PDA

View Full Version : gear linkage

nova_pipi
04-08-10, 03:27 PM
iv just fitted my c16se with the standard box into my nova, would someone be able to tell me how to set my gear linkage because i dont know how to do it and i didnt understand the haynes lol thanks

Sloth
04-08-10, 03:41 PM
follow the haynes, but the basic gist is, hold the lever over to the left, then at the box push the button in at the back of the turret, move the selector over till it stops and nip the bolt up under the car. its best with a few mates.

nova_pipi
04-08-10, 03:43 PM
i thought thats what it was ish i just wasnt to sure and do i have to do anything apart from put an allen key in the hole on top of the box?

Sloth
04-08-10, 03:45 PM
iirc on the smallblocks you dont put a key in you push a button in thats already there.

nova_pipi
04-08-10, 03:51 PM
its got like a small plastic rod inside it that can pull out but thats all i can see :S

swedge
04-08-10, 04:06 PM
All I done was put the box in reverse gear stick in reverse and tighten up worked first time

nova_pipi
04-08-10, 04:28 PM
that sounds alot easier, i didnt think of that, how do i put the box in reverse? lol

swedge
04-08-10, 04:38 PM
Push the selector on the box to the passenger side and then towards the back of the bay, you can hear it go into reverse as the sound is different

swedge
04-08-10, 04:40 PM
Don't connect up the rod when you do this though get someone to hold the gearstick in reverse and once the box is in reverse connect it up and tighten without moving the gearstick or taking it out of reverse

mowgli
04-08-10, 04:42 PM
undo the clamp bolt.
on the shifter box, there is a small plastic plug. remove it, and turn the linkage till a 4.5 mm drill bit slides in & locks.
then move the gearstick to the neutral position between 1st & 2nd. jam it in position.
tighten the clamp bolt.
it is a 5 minute job.

if you have changed from a 4 speed to a 5 speed, make sure the stick is modified & that the 5 speed shifter box is fitted.

if you undo the linkage at the uj, then take the box out. when the new one is replaced, there is a very good chance that it won't need adjusting at all.