06-08-10, 12:29 PM
Ive got nowt else to do today, il do some of the most requested parts/items i know vauxhall still stock.

So if anybody can think of a list of most wanted part numbers, list em!

Edd
06-08-10, 12:32 PM
Anyway. As per the thread that Pete linked, I believe Martin volunteered himself to list all the Nova-related part numbers off EPC. Has he finished doing it yet? lol

[edit] EPC is essentially a glorified database. Can someone just not write a script to extract all the data from it that relates to Novas?
I bet Martin hasnt even started it lol

If i knew what you meant or how to do that i would lol

Pistol Pete
06-08-10, 01:03 PM
Looks like AW06 has volunteered himself aswell...

Edd
06-08-10, 01:10 PM
lol tried get the files off EPC to post them on here, if any body can tell me how to do it i will happily do it as im off work for a few days now.

mowgli
06-08-10, 01:19 PM
what file format is epc in? or is it an old cd rom???

the thing is that only the trim bits are what people need from vauxhall.....pretty much everything else is available from another model or the aftermarket. can't it just be passed round?

Edd
06-08-10, 01:22 PM
what file format is epc in? or is it an old cd rom???

the thing is that only the trim bits are what people need from vauxhall.....pretty much everything else is available from another model or the aftermarket. can't it just be passed round?

iv got it on cd rom, i can copy it for people no probs, but if i knew how to extact the files so i could post them i would lol im no pc boffin lol

mowgli
06-08-10, 01:24 PM
well. i have a laptop that is not linked to anything, and has no decent data on it.... if it needs to be used as a guinea pig.......

MattBrown
06-08-10, 01:30 PM
Why dont we just let people find the numbers on the internet?

It cant be that hard.

It may work, but, Im sceptical.

mowgli
06-08-10, 01:35 PM
because vauxhall will probably get upset

Edd
06-08-10, 01:37 PM
you could do that Matt, be alot easier if it was on here tho

Pistol Pete
06-08-10, 01:42 PM
Why dont we just let people find the numbers on the internet?

It cant be that hard.

It may work, but, Im sceptical.

:roll: Because its about helping each other out!!

bazil
06-08-10, 01:47 PM
It's an odd thing, I checked epc for a bolt in fuel sender unit, woohoo it wasn't NLS, called vauxhall and the bloke checked his epc woohoo not NLS then he checked the system for prices which is not part of epc and guess what I was told? Sorry sir this part is no longer serviced by vauxhall,

Graeme
06-08-10, 04:42 PM
Has any one got the part number for a speedline alessio 2, I believe they came on the Gsi model between 90 - 93?

Edd
06-08-10, 04:46 PM
lol

djbrowney
06-08-10, 05:34 PM
Fool me you guys an number and description was req

FFs stop making a mountain of of a mole hill,

Roof gutter 374747 ect ect

^ that's not the part number that's just an example !

Pistol Pete
06-08-10, 05:38 PM
Has any one got the part number for a speedline alessio 2, I believe they came on the Gsi model between 90 - 93?

lol

mowgli
06-08-10, 05:50 PM
90182165 halfshaft seal for f10/13/15 type box. £7.39+vat

Jack
06-08-10, 06:25 PM
FFs stop making a mountain of of a mole hill
Unfortunately thats what happens when this kinda thread is started!

I'll put a fresh sticky in mech and keep tabs on it being part numbers etc only, not OT chit chat, and see where it goes.

djbrowney
06-08-10, 06:28 PM
That's what I hoped cheers Jack, close this thread as it fulln
of **** anyway lol

MattBrown
06-08-10, 06:36 PM
How are we supposed to get the price jack?

And the date of enquiry?

That means, if someone asks me, I have to get on epc, then ring vauxhall up, then post it.

I know for one I cba doing that lol

I am more than happy to check epc though:)

Jack
06-08-10, 06:40 PM
Date is purely when you got the number. So if you found a receipt from, say, 2001 with a part number on it then put that on. Or if you looked on EPC yesterday, then put yesterday's date (be handy to put either the version number or date of issue of the EPC software though in the source bit). I just figured it might give people a little heads up as to accuracy as some really old numbers may have been replaced or superceeded.

As for cost, if you don't know it (e.g. from EPC) then just leave it out. Again, its just an extra useful titbit of info for people. Combined with the date its handy too, as that part from 2001 may have gone up a few quid, but it gives a rough guide.

Sloth
06-08-10, 06:40 PM
Some Epc's Also Have The Price File Matt, As For Date Of Enquiry Just Put N/a. Its Not Hard Is It?

Jack
06-08-10, 06:43 PM
Roth, yours is fine. I would say just to edit it to put the date of when you found out the info (even if its just roughly), as someone looking at the list in a few years time may not notice the date of your post.

Sloth
06-08-10, 06:44 PM
no worries. done. :)