29-07-10, 11:30 PM
do fuel pumps have a time delay?

AlexW
29-07-10, 11:32 PM
no? lol?

why

waynes sri
29-07-10, 11:37 PM
as other week when i put a new pump on it wouldnt start for anything so put a wire from the batt to the pump and it fired up. since then ive been billing and other places.i got in it today went out then few hours later was just turning over.was like it was gased up and so i did the wire job again and it started 1st time it buzzed the pump and away it went very ****ing strange:confused:

AlexW
29-07-10, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a dodgy connection tbh

Asa-James
29-07-10, 11:38 PM
relay...

waynes sri
29-07-10, 11:42 PM
had a brand new relay before the pump as i thought might be that to start with.dont know were it could be faulty tho right outs me off the car...can see me selling it if carrys on lol

waynes sri
30-07-10, 11:21 AM
got home today got in it to put it away and wouldnt start again it fired up but then cut start out left it for ten mins and it worked fine whats goin off with it any help would be good

Will F
30-07-10, 06:34 PM
Does sound like a relay fault - when it wont start, is there fuel getting to the rail etc?

Could be something else - and just coincidence?

waynes sri
30-07-10, 07:15 PM
Does sound like a relay fault - when it wont start, is there fuel getting to the rail etc?

Could be something else - and just coincidence? ive put a new fuel relay on what others could it be? yes theres fuel there took that like dust cap thing off and fuel came out. its getting a bit of a **** with this starting thing really makes be not trust it lol

Will F
30-07-10, 09:23 PM
if there is just a dribble then its not right - when you press the valve on the rail - it should spray everywhere....

If there is a spray - then its not fuel related...

swedge
30-07-10, 09:48 PM
Only when it's running mine sprays just dribbles when it's not

Will F
30-07-10, 09:58 PM
Only when it's running mine sprays just dribbles when it's not

If you prime the pump - without the engine starting, it should spray - as the rail should be at 2-3 bar of pressure...

waynes sri
30-07-10, 10:05 PM
if there is just a dribble then its not right - when you press the valve on the rail - it should spray everywhere....

If there is a spray - then its not fuel related... not sure ill after to check but im sure it sprays..so if not to do with fuel what should i do next:confused:

Will F
30-07-10, 11:06 PM
not sure ill after to check but im sure it sprays..so if not to do with fuel what should i do next:confused:

If its getting fuel then it has to be spark related - whch could be all sorts of things.. ;)

waynes sri
31-07-10, 11:36 AM
If its getting fuel then it has to be spark related - whch could be all sorts of things.. ;) oh god lol thanks will rep for you help