PDA

View Full Version : bad rattle :(

michael squeak
03-08-10, 10:16 PM
this isnt for me but for a mate.. an not a nova but a corsa .. lol.. but seeing how you guys no your shizzle here goes..

he purchased the car
drove the car (quickly)
drove it some more and pop.. the pipe comes off the oil cooler
oil goes everywere so he turned it off asap..
he has replaced all the bottom end shells and put back together but noo oil pressure is building up
he doesnt no why.
any ideas?? apart from scrap the shizzle lol

thanks mike

simonm
03-08-10, 10:20 PM
could be possible that the crank was ground in the past and the shells are the wrong size to suit the crank there fore not allowin it build up pressure

MattBrown
03-08-10, 10:23 PM
Its fukked mike.

Could be a million and one things, how soon did he spot the leak?

michael squeak
03-08-10, 10:26 PM
litterally driving it home and the light came on.. as soon as it did oil shot everywere.. and turned it off straight away..

the shells came from raymond williams an engineering company who got all the parts to rebuild mine. (matt will no this guy) preety spot on..

simonm
03-08-10, 10:39 PM
how was the crank measured for the bearings

michael squeak
03-08-10, 10:59 PM
hes not had it measured just the shells checked against the new ones . the origionals were standard.. there is no scoring on the crank
he says the top end is rattling its t1ts off

Damo
03-08-10, 11:08 PM
oil pumps low on pressure my mate had same problem mate

michael squeak
03-08-10, 11:13 PM
any recomendations for places for a new oil pump?

MattBrown
03-08-10, 11:15 PM
litterally driving it home and the light came on.. as soon as it did oil shot everywere.. and turned it off straight away..

the shells came from raymond williams an engineering company who got all the parts to rebuild mine. (matt will no this guy) preety spot on..

There will be no probs with the parts:thumb:

Maybe with the fitting?

Just run it till it dies lol

simonm
03-08-10, 11:36 PM
mate of mine had the same prob was oil pump to sounds like bearings ok then get an oil pump mate

Lee
04-08-10, 12:08 AM
Shells back to front?

AlexW
04-08-10, 08:55 AM
What engine is it?