PDA

View Full Version : Which sump gasket on xe?

ST-eater
02-08-10, 09:38 PM
Hi, I'm having nothing but trouble with my xe leak wise lol. Anyway thanks to some help here I've replaced my oil pump seam and this is fantastically dry!! Now the final leak is from my xe sump gasket. I bought a rubber gasket which wraps around the baffle plate and then you bolt it all together. However it's the worst gasket I've ever clapped eyes on. More chance on using pubic hairs to seal up the sump. However there is a lack of these, so I'm looking for a better solution.

I've been told there is a gasket out there which has the baffle plate built into it, and the only thing I need to do differently is fit smaller bolts. I've done a search but can't see what model / engine code it is.

Can anyone give me the info, would be greatly appreciated.

w88rdy
02-08-10, 09:44 PM
you need the ecotec gasket that is bonded to the baffleplate mate and a set of shorter bolts,

Autovaux is your friend! Thats where i got mine at the time

Damo
02-08-10, 09:44 PM
Hi, I'm having nothing but trouble with my xe leak wise lol. Anyway thanks to some help here I've replaced my oil pump seam and this is fantastically dry!! Now the final leak is from my xe sump gasket. I bought a rubber gasket which wraps around the baffle plate and then you bolt it all together. However it's the worst gasket I've ever clapped eyes on. More chance on using pubic hairs to seal up the sump. However there is a lack of these, so I'm looking for a better solution.

I've been told there is a gasket out there which has the baffle plate built into it, and the only thing I need to do differently is fit smaller bolts. I've done a search but can't see what model / engine code it is.

Can anyone give me the info, would be greatly appreciated.

You need a c20xe one mayte they have the bonded rubber gasket and baffle plate but on these you have to bend a tab on the baffle plate to avoid contact with the crank.

Benn
02-08-10, 10:06 PM
^ That's the ecotec one. Not the C20xe.

John
02-08-10, 10:15 PM
http://www.autovaux.co.uk/LoadPortal.aspx?cnum=84&pnum=AS90528632&tabid=5&vnum=174

ST-eater
03-08-10, 08:52 AM
Collected one this morning for £30... It's twice the price of the one in the link but I'm desperate for the car. Does anyone know the bolt size and which part needs bending?

ST-eater
03-08-10, 08:56 AM
Found info on bending the tab down, but can't find the bolt size

Austin_Nova16
03-08-10, 08:59 AM
Use weldseal on that gasket, you'll never get any leaks!

ST-eater
03-08-10, 08:59 AM
Also found the bolt size m6x20. Cheers all for the info!! Someone needs
to make a sticky for this me thinks.

Damo
03-08-10, 11:10 PM
^ That's the ecotec one. Not the C20xe.

Yea my bad i meant c20ne or eco one.

Mazz
04-08-10, 06:40 PM
Little bit of lock-tight and washers remember...

Collected one this morning for £30... It's twice the price of the one in the link

That will be +VAT and delivery so will be more like £25...

tony k
04-08-10, 09:28 PM
Found info on bending the tab down, but can't find the bolt size

sorry to spam the thread,im getting one of these aswell,what part needs bending,as getting the z20let oil pump,so doing this at the same time

Mazz
04-08-10, 10:14 PM
http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/Gotchas_LET.htm#sumpleaks