PDA

View Full Version : Total Vauxhall Van Feature

Richie_B
03-08-10, 07:55 PM
Was in Asda tonight and almost made an arguably long overdue purchase of TV after a good few years of not buying one having cancelled my subscription. There was a Nova in it so things were looking positive.

Did the obligatory peruse before showing the shopkeep the colour of my money only to find a van 'build' featured within. I use feature and build loosely considering it was a 'transit' van lowered with cushty wheels and some bumper bars front and back. I believe it also had a pipe tube on the roofrack. I assume that was some sort of grafters scene look.

The interior was almost as standard. I believe the only interior modification was to remove the factory fitted copy of 'the Sun' and to kick the tab packets out of view.

TBF, it looked ok but, alas, feature vehicle it is not.

Anyway, put it back and didn't buy in protest. I'm sure they won't miss my £4.25.

:wtf:

craig green
03-08-10, 08:06 PM
Jsut stick to Club International or RAZZLE pal. I do.

Sturge
03-08-10, 09:49 PM
Would that be the 400 brake cossie Transit?

Dan Stanley
04-08-10, 12:30 AM
It was quite a lame feature to be honest. However at least they are including more variety in the mag (?).

Jack
04-08-10, 07:45 AM
'transit' van
Am I missing something here, or is that a ford being featured in a Vauxhall mag?

Tell me if I've got the wrong end of the stick though, I don't read it so haven't seen the feature.

Benn
04-08-10, 07:54 AM
Its a Morovo (sp? not clue what they are lol ) van.

Bigger turbo, but that's about it. Is the guys daily van tho.. But i was a bit "erm.. wha" at it too..

Jack
04-08-10, 08:09 AM
Ohhhhh. A Movano. That thing people used to nick the badge off so they could have a large "NOVA" badge on the back :tard:

Dougie_SRi
04-08-10, 10:39 AM
It's a Vivaro Sportive 2.5 CDTi which is a working van owned by a plumber, hence the pipe rack on the roof. As a number of readers use standard versions of these vans for work, we thought it'd be fun to show an example with a few things done, as a one off, for fun, as part of a larger feature looking at other vans (Combo and Astravan).

GDN16v
04-08-10, 10:42 AM
It's a Vivaro Sportive 2.5 CDTi which is a working van owned by a plumber, hence the pipe rack on the roof. As a number of readers use standard versions of these vans for work, we thought it'd be fun to show an example with a few things done, as a one off, for fun, as part of a larger feature looking at other vans (Combo and Astravan).
Not exactly of the massive appeal variety though is it!

Nova van, Corsa van/combo, astra van mk3 4 5, yes - Vivaro = no :thumb:

TBH it ranks up alongside a VXR astra / corsa model being featured, yes VXR's are nice but my god theyre all so boring and the same apart from a set of wheels and different colour grill!

Paul
04-08-10, 11:52 AM

TBH it ranks up alongside a VXR astra / corsa model being featured, yes VXR's are nice but my god theyre all so boring and the same apart from a set of wheels and different colour grill!

The VXR Stands at shows are worse! You may see a K&N sticker on the airbox and and a regal stage 2 sticker on the engine cover. How boring.

Keif
04-08-10, 12:15 PM
yes VXR's are nice but my god theyre all so boring and the same apart from a set of wheels and different colour grill!

The VXR Stands at shows are worse! You may see a K&N sticker on the airbox and and a regal stage 2 sticker on the engine cover. How boring.

So true, that's why i just walk on by.

Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR.
[walks to next car]
Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR. :wtf:
[walks to next car]
Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR. :wtf::wtf:
[walks to next car]
Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR. :wtf::wtf::wtf:
[walks to next car]
Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:
[walks to next car]
Ooh look, there's an Arden Blue Astra VXR. :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::tard:
[walks to next car]
O.K. Bored now

GDN16v
04-08-10, 12:22 PM
lmfao lol

Southie
04-08-10, 12:26 PM
What's next then.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/virtual_large/697.jpg

mowgli
04-08-10, 12:36 PM
for god's sake don't show that to mike!!!!

i was well impressed with the 500hp zafira article, a couple of months ago.... the pigeon shat welding on the intake pipe that had gone rusty really looked great......

MK999
04-08-10, 12:40 PM

I saw a black one once! Took a picture too. Was mega disappointed by the one by regals stand that appeared to be matt black but was arseden blue underneath lol

mowgli
04-08-10, 12:43 PM
don't complain about reg & al, or the legal people will be on.... its a very highly skilled job to get a parcel from germany & screw the bits onto a nearly new car......

Southie
04-08-10, 12:45 PM
I saw a black one once! Took a picture too. Was mega disappointed by the one by regals stand that appeared to be matt black but was arseden blue underneath lol
Covered your backside lol It's one of these you mean, yes!

http://www.musicroom.com/Images/Catalogue/productpage/MAN5401.jpg (http://www.musicroom.com/Images/Catalogue/fullsize/MAN5401.jpg)

MK999
04-08-10, 12:50 PM
It was not to my taste but obvious well built by a reputable company etc etc, even the bare crimps in the engine bay of their corsa sat next to the cambelt looked very well done.

Dougie_SRi
04-08-10, 05:32 PM

Not all the features are supposed to be of massive appeal, the magazine is a niche title. Funnily enough, I sometimes get complaints from owners of newer cars who tell me Novas are boring. Can't please everyone, eh lol

Lynsey
04-08-10, 05:39 PM
Variety is the spice of life :thumb: I also like mk1 Astras and Carltons lol

Jack
04-08-10, 05:42 PM
Aye, I'm inclined to agree. Something different is good.

GDN16v
04-08-10, 05:44 PM
Not all the features are supposed to be of massive appeal, lol
Why not? Yeah you cant appeal to everyone all of the time but it needs to be aimed at the majority of the market! Surely the magazine sells on the appeal of the vauxhall enthusiasts buying the magazine on what articles have been written inside to interest them in this niche titled magazine!

So if someone picks up the magazine in the shop, as i have done myself and as already said puts it back on the shelf because nothing of the contents interest them enough to buy it then surely the point of the magazine is lost, if even the like minded vauxhall enthusiasts dont buy the only vauxhall mag out theyre!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

mowgli
04-08-10, 05:45 PM
Aye, I'm inclined to agree. Something different is good.

ok, so where are the articles about mk1 astras without LETs, and belmonts, and chevette estates...? the trouble is that they are of limited appeal.

loads of people own tuned vxr stuff, and big hp headlines sell copies.

Mazz
04-08-10, 05:51 PM
I read the Movarno/Vivaro (which ever it was!) feature earlier and at first was a little confused as to why? But I still read it and thought it was something completely different...

smcgsi16v
04-08-10, 06:30 PM
I liked it.

It was something different to the normal boring VXR same old same old crap.

Big_Chap
04-08-10, 06:39 PM
End of the day you can only p!ss with the c0ck you've got!

(another, and even more suited phrase)

Build them, and they will come!...:thumb: lol

Benn
04-08-10, 06:44 PM
What's next then.

http://www.modifiedcars.com/pix/virtual_large/697.jpg

Now that would be frigging awesome.

If Vauxhall built a good pick up i'd have one and go mental on it.. Smooth and slammed.

Graeme
04-08-10, 07:03 PM
I love reading the features in T.V. whether I'm interested in the cars or not, and the raod tests and other interesting stuff, and when I've read it cover to cover I used it as a 'Wheres Wally?' book and try to find Dougie as he is usually on most of the pages

mr5050
04-08-10, 08:47 PM
if it was just novas astras and corsas every week i wouldn't have subscribed! i think its a great mag, thats just my opinion, i do think that theres many on this site that are purely nova enthusiast, thats great, but alot of us are vauxhall enthusiasts and any piece of metal wearing a griffin badge is worth a read :thumb:

Richie_B
04-08-10, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the replies. Was actually expecting to look back on here and find there was only one.

It was a nice van, just seemed a little limited for a feature considering some/the majority have had a lot of work done to them.

Also agree with the points by people on the newer cars in it. Driven through Regal with a remortgage etc

Mazz
04-08-10, 10:13 PM
Features that do rattle are ones like the green XE Chevette (iirc) where all did was buy the cars and send them to RetroPower and they did all the work...

MK999
04-08-10, 10:21 PM
Features that do rattle are ones like the green XE Chevette (iirc) where all did was buy the cars and send them to RetroPower and they did all the work...

Really popular in VW mags actually, and still have their place, to look at it, who cares who did the work if it's a nice/interesting car.

Mazz
05-08-10, 04:56 PM
I like to read about cars that people have built themselves, like Dave Broomfields van in the latest issue, not how someone can write a cheque...

John
05-08-10, 05:35 PM
I like to read about cars that people have built themselves, like Dave Broomfields van in the latest issue, not how someone can write a cheque...

I'll second that. :)

MK999
05-08-10, 06:11 PM

Someone incredibly skilled still built it though, just not the owner. Does the same apply to Nick J's mk2 now it's been sold on?

I get where you're coming from, stories of some crazy clean/powerful home build are the best stories, but just because someone was paid to do it doesn't make it a story not worth reading imo.

Alex J
05-08-10, 06:52 PM
i thought i picked up a copy of van traderlol , not total vauxhall, good to have a bit of everything imo, anything is better than max power, fast car, redline, etc etc! maybe if some of us got our build threads finished they may get a feature instead of an old work wagon