PDA

View Full Version : Rising rate fpr

novalovingned
26-07-10, 07:36 PM
I've been trying to do some reserch into these but have had no luck. Can anyone recommend me a reliable unit at a reasonable price?

If you have the time links, pictures and experiences would be appreciated.

bazil
26-07-10, 07:46 PM
Iirc mikes * how to * turbo build thread has a bit about one

craig green
26-07-10, 07:50 PM
Mikes was a cheap Taiwanese affair sourced from the 'bay of copies & fakes.

For something as detrimental as an FPR, I wouldnt trust one. So cheap stuff is typically out of the window.

Mike
26-07-10, 07:55 PM
Mikes was a cheap Taiwanese affair sourced from the 'bay of copies & fakes.

For something as detrimental as an FPR, I wouldnt trust one. So cheap stuff is typically out of the window.

It wasnt actually Craig :) it was a fooking expensive billet aluminium one from eBay US, cost just over £100 IIRC.

craig green
26-07-10, 07:56 PM
I guess I'm used to seeing identical Taiwanese copies. No offence.

Mike
26-07-10, 07:58 PM
I guess I'm used to seeing identical Taiwanese copies. No offence.

The very reason I bought it from America. It was ment for a Toyota JZ egine not anything GM (hence a select amount of aeroquip fittings with certain bends etc supplied)

novalovingned
26-07-10, 09:05 PM
Craig: Where did you buy the one you used for your c16xe turbo conversion?

I seen the "How to turbo conversion" thread and found it very helpfull. I just cant see anywhere on the et that sell such a thing?

What is the units most common name, maybe its me looking for the wrong thing. I always thought they were just call either a boost sensitive fpr or a rising rate fpr?

novalovingned
17-03-11, 07:31 PM
Did'nt see the point making a new thread so i thought i would bump this :)

Anyone tried the rising rate fuel pressure regulators on ebay yet? £49 iirc? Not a bad price if it works?

C612DNM
17-03-11, 10:04 PM
Micro Dynamics used to do one......

craig green
17-03-11, 10:28 PM
Aeromotive or SARD would be what I use next. Trouble is avoiding copies (they all look the same LOL). I guess paying top whack from a reputable source is the answer.

Fuel lab springs to mind aswell.

Dayle_
18-03-11, 08:47 AM
I Actually had a genuine Aeromotive FPR and for the crack ordered one of the copies from Taiwan as found on ebay to see how identical they were.

I was actually amazed that on inspection and strip down they where exactly the same but fraction of the cost.

novalovingned
20-03-11, 04:10 PM
That's good to know mate, I think its going to be an eBay job for a start, see how well it works.

craig green
20-03-11, 05:03 PM
Yeah just take a gamble on your fuel pressure, your pistons won't thank you for that..